• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House bill on healthcare to give government access to our checking accounts

E-mail 'analysis' of health bill needs a check-up

Guys, this is kind of central to the whole issue that people are crying grand evil enemies list conspiracy regarding the Communications Director at the White House asking for false information to be forwarded...you know so they can get a handle on what B.S. is being spread by fear mongers who have no ideas anymore...i.e Republican party. FYI, the White House is not asking for e-mail addresses, or any other information other than the subject of what is being passed around. Glad you all know this...not.

God damn I am on a roll today...wooohooo.

They are making it easy, aren't they?

This whole "rationing care" and "access to bank records" is laughable. HAHA

I did not see anywhere in that article that referenced or quoted the part of the bill that would do this.

Can anyone back up this claim of the government getting into our bank accounts with the specific section that allows it?

They are making it easy, aren't they?

This whole "rationing care" and "access to bank records" is laughable. HAHA

Easy yes.

Scary as well, scary that these people vote. Well then again Palin, big surprise.

I did not see anywhere in that article that referenced or quoted the part of the bill that would do this.

Can anyone back up this claim of the government getting into our bank accounts with the specific section that allows it?

Hello, just read a couple of posts above you, I linked to source, this is a topic long since shot down.

For your convenience, here is the section. Look at page 62 of the document. It's the same sort of laws that protect us when electronically transferring fund for our taxes, for companies like paypal, etc. The boogie man is not here.....

It appears to me that the Government is making it possible for people to sign up for automatic deductions from their checking account. I do this already for my phone bill, electric bill, car payment, and other bills. If I am forced to pay into government health care fund, this is the way I would do it - By signing up.

Want to address this honestly?

1) Address the costs. Attack there.

2) Address the fact that Obama has stated that he is in favor of single payer. He now is saying you can keep your present health insurance, but that is not what he has said before. Attack there.

There are plenty of issues to hit Obama on over his health care. Posting links from Looney Tunes is not one of them, and is the surest way for Republicans to get their asses handed to them again in 2010. The Democrats CAN be beaten, however, and the only way to do it is by concentrating on the REAL issues. The American people are not stupid.

Last edited:

Can I have your account number, I'd like to do the same thing! :thumbs:

Did I purchase something from you? The bank I financed my car with has my account number.

Last edited:
Apparently this is another piece of Bush's massive domestic surveillance program. How the hell big was that monstrosity?

It's gonna be weird watching the right complain about how scary and orwellian this is, and the left justifying it

Did I purchase something from you? The bank I financed my car with has my account number.

No purchase neccessary.... I just need your account number so I can deposit the millions I got from being a nigerian prince. :thumbs:

No purchase neccessary.... I just need your account number so I can deposit the millions I got from being a nigerian prince. :thumbs:

Sorry, I don't talk to telemarketers.

**Hangs up the phone**:mrgreen:

Access to bank accounts is small potatos. They will have complete access to your medical records and be able to grant or deny access to healthcare for you and all your loved ones. What else do they need?

Moderator's Warning:
Here are the Rules and Guidelines to help you properly use the *Breaking News* forum:

I - All Forum Rules apply here: DP Forum Rules (Forum Rules)

II - All Opening Post threads posted in *BN* must have:

• Link to an article, media or news resource which may include blogs.
• Dateline within the past 48 hours.
• Exact same title as the cited article.
• Quoted short excerpts from the article.
• Your own unique content to spur discussion.

III - The following types of articles may not be posted in the *BN* forum:

• Articles that meet the above standards, but contain overly partisan commentary and/or are otherwise clearly biased.
• Editorials and Op/Ed pieces.

Infowars? Seriously?

Sorry, I don't talk to telemarketers.

**Hangs up the phone**:mrgreen:

Wonder if anyone got the point of this....

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…