• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How China Came to Dominate the World in Solar Energy

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
How China Came to Dominate the World in Solar Energy https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/07/...nergy-exports.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

"China unleashed the full might of its solar energy industry last year. It installed more solar panels than the United States has in its history. It cut the wholesale price of panels it sells by nearly half. And its exports of fully assembled solar panels climbed 38 percent while its exports of key components almost doubled.

Get ready for an even bigger display of China’s solar energy dominance.

While the United States and Europe are trying to revive renewable energy production and help companies fend off bankruptcy, China is racing far ahead.

At the annual session of China’s legislature this week, Premier Li Qiang, the country’s second-highest official after Xi Jinping, announced that the country would accelerate the construction of solar panel farms as well as wind and hydroelectric projects.

With China’s economy stumbling, the ramped-up spending on renewable energy, mainly solar, is a cornerstone of a big bet on emerging technologies. China’s leaders say that a “new trio” of industries — solar panels, electric cars and lithium batteries — has replaced an “old trio” of clothing, furniture and appliances."

Meantime, China has the largest navy in the world and can build ships 300 times our capacity.
China is no joke. People better wake the **** up.
China also drew up new maps claiming Russian territory is theirs.
And, I am sure we are all aware how they are building islands in the south China Sea, just off shore of the Philippines as the claim the entire Asian Sea as theirs.

The article is behind a paywall.

I imagine China dominates solar the same way they dominate a lot of manufacturing sectors. They have lower labor costs and scant regard for workplace regulation and safety or clean up of toxic byproducts.

How China Came to Dominate the World in Solar Energy https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/07/...nergy-exports.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

"China unleashed the full might of its solar energy industry last year. It installed more solar panels than the United States has in its history. It cut the wholesale price of panels it sells by nearly half. And its exports of fully assembled solar panels climbed 38 percent while its exports of key components almost doubled.

While the United States and Europe are trying to revive renewable energy production and help companies fend off bankruptcy, China is racing far ahead.

At the annual session of China’s legislature this week, Premier Li Qiang, the country’s second-highest official after Xi Jinping, announced that the country would accelerate the construction of solar panel farms as well as wind and hydroelectric projects.

With China’s economy stumbling, the ramped-up spending on renewable energy, mainly solar, is a cornerstone of a big bet on emerging technologies. China’s leaders say that a “new trio” of industries — solar panels, electric cars and lithium batteries — has replaced an “old trio” of clothing, furniture and appliances."

Meantime, China has the largest navy in the world and can build ships 300 times our capacity.
And, I am sure we are all aware how they are building islands in the south China Sea, just off shore of the Philippines as the claim the entire Asian Sea as theirs.
Will China being powering those ships with wind/solar? I ask because you seem to be tying the two things together. Also, are you advocating for a massive increase in military spending so we can keep pace and even surpass the size of the Chinese Navy?

I imagine China dominates solar the same way they dominate a lot of manufacturing sectors. They have lower labor costs and scant regard for workplace regulation and safety or clean up of toxic byproducts.

I copied and pasted as much as I could.
IMHO, it's a good idea for all of us to scribe to the NY Times.

Will China being powering those ships with wind/solar? I ask because you seem to be tying the two things together. Also, are you advocating for a massive increase in military spending so we can keep pace and even surpass the size of the Chinese Navy?

My intent was to show the threat to our world dominance China is.
I would advocate for a serious overhaul of our military spending. A complete restructuring. No amount of money will help without this. We are behind on so much.

I copied and pasted as much as I could.
IMHO, it's a good idea for all of us to scribe to the NY Times.
Yeah, I'll get right on that! :ROFLMAO:

My intent was to show the threat to our world dominance China is.
Do you think that they want to destroy their consumer base?
I would advocate for a serious overhaul of our military spending. A complete restructuring. No amount of money will help without this. We are behind on so much.
We are extremely far ahead...

That and massive government subsidies to its preferred industries.

Do you think that they want to destroy their consumer base?

