• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here's one way to convince anti-vaxxers to get the shot

seymourflops

Keep Calm and Rebuy!
Banned
Supporting Member
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Since we are being pushed so hard to vaccinate, there must be enough vaccines in the U.S. for the unlikely event that all the unvaccinated suddenly decide to get the shot right away. But we are wasting a lot of time and effort convincing people who refuse to be convinced.

So, just announce that we won't let all these vaccines go to waste because Americans don't want them. We are going to ship them to other countries, starting with the ones from which we fear new variants will come.

Put a deadline on it. Announce that, after September 30th, all unused vaccines will be impounded and given to the U.N for redistribution.

That won't convince many people, but there will be a non-zero percent who will say, "Wuuuht? They gonna give my vaccine to some ferrners? Bullstuff they are! Ahm a gettin' mahn tomorrow, I don't care if it bowling naht!"

Then make sure the U.N. really does send the vaccines where new variants are likely. Oh, but keep enough to vaccinate border crossers as they come in. They are coming for jobs Americans don't want to do, let them take vaccines Americans don't want to take.

That's a win-win with no downside!

NOEL KING, HOST:

South Africa's government is trying to stop the spread of the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin. It's usually used to fight worms and other parasites in animals. But some people are using it as a COVID-19 treatment. It's being sold out of the backs of cars, at pharmacies and in doctor's offices. Here's NPR's Eyder Peralta.

EYDER PERALTA, BYLINE: When I walk into Dr. EV Rapiti's practice, the waiting room is full of COVID patients. Dr. Rapiti, a general practitioner, has made a name for himself making videos on Facebook touting his COVID treatment. He walks me past the waiting room, into the offices, where I see empty boxes labeled ivermectin, which is used to kill parasites, not viruses. But Rapiti says he is treating dozens of patients a day with it. Some are moribund with oxygen levels in the 70s.

EV RAPITI: My policy is not to send them to these hospitals because they are afraid of these hospitals and, B, not many of them come back.

PERALTA: He walks me into an exam room and leaves me with Mohammed Noor, one of his patients. He had COVID for months. And he had tried everything, including ivermectin, which he got in veterinary form from his cousins who own horses.

MOHAMMED NOOR: I know that this was for the animals, the horses. When I come here, the doctor asked me, did I use that stuff already? And I said to him, yes, a little. But then doc give me again.

PERALTA: Rapiti gave him more ivermectin. Noor got better. He got off oxygen. He started walking again - a miracle, he says.

Have them watch this documentary about Ivermectin in South Africa used for COVID19 treatment.

Just resign yourself to the fact that we’re watching natural selection in action.

Since we are being pushed so hard to vaccinate, there must be enough vaccines in the U.S. for the unlikely event that all the unvaccinated suddenly decide to get the shot right away. But we are wasting a lot of time and effort convincing people who refuse to be convinced.

So, just announce that we won't let all these vaccines go to waste because Americans don't want them. We are going to ship them to other countries, starting with the ones from which we fear new variants will come.

Put a deadline on it. Announce that, after September 30th, all unused vaccines will be impounded and given to the U.N for redistribution.

That won't convince many people, but there will be a non-zero percent who will say, "Wuuuht? They gonna give my vaccine to some ferrners? Bullstuff they are! Ahm a gettin' mahn tomorrow, I don't care if it bowling naht!"

Then make sure the U.N. really does send the vaccines where new variants are likely. Oh, but keep enough to vaccinate border crossers as they come in. They are coming for jobs Americans don't want to do, let them take vaccines Americans don't want to take.

The number of people who will be convinced by this will be exactly zero.

Even people who unironically hate "foreigners" aren't going to get vaxxed to spite them.

This is fine but first, make vaccinations mandatory like they are in NYC.
Then the deplorables will quickly catch on that they need the vaccine to be part of sociaty.

I think that this explains it even better

WHEN SAY YES.JPG

Back
Top Bottom