• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How did they get the warrant to go into Taylor's house?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have wondered and asked on several OP's on this message board, how did they get a warrant to go into Taylor's house since she wa not longer connected to her ex-boyfriend? I just heard that it was due to the postmaster told the judge that Taylor had received several packages and the police decided that they were drugs or money coming from her ex-boyfriend. In fact, Taylor had not received any packages for several months, so did the police or/and the postmaster lie to the person who authorities the warrant? Will there be an investigation into the issuing of the warrant? I suspect that will not happen. Interesting that the AG involved received the backing of the Police union in his election.

I have wondered and asked on several OP's on this message board, how did they get a warrant to go into Taylor's house since she wa not longer connected to her ex-boyfriend? I just heard that it was due to the postmaster told the judge that Taylor had received several packages and the police decided that they were drugs or money coming from her ex-boyfriend. In fact, Taylor had not received any packages for several months, so did the police or/and the postmaster lie to the person who authorities the warrant? Will there be an investigation into the issuing of the warrant? I suspect that will not happen. Interesting that the AG involved received the backing of the Police union in his election.

Below is a pretty good article laying it out.

Judges signing off warrant applications often just trust that the cop isn’t full of shit.

I remember reading somewhere that one jurisdiction the typical judge spent all of 5 minutes reviewing a warrant application.

Many seem to essentially just be rubber stamped.

Last edited:
And why the hell did it need to be no-knock? That one change would have prevented the shooting. The warrant is being investigated. How well it's being investigated is another question.

And why the hell did it need to be no-knock? That one change would have prevented the shooting. The warrant is being investigated. How well it's being investigated is another question.
I think it's been reported that the cops did, in fact, knock.

I think it's been reported that the cops did, in fact, knock.

There’s knocking and then there’s KNOCKING. The guy obviously didn’t hear it and that’s what matters.

More importantly why the hell was it served in the middle of the night? Waking up sleepy/sleeping people in the middle of the night by breaking down their door is a real good way to get your ass shot.

There’s knocking and then there’s KNOCKING. The guy obviously didn’t hear it and that’s what matters.

More importantly why the hell was it served in the middle of the night? Waking up sleepy/sleeping people in the middle of the night by breaking down their door is a real good way to get your ass shot.
True, I heard one her neighbors say they did not hear a thing until the shooting started and stated that their walls are paper thin. Often the knocking and kicking in the door are simultaneous it is supposed to disorient the people in the home and not allow time to destroy and evidence, funny thing though, they found Nothing in the apartment, and even the BF was not charged. Oh well just another day In America.

LOL!!

The guy heard something.

When the police busted down the door the guy was standing there...with a gun in his hand...and he fired on the police.

Quit trying to make up excuses, eh?

LOL!!

The guy heard something.

When the police busted down the door the guy was standing there...with a gun in his hand...and he fired on the police.

Quit trying to make up excuses, eh?

Yes he heard something. Whether it was the police knocking on the door or breaking it down isn’t clear. What he clearly didn’t know was that they were cops.

Back
Top Bottom