We are extremely far ahead...

Sounds like old school America arrogance.

Don't forget massive debt fueled subsidies.

As with most things Chinese, whatever leaps and bounds are made are always done at great cost in externalities and state spending.

Yeah, I'll get right on that! :ROFLMAO:

It would benefit your posts.
You would learn what journalism is vs propaganda and editorial something MAGA desperately needs to learn.

It would benefit your posts.
You would learn what journalism is vs propaganda and editorial something MAGA desperately needs to learn.
I'd certainly learn how to push a false Russian collusion narrative for 4 years, how the Wuhan lab leak was a "fringe" theory, how the Hunter laptop had "all the hallmarks of Russian disinformation", how to fire an editor for daring to allow an op-ed piece by a US senator that did not fit the Times' woke narrative, or most recently how Israel bombed a hospital in Gaza.

I'd certainly learn how to push a false Russian collusion narrative for 4 years, how the Wuhan lab leak was a "fringe" theory, how the Hunter laptop had "all the hallmarks of Russian disinformation", how to fire an editor for daring to allow an op-ed piece by a US senator that did not fit the Times' woke narrative, or most recently how Israel bombed a hospital in Gaza.

Russian collusion was confirmed.
I have always favored the lab leak theory but I do not understand why it seems important to the Red Hats.
People are fired all the time. Did you know editorials are opinion? Do you know the difference between journalism, editorial and propaganda? No you don't. You watch propaganda nighly and think it journalism.
Sad, really sad.
Isreal has committed countless war crimes and covered up even more. Did you have a point?

What does woke have to do with any of this?

Sure beats running around screaming THE SKY IS FALLING!!

Better to plan and be prepared. Good ****in God.
Tell me when placing one's head in the ground has ever paid dividends. Thanks, I'll wait.

Russian collusion was confirmed.
Sorry, no. Even the Times admitted it was based on nothing. Someone must have stolen your digital copy of the Times that day.

I have always favored the lab leak theory but I do not understand why it seems important to the Red Hats.
I did not know the Times were red hats. It seemed important to the Times, who called if fringe.

People are fired all the time. Did you know editorials are opinion? Do you know the difference between journalism, editorial and propaganda? No you don't. You watch propaganda nighly and think it journalism.
Sad, really sad.
Yes you are.
Isreal has committed countless war crimes and covered up even more. Did you have a point?
The rocket they allegedly fired into that hospital was a Hama rocket.

What does woke have to do with any of this?
Even if I was going to subscribe to a left wing paper, why would I choose one from 3,000 miles away?

NYC sucks eggs and can lick me. I'd subscribe to the SF Chron or the SJ Murky News or even the LA Times.

Sorry, no. Even the Times admitted it was based on nothing. Someone must have stolen your digital copy of the Times that day.

I did not know the Times were red hats. It seemed important to the Times, who called if fringe.

Yes you are.

The rocket they allegedly fired into that hospital was a Hama rocket.

Even if I was going to subscribe to a left wing paper, why would I choose one from 3,000 miles away?

NYC sucks eggs and can lick me. I'd subscribe to the SF Chron or the SJ Murky News or even the LA Times.

Nyc, greatest city in the country. This is not disputable.

Nyc, greatest city in the country. This is not disputable.
Yet you disrespect the dump by referring to it as "Nyc" instead of NYC?

Obviously, Newport Beach, CA is the greatest city in the USA.

The Chinese are Communist and as such Godless.

Tell me when panicking for no reason was a good idea... good luck.

Where did I panic? That is a logical fallacy to try and cover for your silly post.

Where did I panic? That is a logical fallacy to try and cover for your silly post.
... and now you are panicking about an accusation of panicking that was never given. LOL

Lol
Newport Beach is a suburban neighborhood not a city. Lol
Really stupid post.
Another
One of my absolutely favorite cities is Freestone, California.

I would be far more worried if the Chinese could manufacture a new generation of children, and were not facing demographic oblivion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom