• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has pulling out of the Iran deal been good for the region and for the USA or not?

There is no adversary of the USA - REAL adversary - that some Democrats will not side with. Iran is particularly popular for some Democrats to run to defense of for their murdering and imprisonment of LGBTs and Christians.

How about the US murdering and imprisoning innocent Muslims? Guantanamo Bay ring any bells?

Trump followed the advice of the Neo-Cons and pulled us out of the Ian deal. So has the pull out been good for the region, meaning the region is safer and less volatile? And has the deal been good for the USA in that it is keeping Iran from getting the bomb and stopping its support of terrorists in the region?

I think it's too early to tell because nothing has been resolved in regards to pulling out of the deal. I don't think many will argue it was a great deal, but the point was to postpone's Iran's race to develop a nuclear arsenal by bringing them into the fold as it were. The "starving them out" approach is equally questionable because it can easily radicalize more Iranians who would side with the US and a more western approach; as much as one may want citizens to hate their government, if a foreign power is also the cause of their misery then that is the more likely focus of their anger. I'm curious to see which approach ends up being the most viable, but the last thing I'm interested in trying is a military approach; I think that will be a mistake of epic proportions.

The agreement wasnt permanent. It sunsetted after 10 years.

Yes, and there were 10 years to talk and work on other deals. Your idiot 'president' has undone all the hard work that went into the agreement and created more tension in the region than there has been for many years. If there was a degree awarded for stupid Trump would get a Masters.

That's about as long as any military confrontation with Iran will last. Afghanistan was also supposed to be a walkover; how long has the West been fighting a losing battle there?

Ummmmmmm. Afghanistan is a free Democratic country when it wasn't before. Same with Iraq.

Nobody is pretending they're saints and this has nothing to do with LGBT rights. It is about Iran's nuclear program and in the previous treaty that was under control. Now it may not be. Thank Trump.

Not according to IAEA inspectors.

And this has what to do with the nuclear deal? And what has this to do with the problems we are now having in that region. I hope if Trump uses this as an excuse to start another war, you are first in line to enlist.
pretty sure I said sanctions, no? But yeah I would while you sit home and post on your computer

We're on the verge of War. Do you think it was a "good" move?

This is why emoluments clause exists. Trump is doing this for ISRAEL'S benefit, after they miraculously loaned Kushner MILLIONS of Israeli money. Bibi is a criminal huckster, Trump is a criminal huckster, and everyone has gone mad. This is in no way benefitting the american people, but it sure as all hell is benefitting DJT and his crime family.

Fair Observer?

Atlantic Council?

Really?

Attacking the source is not an argument. You read the article, dissect it, and you challenge/debunk the claims made and their supporting evidence.

Now, kindly, go back to square one; read the article, and debunk or challenge it point by point.

Attacking the source is not an argument. You read the article, dissect it, and you challenge/debunk the claims made and their supporting evidence.

Now, kindly, go back to square one; read the article, and debunk or challenge it point by point.

If you have to scoop that low to find a source then you don't have one.

Trump followed the advice of the Neo-Cons and pulled us out of the Ian deal. So has the pull out been good for the region, meaning the region is safer and less volatile? And has the deal been good for the USA in that it is keeping Iran from getting the bomb and stopping its support of terrorists in the region?

Neo cons want perpetual war. Killing brown people while companies make insane profits at the expense of human lives is what neo cons strive for.

The moronic right will say all their stupid one liner slogans they are spoon fed by Fox and other propagandist, but the Iran deal was good. Moderates won a majority of seats in Iran afterwords. The people were not struggling economically. THe most surefire way to increase extremism is to make people desperate. The surefire way to make Iran defiant is the make them struggle economically. Just like the iraq war caused hardship for many iraqis, anger that lead to formation of ISIS and huge recruitment tool for extremists

But right wingers are morons and scumbags, they don't have the capability to think about issues beyond one line slogans and simple minded nonsense fed to them. And they have absolutely no empathy what so ever. people like that are the reason why humanity is full of violence and injustices, throughout its entire history

There is no adversary of the USA - REAL adversary - that some Democrats will not side with. Iran is particularly popular for some Democrats to run to defense of for their murdering and imprisonment of LGBTs and Christians.

