• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hope Hicks, one of Trump's closest advisers, tests positive for coronavirus, president to quarantine

Atomic Kid

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

Hope Hicks, one of President Donald Trump's closest advisers, has tested positive for the coronavirus, ABC News has confirmed.

Hicks, who serves as counselor to the president and is among a tight group of advisers to the president, tested positive this week after traveling with the president on Tuesday to and from the first presidential debate on Air Force One. The president tweeted late Thursday he would go into quarantine, though it's unclear how that will affect his upcoming schedule. The White House declined to comment late Thursday.

"The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results," he wrote. "In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!"

Hicks was also on Marine One, the president's helicopter, when it left the White House to fly to Joint Base Andrews on Wednesday. She was seen walking to the helicopter with fellow top presidential advisers, such as Stephen Miller, Dan Scavino and Jared Kushner. None of them were wearing masks.

"The President takes the health and safety of himself and everyone who works in support of him and the American people very seriously," White House spokesperson Judd Deere told ABC News Thursday night. "White House Operations collaborates with the Physician to the President and the White House Military Office to ensure all plans and procedures incorporate current CDC guidance and best practices for limiting COVID-19 exposure to the greatest extent possible both on complex and when the President is traveling."

Sources told ABC News that Hicks is experiencing symptoms and that she tested positive on Wednesday.

Having to quarantine would certainly put a crimp on the Trump's immediate future planned campaign appearances. However it remains to be seen once he sees the post debate polls if he will adhere to CDC guidelines to quarantine after coming into close contact with a person who has tested positive. My 'guess' is that isn't a chance in the world of him complying with the CDC guidelines.

Having to quarantine would certainly put a crimp on the Trump's immediate future planned campaign appearances. However it remains to be seen once he sees the post debate polls if he will adhere to CDC guidelines to quarantine after coming into close contact with a person who has tested positive. My 'guess' is that isn't a chance in the world of him complying with the CDC guidelines.

I just posted this about 20 minutes prior, you didn't see my OP?

I just posted this about 20 minutes prior, you didn't see my OP?

No I didn't. This is my first thread post under the new format. So it took me longer than usual to get it put together.

Holy crap! Just heard MSNBC announce that both President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump have tested positive for the Corona Virus. This changes everything with a the election just a month away.

Update. President Trump and his wife both tested positive.

Back
Top Bottom