• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Healthcare battle 'isn't about me': Obama

celticlord

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Healthcare battle 'isn't about me': Obama

President Barack Obama on Monday shot back at Republicans who have suggested they can win political ground by opposing his healthcare reform proposals.

"This isn't about me. This isn't about politics. This is about a health care system that is breaking America's families, breaking America's businesses, and breaking America's economy," Obama said on a visit to a Washington hospital.

Actually, Dear Leader, it is about you. It is about you and it is about your shoddy and sickening efforts to break families, break businesses, break America. It is about making double damn sure it is you who get broken in this, and not America.

/subscribe.

No, it's not about him Celtic. We all know you want it to be this ominous conspiracy, but it's not. He is doing the right thing and getting health care for all. The Republicans, on the other hand, are doing exactly the opposite of what needs to be done. I hope the Democrats get some balls and finally just pass them by...

The Republicans have no problem bringing war and death to all, but have a problem bringing Health care to all. Go figure.

Yeah it's not about him.

He had no intentions of having the Government running the banks, the auto industry and now healthcare. The situation he inherited left him with no other choice.

The Republicans have no problem bringing war and death to all, but have a problem bringing Health care to all. Go figure.

Not to get too off-topic, but this is a perfect example of liberal lack of understanding.

Conservatives can see that liberals are well-meaning, if misguided. But the liberal vision is a fantasy world where war is avoidable and the government can cure every injustice. To not live in this fantasy world, to a liberal, is evil and depraved, because it involves allowing things like war and irresponsible behavior.

But that's reality. Go figure.

Not to get too off-topic, but this is a perfect example of liberal lack of understanding.

Conservatives can see that liberals are well-meaning, if misguided. But the liberal vision is a fantasy world where war is avoidable and the government can cure every injustice. To not live in this fantasy world, to a liberal, is evil and depraved, because it involves allowing things like war and irresponsible behavior.

And the right caracatures the left with simplistic anecdotes that stereotype (a virtue of the right) and overlook the complexity of many liberal positions. It is the right who seem to want a black and white world. I know many conservatives that are quite intelligent and make good points but I rarely meet them on forums. For the most part, the ones on forums make comments like yours that simply are wrong.

Yeah it's not about him.

He had no intentions of having the Government running the banks, the auto industry and now healthcare. The situation he inherited left him with no other choice.

Tell me, how is the Government running the banks? How is the Government running the auto industry? Being a shareholder does not make one the "runner" of said company or conglomerate. Furthermore, the government has been more than willing to get out when it was time and the banks gave their money back. How is that control? Please, tell me. The flippant ignorance of the right astonishes at every turn.

There is one problem with you equation. The Iraq war was completely 110% avoidable, and that will cost us low estimate $3-5 trillion. Now if we take the worst case so far for health care to be $1.5trillion for 10 years, then you could easily see his point. Now factor in the one aspect I have been screaming about all over here, we currently are already paying $163 billion to treat the uninsured now, yet it would cost utmost $150 billion to provide coverage. So with that in mind, do you really want to say it is a "liberal fantasy world", considering we just got out of a "conservative fantasy world" where everything was black and white, good vs. evil, and we thought we could spread democracy by destroying Iraq. Point is, in regards to health care, this is not entirely a "liberal" obsession any more, but a practical issue that concerns moderates and independents alike. We also just lived through a "conservative fantasy world" where free market rules and regulations are evil. To this I would strongly advise one to go look at Greenspan's remarks to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform last October. The de-regulation and removal of Glass-Steagall Act sure did do wonders didn't it?

Back
Top Bottom