LOL, says the people who support Russia meddling in our elections. THe side that wanted to sell nuclear technology to Saudi arabia. once again,right wingers have no credibiltiy and just spout dumb one liners.

So pathetic

Wow that's what I call a real pancake flip! Democrats "murdering and imprisoning LGBT and Christians"? Listen joko, just because your president is doing exactly what you're falsely accusing democrats of doing is absolutely ludicrous and ridiculous. Why do you feel so compelled to make up **** like that? Everyone can glance at your erroneous statements and tell that you're just making up any kind of stuff you feel like. It gives you even less credibility than you had before and makes your future comments even less relevant. Wouldn't you rather be taken seriously and contribute something that's more informed and intellectually resonant?

That's all they have. And let them post this stupidity, it just proves liberals are right over and over again

"Extort", how?

You know, probably the BS going around right winger circles that we paid them with taxpayer money. These people are all the same, spout the same stupid stuff over and over

Fair Observer?

Atlantic Council?

Really?

Yes, really. There is nothing more than a pastiche passing for 'democracy' in those countries. Of course you can try to tell me that both enjoy free and fair elections, that there is no coercion or intimidation of voters and their respective governments are not corrupt US puppets.

Neo cons want perpetual war. Killing brown people while companies make insane profits at the expense of human lives is what neo cons strive for.

The moronic right will say all their stupid one liner slogans they are spoon fed by Fox and other propagandist, but the Iran deal was good. Moderates won a majority of seats in Iran afterwords. The people were not struggling economically. THe most surefire way to increase extremism is to make people desperate. The surefire way to make Iran defiant is the make them struggle economically. Just like the iraq war caused hardship for many iraqis, anger that lead to formation of ISIS and huge recruitment tool for extremists

But right wingers are morons and scumbags, they don't have the capability to think about issues beyond one line slogans and simple minded nonsense fed to them. And they have absolutely no empathy what so ever. people like that are the reason why humanity is full of violence and injustices, throughout its entire history

And that is the US strategy; squeeze and provoke until they get a reaction so they can say, 'see, told you so'.

Nobody is pretending they're saints and this has nothing to do with LGBT rights. It is about Iran's nuclear program and in the previous treaty that was under control. Now it may not be. Thank Trump.

It's also ridiculous that people on the right will criticize Iran for its treatment of LGBT while the right in this country would love if they could get away with mistreating LGBT. Have they not heard the vile stuff GOP politicians have said about LGBT? They want to pass laws that allow discrimination. So as usual, the right has no foot to stand on

Not to mention that we have once again betrayed and pissed off the allies who joined us in signing that agreement. Stupidest, most reckless and incompetent president I've seen in my lifetime; and I'm really, really old. :(

Old, I helped on the LBJ campaign. Best and worst thing I have ever done. Got the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act passed and also got us the War in Vietnam.

well, if the objective is 'stopping' nuclear proliferation, it's not clear why an agreement to do so would not be trusted.

Pulling out of an agreement where many nations are party to, that took months to iron out, negotiate, that is the disaster.

It will make getting future agreements very difficult, as our credibility on the world stage has been harmed by this president.

Whether or not the agreement is good or bad, is beside the point. All the nations and the nuclear community believed it was
a good agreement, not perfect, but the best that could be achieved, and some agreement is better than none, given that they
were only months from getting nukes ( or very close ).

What it did was buy time for us. Now, that time has been squandered by a very stupid president.

The agreement wasnt permanent. It sunsetted after 10 years.

It bought us time. That's what it did, whereas prior to it, there was none.

But, thanks to Trump, that time which was negotiated is now squandered.

It also lowered our credibility on the world stage.

It was an incredibly dumb and dangerous move by the president.

Yes, and there were 10 years to talk and work on other deals. Your idiot 'president' has undone all the hard work that went into the agreement and created more tension in the region than there has been for many years. If there was a degree awarded for stupid Trump would get a Masters.

Why would Iran be more willing to give up nukes at some hypothetical point in the future than they were a few years ago?

Back
Top Bottom