• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here is your Orwellian CDC and you trust them on Covid??

Nah, you would never recognize it or at least you would deny it.
I'll give it my best try. I have seen truth from other far left-wingers here on rare occasions and perhaps you can muster up the courage?

I hear that Putin is a germophobe who takes precautions to avoid COVID. Someone should tell that to election interference professionals. Perhaps that will change their incorrect opinions.

This does not include their involvement with studying guns and gun ownership.

You would think the CDC would be busy studying the facts that masks are worthless and that having caught Covid already makes you more immune than the shot. But, they need to fulfill the book 1984 instead where criminals are not be called that anymore and instead "People in pretrial or with a charge". I'll let the readers see for themselves just how crazy the CDC has become and we are supposed to take advice from these Marxists???
Technically, in our system, one can't be called a criminal until they are convicted because they are considered innocent until.proven guilty.

Read the Constitution sometime. It's in there.

Technically, in our system, one can't be called a criminal until they are convicted because they are considered innocent until.proven guilty.

Read the Constitution sometime. It's in there.
Can someone be called a criminal if they are in jail because they were convicted?Or shall we call a criminal "A temporarily confined individual in the judicial system"?

I posted the links and this OP for that very reason. The CDC Director is about weakness. Gun violence and how and why people kill each other with guns has NOTHING at all to do with disease. Nor does the Orwellian attempt to change the language that people use to identify criminals, crooks, thieves, drug addicts, homeless people, illegal aliens have anything at all to do with DISEASE which is what their agency is supposed to study.

That they are doing this shows that they are a power hungry agency just seizing power they do not have and no one stops them. It took having to go to the Supreme court TWICE to stop them from confiscating the property of landlords across America by virtue of them telling tenants not to pay rent.

Can ANYONE here tell me this isn't an Orwellian country now? This is as ridiculous as it is dangerous and someone needs to slap this lady down hard. Little wonder they demand we wear masks and want everyone vaccianted. they are totalitarian fools.
So, instead of endlessly whining about how awful your country is, you could be packing your bags and re-locating somewhere else. And by the way, you never read a word of Orwell in your life. I recommend, 'Down and out in Paris and London'.

So, instead of endlessly whining about how awful your country is, you could be packing your bags and re-locating somewhere else. And by the way, you never read a word of Orwell in your life. I recommend, 'Down and out in Paris and London'.
WTF would I care about Paris?

PS. What is it with you that you have to claim I have not read certain books? Kinda weird

Can someone be called a criminal if they are in jail because they were convicted?Or shall we call a criminal "A temporarily confined individual in the judicial system"?
Don't run past the point. It's a fallacy called "failure to draw the line"

Don't run past the point. It's a fallacy called "failure to draw the line"
The CDC is now a ridiculous POLITICAL agency forcing its way into areas that have nothing to do with disease. Best thing to do is to ignore their attempts at Marxism and laugh and scoff at their idiotic Orwellianism.

Spoken like a true erudite.
Thanks. You finally found some truth. That's a good first step.

Erudite

Having or showing great knowledge or learning.
synonym: learned.

• Instructed; taught; learned; deeply read.

• Characterized by erudition.

Thanks. You finally found some truth. That's a good first step.

Erudite

Having or showing great knowledge or learning.
synonym: learned.

• Instructed; taught; learned; deeply read.

• Characterized by erudition.
Yea, self praise and other good sign...

Yea, self praise and other good sign...
If you're great and know it, why should I hide it or deny it, or have feigned self-depreciation? I'll leave the fakery to others like Biden, Harris, Pelosi, etc., etc.

Thanks for the acknowledgment though.

The CDC is now a ridiculous POLITICAL agency forcing its way into areas that have nothing to do with disease. Best thing to do is to ignore their attempts at Marxism and laugh and scoff at their idiotic Orwellianism.

Sometimes, when someone replies to a post, they don't reply to your post, they return to their script.

This is one of those times.

WTF would I care about Paris?

PS. What is it with you that you have to claim I have not read certain books? Kinda weird
Simply this; you picked up on a word, 'Orwellian', with absolutely no idea what it refers to. So, which of George Orwell's 14+ books have you read; and could you give us a brief precis of your favourite?

Simply this; you picked up on a word, 'Orwellian', with absolutely no idea what it refers to. So, which of George Orwell's 14+ books have you read; and could you give us a brief precis of your favourite?

Not sure why my use of the term 1984 upsets you so. The term Orwellian is mainly derived from the system of government depicted in Nineteen Eighty-Four.

That term can refer to any form of government oppression, as we are witnessing today all across the world with the demand for masks and vaccinations BY any government, no matter if that is here in America or some third world country that the readers here live in, and don't realize it is "third world" because it's all they know and love. However, the term Orwellian is especially used to refer to euphemistic and misleading language originating from government bodies with a political purpose. For example, our very own CDC, who are in the business of controlling diseases (and doing a crappy job) imagining that they are somehow rulers of the world, and simply appointing themselves as language police.
Calling someone a direct label such as “prisoner,” “criminal,” or “inmate” is to be changed to using softer, descriptive words such as “people/persons who are incarcerated or detained.” Under this principle, the CDC says anyone who is “disabled” should be referred to as “people with disabilities/a disability,” “drug addicts” should be referred to as “persons with substance use disorder,” and the “uninsured” and “hard-to-reach populations” should be referred to as “people who are medically underserved.”

This is how it starts. This is how society declines. This is what Orwell envisioned where words didn't really mean what they mean and 2 = 2 COULD equal 5. We are there today with many idiots on the left saying masks "work" and when you try to pin them down on what "work" means, we'll...it men's what they say it means. "Works" COULD mean it stops one person out of ten thousand from getting infected. When words are meaningless, life is meaningless. People can't be trusted because they are using language to control others and confuse them. We don't call a girl a girl but need to ask her first how she identifies. We don't say something is useless if it saves one life out of a million. We say it "works" because that is what Big Government insists we say and the sheep just go along with it because they must.

PS. I hope this helps.

Not sure why my use of the term 1984 upsets you so. The term Orwellian is mainly derived from the system of government depicted in Nineteen Eighty-Four.

That term can refer to any form of government oppression, as we are witnessing today all across the world with the demand for masks and vaccinations BY any government, no matter if that is here in America or some third world country that the readers here live in, and don't realize it is "third world" because it's all they know and love. However, the term Orwellian is especially used to refer to euphemistic and misleading language originating from government bodies with a political purpose. For example, our very own CDC, who are in the business of controlling diseases (and doing a crappy job) imagining that they are somehow rulers of the world, and simply appointing themselves as language police.
Calling someone a direct label such as “prisoner,” “criminal,” or “inmate” is to be changed to using softer, descriptive words such as “people/persons who are incarcerated or detained.” Under this principle, the CDC says anyone who is “disabled” should be referred to as “people with disabilities/a disability,” “drug addicts” should be referred to as “persons with substance use disorder,” and the “uninsured” and “hard-to-reach populations” should be referred to as “people who are medically underserved.”

This is how it starts. This is how society declines. This is what Orwell envisioned where words didn't really mean what they mean and 2 = 2 COULD equal 5. We are there today with many idiots on the left saying masks "work" and when you try to pin them down on what "work" means, we'll...it men's what they say it means. "Works" COULD mean it stops one person out of ten thousand from getting infected. When words are meaningless, life is meaningless. People can't be trusted because they are using language to control others and confuse them. We don't call a girl a girl but need to ask her first how she identifies. We don't say something is useless if it saves one life out of a million. We say it "works" because that is what Big Government insists we say and the sheep just go along with it because they must.

PS. I hope this helps.
Your posts never fail to impress with how inane and utterly pointless they are. So many words to say nothing.

Your posts never fail to impress with how inane and utterly pointless they are. So many words to say nothing.
To a leftist, no amount of logic and proof will convince them they are wrong.

You are a total lost case, Para. Talk about being selective on your facts. You are the antithesis to facts.

Here is a breakdown of average daily COVID-19 deaths and COVID-19 deaths per 100,000 people over the last seven days in all 50 U.S. states and Washington, D.C. The data was last updated Aug. 30.

Note: States are ranked by deaths per 100,000. The list includes ties. These are the top 3.

Mississippi
Deaths per 100,000: 1.38
Daily average deaths: 41.1

Louisiana
Deaths per 100,000: 1.36
Daily average deaths: 63.

Florida
Deaths per 100,000: 1.15
Daily average deaths: 246.7

Here are more facts

DeSantis rule banning some local mask mandates overturned by Florida court

Judge says the ban violates parent's bill of rights

View attachment 67350776

Oh yeah, DeSantis really has control of the virus.
Para has been the utmost worst on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom