• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hell just froze over and pigs a flying.

Continuing to spread lies about what I have said about 1/6 may not be the best way to engage in meaningful conversation but it does serve well to distract from the topic of the thread. I mean, when all else fails, get personal, right?
1629141053280.jpeg

There is no good way to end this 20 debacle.
Retired Gen. Wesley Clark, former supreme allied commander of NATO, attributed the current dire situation in Afghanistan to "20 years of American misjudgments, of poor prioritizations and failed policies."

"For the Biden administration I think they reached the end of the road. It was clear that they weren't going to be able to create or help create an Afghanistan government that supported its people. And without that government support, its military did not have the support of the people. And this is the consequence of it. It's painful. It's tragic," Clark told CNN's Jim Acosta.

20 years of American misjudgments

Probably. Lots of people just want their political ideology to be validated. I might note, however, that the document you post cites certain contingencies upon which the withdrawal of troops will be made. Biden didn't follow those guidelines or hold off withdrawal until those contingent steps were met. He abandoned Bagram Air Base in the dead of night without even telling the Afghans thus sending a loud and clear message to the ANA and the Afghan government that they were on their own. The "deal" didn't matter because the US didn't care enough to bother enforcing it, was the message that Biden sent. Now we see the results.
Lutherf, you didn't actually expect ataraxia to read what was said do you? That so detracts from the message he want to convey-yet fails every time.

Both CNN and MSNBC are actually ripping Biden a new one concerning his dumbass moves in Afghanistan. Doesn't matter though as he will continue to get all the support he needs right here.
I've been listening to NBC for the last hour or two. What I am constantly hearing from everyone being interviewed is we should have waited longer before we left. We've been waiting longer for many, many years. The results would have been the same. The Afghan people are not interested in fighting for themselves.

How are there any winners in a situation like that? The US military has been in plenty of other situations worse than this one. It is very unfortunate what is and will happen to the average Afghan citizen. The US can no longer be responsible for all that. When it's time to go, it's time to go. There will be casualties as in every other war on earth. The best we can do now now is see to it those casualties are minimized.

I am very confident that's exactly what Biden and his pentagon leaders are doing as we speak.

I will grant that many of the boot soldiers of the Afghani Army simply got the short end of the payola stick as the officer class and corrupt government officials took a big haul off the top before the money got anywhere else. The Afghanis themselves know that their officers and the government officials let them down. But was not their own country worth fighting for? Was that not enough?

Where would we be today if the Continental Army just disintegrated into thin air when not paid or fed which was more often than not the case. The difference is that the Continental Army had George Washington to hold them together. I don't see any George Washington's in Afghanistan.

I've been listening to NBC for the last hour or two. What I am constantly hearing from everyone being interviewed is we should have waited longer before we left. We've been waiting longer for many, many years. The results would have been the same. The Afghan people are not interested in fighting for themselves.

How are there any winners in a situation like that? The US military has been in plenty of other situations worse than this one. It is very unfortunate what is and will happen to the average Afghan citizen. The US can no longer be responsible for all that. When it's time to go, it's time to go. There will be casualties as in every other war on earth. The best we can do now now is see to it those casualties are minimized.

I am very confident that's exactly what Biden and his pentagon leaders are doing as we speak.
Whjat they are doing now is trying to fix what they screwed up.

Back
Top Bottom