• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Here are the 9 Republicans who voted against a bill to help poor families buy baby formula amid the ongoing shortage

What I don't understand is why so many folks in the south vote republican since they are some of the poorest states in america?

I know it makes you feel better to ad hominem those you do not agree with but there are northern red states.

I know you like your government to care about you. The difference here is internal validation versus external validation. Do you validate yourself or do you look to a government to tell you that you are truly special? Republicans validate from within. If you need a government to validate you, then you are opening up the door to being manipulated with a smile.

So you think Florida full of Northern transplants that ruined their home states took their pensions (that northern folks left behind are still paying for) a representative of the south?

I lived in the Upstate of South Carolina, mountains of north Carolina and Tennessee good manufacturing jobs low rent and cost of living

You can afford bass boats, atvs, big pick up trucks when the bulk of your salary doesn't go to high taxes and rent
You lived....as in past tense. Have you checked out how much rent is in Spartanburg, Greenville or Rock Hill lately? The Piedmont isn't cheap anymore. Also, no where in South Carolina can you live like a king on $15 an hour. You might make rent in a very small town, but you also likely won't find pay at $15 an hour.

Once again liberals destroy there home states and city's and then destroy a new state and city,when have Republicans ever did that?
See Mississippi, arkansas, kentucky, west virginia for starters.

I know it makes you feel better to ad hominem those you do not agree with but there are northern red states.

I know you like your government to care about you. The difference here is internal validation versus external validation. Do you validate yourself or do you look to a government to tell you that you are truly special? Republicans validate from within. If you need a government to validate you, then you are opening up the door to being manipulated with a smile.
Dude, I'm working on my retirement, what are you working on? My validation arrives every month in my checking account and unless the gop manages to kill social security and medicare, I'm golden, how about you?

We all watched january the sixth unfold, I do not call that validating from within.

As far as I can remember the gop has sold fear as the biggest part of their policies to their base. They don't have good ideas to govern, they only have ideas of how to undo whatever gains the dems have made. They need walls to keep people out, guns to protect themselves from the ones like themselves that are here and a national religion for all regardless of your personal beliefs so their god can protect them from the dreaded libs. They have been fed a steady diet of demonizing since nixon and agnew, reagan doubled down on mistrust and trump brought it to new heights. Their hatred from all the lies over decades from their leadership has warped their ability to think.
And all in the name of winning power. There is nothing else they are after.

Back
Top Bottom