• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hilarious editorial: "White America has Lost its Mind"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it doesn't end at slavery, they've only had equal voting rights for a couple decades now.

Oh, of course not. I'm not saying they're not justified in blaming us for their problems. I'm just saying they're never going to solve those problems until they stop blaming us. And I have absolutely no pity for them in the meantime. The ones that are worth a damn aren't in prison or on welfare; they've already climbed their way out of the gutters. The rest of them can take as long as they need to figure that out, because there's nothing anyone else can do about it and it's really not my problem.

Oh, of course not. I'm not saying they're not justified in blaming us for their problems.

well...I am. they are not justified in blaming "us" for jack squat. Don't know about you, but none of my white ancestors ever owned a slave and my non-white ancestors were treated worse than the slaves. My family has been dirt poor white folks for generations. too busy trying to scratch out a living to oppress the negro and keep him from voting.

blacks blaming "white people" for their problems is like white people calling all blacks murders and paedophiles because of OJ and MJ

well...I am. they are not justified in blaming "us" for jack squat. Don't know about you, but none of my white ancestors ever owned a slave and my non-white ancestors were treated worse than the slaves. My family has been dirt poor white folks for generations. too busy trying to scratch out a living to oppress the negro and keep him from voting.

I am an American, thus I am America. Her history is my history, and I bear my share of the responsibility for the actions of my ancestors and my forebears. I'm not specifically a white American, but that does not matter. I owned and traded slaves. I segregated the schools and the buses and the drinking fountains. I rode with the KKK. I performed the Tuskegee experiments. I turned the firehoses and the dogs on Martin Luther King Jr. I'm rap music and Al Sharpton and BET. America is my country and my people and I am responsible for her. Just because I wasn't yet born when these things were occurring, does not mean that I am not a part of the America that did these things.

Black Americans are my people, too. I want to do right by them, and I want my country to do right by them, but that can't happen until they embrace the fact that they are America, too-- that our history is their history too, and that they are as responsible for their America as we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom