• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Clinton APPROVED sharing debunked 'covert' communications between Trump and Kremlin-backed bank with press - even though she wasn't 'totally c

Trump considered it material enough to fire him.

So there is that.

Trump Pardons Michael Flynn, Ending Case His Justice Dept. Sought to Shut Down

The president’s former national security adviser twice pleaded guilty to lying to investigators about his conversations with Russia’s ambassador.

First Trump fires Flynn for his lies then pardons him despite his lies.

Ah but I have been informed this is all immaterial!

;)(y)

First Trump fires Flynn for his lies then pardons him despite his lies.

Ah but I have been informed this is all immaterial!

;)(y)
I get your sarcasm, and we agree on Flynn’s character. My point is simply that Flynn’s lie may have been less material, if at all, because the agents he lied to literally had the truth in their hand as he said it. There was no risk of them proceeding based on his lie. Whereas with Sussman that risk did exist and in fact Baker said he may not have even met with him if he had known the truth.

I get your sarcasm, and we agree on Flynn’s character. My point is simply that Flynn’s lie may have been less material, if at all, because the agents he lied to literally had the truth in their hand as he said it. There was no risk of them proceeding based on his lie. Whereas with Sussman that risk did exist and in fact Baker said he may not have even met with him if he had known the truth.
That does not reduce or eliminate whether Flynn's lies were material.

That does not reduce or eliminate whether Flynn's lies were material.
Actually, you are correct. Apparently precedent exists to allow the material aspect to apply even in a theoretical manner. I stand corrected.

“Law enforcement officials”
“F.B.I. and intelligence officials”
“one official”
“the officials”
“A senior intelligence official”
“a second senior official”

He is confusing news media reports and discussions in places like this with the DOJ giving regular updates as to the progress of the investigation.

Last edited:
“Law enforcement officials”
“F.B.I. and intelligence officials”
“one official”
“the officials”
“A senior intelligence official”
“a second senior official”
What were their names?

Another POS moronic right wing projection thread. You can't distract from the fact Trump and his criminals ran around the White House for 4 years and its all coming out

What were their names?
I firmly stand by my position that you were 100% wrong to say the Trump investigation was not known until after the election. Public reporting shows you are wrong. The size of the hole you’ve dug is impressive but I think you’ve derailed the thread enough. Moving on.

I firmly stand by my position that you were 100% wrong to say the Trump investigation was not known until after the election. Public reporting shows you are wrong. The size of the hole you’ve dug is impressive but I think you’ve derailed the thread enough. Moving on.
Read the thread from the beginning. You’re not prepared for this discussion.

Read the thread from the beginning. You’re not prepared for this discussion.
Yea yea we all know your qualifier about official public disclosures. But that’s not the question I asked you and you know it. You were wrong.

Yea yea we all know your qualifier about official public disclosures. But that’s not the question I asked you and you know it. You were wrong.
If you know my qualifier, then why pretend that you didn't know it?

None of that is at all pertinent to Sussman's trial. The only thing that is pertinent is did Sussman knowingly and intentionally lie to the FBI?
The evidence of that is thin.
It may prove thick enough for a conviction, but what Durham has to prove that is thin.
Good thing I am not a Hillary sycophant.
That I can see the thinness of Durham's evidence against Sussman doesn't require such Hillary sycophancy.
Not sure how you can say it's thin. Sussman billed her for all his work with the tech company. Billed her for his prep for the meeting with Baker. Billed her for the meeting. Baker's notes from the meeting explicitly say that Sussman told him he wasn't representing any client. Baker testified that Sussman told him he wasn't representing any client. Baker testified that he would have never taken the meeting if he had known SUssman was representing CLinton.

If you know my qualifier, then why pretend that you didn't know it?
Well let’s see if you can answer this one again. I’ll add more information to assist.

In the summer of 2016 the FBI began investigating the Trump campaign over alleged connections to Russia to influence the election. Was this investigation known to the public prior to Election Day 2016?

Well let’s see if you can answer this one again. I’ll add more information to assist.

In the summer of 2016 the FBI began investigating the Trump campaign over alleged connections to Russia to influence the election. Was this investigation known to the public prior to Election Day 2016?
They weren't aware of the investigation per any official statements by the DOJ.

Hahaha ok Cardinal. We’re done here.
So you keep saying, and you keep coming back because you think you have an "aha gotcha" question that can make me forget the arguments I've made in this thread since the beginning.

Did she? How are those being dishonest characterisation? It appears that Durham is clutching at straws.
LOL the evasion and dishonesty is so apparent. If you want to take over for Cardinal, answer the question at least.

Who did the nytimes talk to?
Oh, lets play. Were they wrong? Do you think their source was Fusion GPS, the Clinton campaign, or the FBI? Because it could be any of the three.

Do you think a political campaign should be trying to manipulate the FBI with fake information?

Oh, lets play. Were they wrong? Do you think their source was Fusion GPS, the Clinton campaign, or the FBI? Because it could be any of the three.

Do you think a political campaign should be trying to manipulate the FBI with fake information?
It would be entertaining to try to figure out the sources.

Not sure how you can say it's thin. Sussman billed her for all his work with the tech company. Billed her for his prep for the meeting with Baker. Billed her for the meeting. Baker's notes from the meeting explicitly say that Sussman told him he wasn't representing any client. Baker testified that Sussman told him he wasn't representing any client. Baker testified that he would have never taken the meeting if he had known SUssman was representing CLinton.

Link?

Back
Top Bottom