• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Help Kickstart WWIII [W:37]

Then why did you argue with my post saying that the tea partiers would vote GOP no matter what they do? I mean, you know it's true, so why argue it?

Because the T.E.A. Party understands as I do that liberalism is an economic disaster. The Taxed Enough Already party isn't that different from the Original TEA Party. Too bad far too many don't understand history. The T.E.A. Party has the right idea and right focus and is building from the ground up, not the top down.

Because the T.E.A. Party understands as I do that liberalism is an economic disaster. The Taxed Enough Already party isn't that different from the Original TEA Party. Too bad far too many don't understand history. The T.E.A. Party has the right idea and right focus and is building from the ground up, not the top down.

But they think they're going to vote outside of the GOP next election if the GOP doesn't start doing what the tea partiers want. That's not what'll happen, but it's what they currently think they'll do next election. It won't be until right before the election that they start getting flooded with propaganda about the Dem candidate that they're change their mind and vote GOP, even though they despise the GOP. I'm just giving them forewarning that they'll do as they're told and vote GOP when the time comes.

But they think they're going to vote outside of the GOP next election if the GOP doesn't start doing what the tea partiers want. That's not what'll happen, but it's what they currently think they'll do next election. It won't be until right before the election that they start getting flooded with propaganda about the Dem candidate that they're change their mind and vote GOP, even though they despise the GOP. I'm just giving them forewarning that they'll do as they're told and vote GOP when the time comes.

Propaganda about the Democrat candidates? LOL, results speak volumes about the Democrat candidates. The problem is the takers in this country are motivated voters whereas the givers for some reason aren't. The T.E.A. party represents the givers or the taxpayers. No one is told how to vote and as the past elections have shown the T.E.A. Party did great in the 2010 midterms and at the state and local levels. They didn't do well on the national stage except in a few areas but will again rise to the occasion in the Midterms of 2014.

They didn't do well on the national stage except in a few areas but will again rise to the occasion in the Midterms of 2014.

Now be careful here with your "predictions".

You have been wrong before.

This time next year President Romney

Better get used to President Romney and VP Ryan

in November the electorate is going to elect an experienced person in Romney

What you don't seem to understand is President Romney

Isn't fun watching the next President of the United States, Mitt Romney?

It is going to be a long, disappointing night for you on November 6

Now be careful here with your "predictions".

You have been wrong before.

Yes, I have been wrong many times and when I am wrong I admit it. When will you and the other Obamabots admit that Obama has made a fool out of you? When will you and others recognize actual results and stop buying the rhetoric.

They won't defund Obamacare. A handful of them who are up for election in unsafe seats will be allowed to vote for defunding, only so long as it's not actually passed. Then the Tea Partiers, by and large, will vote for whatever stuffed shirt the GOP throws at them, because the Democratic candidate will be zxOMG the most liberal candidate EVAR!!!
I don't think so. There is significant frustration with establishment Republicans. We voted in enough people to defund Obamacare and they have failed to do so. Some of them are turncoats.

I see two fights. The first is the Article V fight in each of the state legislatures. The second is the defeat of Boehner and Cantor even if it means replacing them with Democrats.

I don't think so. There is significant frustration with establishment Republicans. We voted in enough people to defund Obamacare and they have failed to do so. Some of them are turncoats.

I think some of them were just regular Republicans who rode the tea party wave just to get into office. In any event, if the faction who will actually vote out Republicans they don't like (your faction) is larger than the faction who will vote for Republicans just to keep democrats out ("conservative"'s faction), then you can actually effect change in the GOP. At least in the short run. Politicians seem to forget lessons learnt shortly after learning them. The defection of the Nader faction in 2000 helped school the DNC, but only briefly. They're back to their old tricks again. I think it's time for liberals to vote against the Democrats again. Just have to see if they actually do it (or if they give into fear mongering about the Rep candidate.)

