• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hentoff: Obama Tramples Civil Liberties

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
The FBI, with no objection from President Obama, can conduct a "threat assessment" -- an investigation -- on any of us without a judicial warrant or any articulable suspicion of criminal activity. During J. Edgar Hoover's time, there was much public protest and reporting on his erasing of our Fourth Amendment's "right of the people to be secure . . . against unreasonable searches and seizures."

Because of my reporting on Hoover's shelving of the Constitution, two FBI agents knocked on my door. Since they did not have a subpoena, I told them they would have to first see my lawyers at the ACLU, at the time a few blocks up the street from where I lived. They left and I never heard from them again, but later found I had an FBI file consisting mainly of newspaper clips of my reporting.

It should be crystal clear by now that those who actually value liberty, not just bull**** in order to get elected that Obama is a statist just like the rest of them. Like the statists before him civil liberties are compromised in the name of security and those who oppose are commu-islamo-nazi-illegal-affirmative-action-traitors. Neocons and Obama have alot more in common than alot of people realize.

Hentoff: Obama Tramples Civil Liberties | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Back
Top Bottom