• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Harry Reid "TRYING" to take credit for DOA port deal

Stu Ghatze

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Huh huh...just like the little kid, "look at me mommy", Harry Reid demanding an up or down vote on the ALREADY dead Dubai port deal.:2razz:

Dear Harry, ..the republican house KILLED the deal yesterday (wednesday)...but of course we know that you liberal democrats want the country to believe that only the democrats are in the front on national security!

No HARRY, it wasn't you, or the democrats...it was the republicans THEMSELVES that killed the port deal.

Harry, .."you got to stop this PHONEY grandstanding, ..its TOO late to convince people that YOU, or YOUR party killed the deal"! :smile:

Stu Ghatze said:
Huh huh...just like the little kid, "look at me mommy", Harry Reid demanding an up or down vote on the ALREADY dead Dubai port deal.:2razz:

Dear Harry, ..the republican house KILLED the deal yesterday (wednesday)...but of course we know that you liberal democrats want the country to believe that only the democrats are in the front on national security!

No HARRY, it wasn't you, or the democrats...it was the republicans THEMSELVES that killed the port deal.

Harry, .."you got to stop this PHONEY grandstanding, ..its TOO late to convince people that YOU, or YOUR party killed the deal"! :smile:

What's really sad is that people like you, Harry Reid, and the Senate Republicans all think that humiliating a valuable ally for no reason is something to be proud of.

Dingy Harry makes me sick...........Here is a self acknowledged pro life person who is a stron supporter of Abortion...........

I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot and "Slick Willie" was prez would the dems put aside their partianship and kill the port deal like the republicans did..........I doubt it.........:roll:

Kandahar said:
What's really sad is that people like you, Harry Reid, and the Senate Republicans all think that humiliating a valuable ally for no reason is something to be proud of.

Dear Kandahar, ...I never had any opinion on that "port deal", ..nor did I ever critiscize that attempted deal anywhere???

I understood long ago that by "assuming" that all arabs had ties to terrorism was NOT a good way to build bridges besides the fact that the UAE never knowlingly were a threat to America!

My post on THIS particular topic was to illuminate the phoney behavior of Harry Reid, & the democrats who cannot wait to take credit for killing this port deal; ..something the democrats love doing, even though it was the REPUBLICANS who actually killed the deal.

The dems love taking credit "ONLY" because they want the American people to actually believe that they care about national security more than the repubs do, ..which of course could not be MORE wrong, ..or more laughable!

Sorry You MISSED the boat on this, ...I was simply showing how honestly "disingenuine" the democrats were behaving, ..& also the fact they were trying to steal the thunder away from the repubs who ACTUALLY are the ones who KILLED the port deal, ..& now Reid, chuckie Schumer...& other democratic party "phonies" are TRYING to take credit for killing the port deal!;)

Stu Ghatze said:

How about a link that backs up the info you are claiming?

Clearly there is bipartisan support to block the Dubai deal. I saw Shumer, Reid, Frist, Myrick and Hastert out in front on this issue back in February. Obviously the Dems can't block it by themselves.

They are all wrong, and this decision just undid everything we have been trying to accomplish in the M.E!!!!

This is the most advanced Middle Eastern country in the region, and we just told them to take their capitalism, and shove it! I can't begin to imagine the anger they must be feeling there today, we just went against everything we have been preaching to these people. We told them to be a free, democratic country, and while they were moving in that very direction, we slapped their hand of friendship, and for what? Security? What a joke, this is the last country in that region that would have a hand in that business, because it's bad business. I am sick to my stomach over our "run for cover, frightened mentality" Big mistake, HUGE.:shock:

Deegan said:
They are all wrong, and this decision just undid everything we have been trying to accomplish in the M.E!!!!

This is the most advanced Middle Eastern country in the region, and we just told them to take their capitalism, and shove it! I can't begin to imagine the anger they must be feeling there today, we just went against everything we have been preaching to these people. We told them to be a free, democratic country, and while they were moving in that very direction, we slapped their hand of friendship, and for what? Security? What a joke, this is the last country in that region that would have a hand in that business, because it's bad business. I am sick to my stomach over our "run for cover, frightened mentality" Big mistake, HUGE.:shock:

You got it, ..& in the long run its gonna hurt america. Republicans are used to being savaged by the liberals about "stereotyping people, & groups"....but the democrats really take the cake on this issue! :2razz:

And then the GALL of the dems to pretend it was "THEY" who killed the port deal, ..when in reality it was the house republicans who killed it yesterday.

Sure, ..ONLY BECAUSE THE DEMOCRATS WANT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TO BELIEVE THAT THEY CARE ABOUT NATIONAL SECURITY MORE THAN THE REPUBLICANS DO?? huh huh...

BOTH SIDES ARE GUILTY OF BEING DISINGENUINE, ..& only pandering for votes, & approval from the fear peddlers!;)

Navy Pride said:
Dingy Harry makes me sick...........Here is a self acknowledged pro life person who is a stron supporter of Abortion...........

I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot and "Slick Willie" was prez would the dems put aside their partianship and kill the port deal like the republicans did..........I doubt it.........

It was great to see the Republicans hand this great defeat to President Bush. This was indeed a stunning defeat for Bush! :good_job: :2party:

It was indeed a bi-partisian victory. :rwbdonkey :rwbelepha

Deegan said:

Good point Deegan. Dubai is the least of our port worries. If this issue is the catalyst to examine the bigger issue or port security, then so be it. Why are we turning over any ports to foreign counties? Why are water ports so different than air ports? We would never conceive of letting Libya run an airport terminal.

4-5% of containers are inspected on arrival. If I wanted to plant something like a dirty bomb, I would have over a 95% chance of not getting caught if I put the bomb in a container, let it float into the port of a big city at 3 mph and detonate it on arrival.

:bomb:

hipsterdufus said:
Good point Deegan. Dubai is the least of our port worries. If this issue is the catalyst to examine the bigger issue or port security, then so be it. Why are we turning over any ports to foreign counties? Why are water ports so different than air ports? We would never conceive of letting Libya run an airport terminal.

4-5% of containers are inspected on arrival. If I wanted to plant something like a dirty bomb, I would have over a 95% chance of not getting caught if I put the bomb in a container, let it float into the port of a big city at 3 mph and detonate it on arrival.

:bomb:

It's more secure then you think, and now it's even less secure. These rich Arabs would have brought with them big piles of money, money that could be spent on even more tech. Now, if we let some half-*** company take the reigns, will be most certainly less safe then with these folks. We could have made them do things they would never have an American company do, we lost big time.

Stu Ghatze said:

I'm not sure the deal is really dead. It is possible that the Dubai firm will by an American company to front for them and go ahead with the port deal.

The Saudis, sit on oil, and are not dependent on us, don't they have the most oils in the world?

Dubai manages ports, and they cannot rely their economy on oil alone.

however the republicans are joining the democrats to look for the public, because most americans are too stupid to understand the situation with DP world, PO, and our national security. :(

And that is why our politicians are blocking this deal, to look good for the people,and for their party, and 2006 midterm election.

Stu Ghatze said:

Its kinda of like having a job. You do a really good job on something and some jerk wants to take the credit for it. Talking metaphoricly of course.

Back
Top Bottom