I think some of them were just regular Republicans who rode the tea party wave just to get into office. In any event, if the faction who will actually vote out Republicans they don't like (your faction) is larger than the faction who will vote for Republicans just to keep democrats out ("conservative"'s faction), then you can actually effect change in the GOP. At least in the short run. Politicians seem to forget lessons learnt shortly after learning them. The defection of the Nader faction in 2000 helped school the DNC, but only briefly. They're back to their old tricks again. I think it's time for liberals to vote against the Democrats again. Just have to see if they actually do it (or if they give into fear mongering about the Rep candidate.)
We have a few options. One is voting for someone better in the primaries thus defeating them and replacing them with another of the same party. Second is assisting the other party win in order to remove a particular bad actor. I place the defeat of Boehner and also Cantor in that camp.

The most important battle will not take place at the Federal level. We must use the Constitution's Articcle V to amend the Constitution to eliminate the worst errors the Framers did not foresee.

We must use the Constitution's Articcle V to amend the Constitution to eliminate the worst errors the Framers did not foresee.

If that happens, the people who write the new Constitution (effectively) will be the worst people imaginable, and the results will be nothing that was expected. They'll ultimately give themselves far more power, not less. It should always be harder, not easier, for these criminals in Washington to make changes to our Constitution.

Edit: That's my opinion. You may disagree.

If that happens, the people who write the new Constitution (effectively) will be the worst people imaginable, and the results will be nothing that was expected. They'll ultimately give themselves far more power, not less. It should always be harder, not easier, for these criminals in Washington to make changes to our Constitution.

Edit: That's my opinion. You may disagree.
LOL. Thank you for allowing me to disagree.

A convention for proposing amendments must be called by the Congress once 2/3rds of the states request it. The criminals in Washington have no further say in the matter. Each state gets one vote. Each state legislature selects its delegates and gives them instructions. A state's legislature can recall its delegate(s) if it sees a need to do so and replace its delegates as necessary.

Once the convention is concluded then the agreed to amendments are sent to the states where they become Constitutional Amendments only after 3/4ths of the states ratify them.

This is a fight we must win if the nation is to survive.

If this fight is lost then we become slaves to the authoritarian state or we move to an armed rebellion.

LOL. Thank you for allowing me to disagree.

Let me rephrase that as, "It well may be that you disagree". Simply acknowledging that it's merely an opinion of what would happen.

Neither party has, or will soon have, 2/3 of state legislatures, so neither party could use this to call for a convention to benefit their own party. If it doesn't benefit their own party, they won't do it unless it generally maximizes federal power -- something that both parties agree on. If this happens, it will be to ram through amendments that will just further increase the power of the Federal Government. If it doesn't, then you won't be able to get both parties to agree to it.

Let me rephrase that as, "It well may be that you disagree". Simply acknowledging that it's merely an opinion of what would happen.

Neither party has, or will soon have, 2/3 of state legislatures, so neither party could use this to call for a convention to benefit their own party. If it doesn't benefit their own party, they won't do it unless it generally maximizes federal power -- something that both parties agree on. If this happens, it will be to ram through amendments that will just further increase the power of the Federal Government. If it doesn't, then you won't be able to get both parties to agree to it.
I predict that you will come aboard after most of the hard work is done.

I predict that you will come aboard after most of the hard work is done.

If it happens, the results will be catastrophic. You have to remember who will be writing the new Constitution. It won't be Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. It will be the corrupt gangsters who run our government, currently. They won't make any good changes. These are the same people who gave us the Patriot Acts, and you want them to write a new Constitution.

If it happens, the results will be catastrophic. You have to remember who will be writing the new Constitution. It won't be Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. It will be the corrupt gangsters who run our government, currently. They won't make any good changes. These are the same people who gave us the Patriot Acts, and you want them to write a new Constitution.
Article V lays out the means for the people to regain control when the government becomes despotic as ours has.

You are a nay-sayer. That is a good thing. You will have to be convinced.

We can make this happen and we can regain control. Or we can move past this option right to a revolution. I prefer to use the tools the Constitution itself provides.

We can have more discussions on this. I have a full day scheduled already.

Back
Top Bottom