• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun Violence a Homeland Security Problem [W:20]

Who said "change the constitution"? Not me...

Yes. You did, regarding guns and gun laws. Here's how:

The Constitution is the law, and you said Congress can change laws, and the overarching law regarding arms in the US is the US Constitution, specifically the 2nd Amendment, and therefore what I said, still stands - Congress cannot change the Constitution without 2/3rds of the states agreeing.

Yes. You did, regarding guns and gun laws. Here's how:

The Constitution is the law, and you said Congress can change laws, and the overarching law regarding arms in the US is the US Constitution, specifically the 2nd Amendment, and therefore what I said, still stands - Congress cannot change the Constitution without 2/3rds of the states agreeing.

I said congress could change laws. I didn't say that congress was going to change the second amendment.

I said congress could change laws. I didn't say that congress was going to change the second amendment.

Second Amendment says the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Making laws to limit gun ownership and/or use, is an infringement... so, they would be enacting a change to the Second Amendment by fiat if they acted in a way that infringed on that right.

Second Amendment says the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Making laws to limit gun ownership and/or use, is an infringement... so, they would be enacting a change to the Second Amendment by fiat if they acted in a way that infringed on that right.

Please show me where I've said anything abut banning the second amendment.

I own a few ar-15s and if there ever were a day I would consider parting with them, today damn sure isn't it.

just bought another one (it was ordered before the Orlando shooting) and bought a first run FAXON upper today

Show me where I said it.

you are fully in support of a complete ban on anyone but criminals and cops possessing AR 15 style rifles

Please show me where I've said anything abut banning the second amendment.

you apparently have no concept of what the second amendment means since you are on record wanting to ban all kinds of COMMONLY USED firearms that are Not UNUSUALLY dangerous

Idiot bureaucrats are here by demand. GW Bush started Homeland Security, and homeland security is their job, so the radical second amendment crowd has been working against your interests from the outset. These ARs and AK etc are now national issue that we have to deal with, and the experts and law makers are going to deal with it because folks in your corner won't.

You get what you pay for in this world.
Ok man.

That's getting way off track, so I'm not going to address it. The point is - Homeland Security was initiated in order to protect this country from terrorist threats. Now they are exercising their authoritative opinion on domestic terrorism, and they say that assault weapons are a terrorist security issue and the proof bears that out.

So, since it's been determined to BE a security issue, how can you disagree with that? A terrorist with an AR15 is a national threat - full stop.

They can say whatever they want, but until congress passes one it ain't happening. The democrats can keep talking like you are, and as long as they are they'll never re-take the house.

Certainly they'll have trouble re-taking the senate with that attitude, they can lose their remaining seats in Montana and ND, probably their current Alaska seat, never re-take Iowa... Yeah don't think the AWB is happening again, because it's a losing issue in a majority of states, as they learned the hard way the last time.

just bought another one (it was ordered before the Orlando shooting) and bought a first run FAXON upper today

I'm jealous. I can't buy any guns until I get another safe. Hopefully moving to idaho soon so I probably won't do that until I'm settled. I already have too much crap to pack.

Why would you need or want to own more than one ?

Maybe so he can have them available for friends and family in case a "call to arms" scenario arises? Perhaps to sell one to people he knows well, but currently don't own any firearms?

People who might seek them someday due to fear of their government's abuses and don't want to leave a paper trail doing so?

Why would you need or want to own more than one ?

I built my first one and my wife fell in love with it so I built her one. And that's where it all started. Some short, some long, some with optics, some with irons. They do a fine job of keeping coyotes away from the chicken coop and goat pens.

Maybe so he can have them available for friends and family in case a "call to arms" scenario arises? Perhaps to sell one to people he knows well, but currently don't own any firearms?

People who might seek them someday due to fear of their government's abuses and don't want to leave a paper trail doing so?

If that is so then thats a deeply disturbing mindset to have

I built my first one and my wife fell in love with it so I built her one. And that's where it all started. Some short, some long, some with optics, some with irons. They do a fine job of keeping coyotes away from the chicken coop and goat pens.

Why not just get a dog ?

In your opinion.

But as you indicate, you are British. Our cultures have diverged in a number of ways since the 13 Colonies and Great Britain parted ways. :shrug:

Strange that so many Europeans feel the need to comment on our society... :wassat1:

Still, I am as strong a supporter of First Amendment rights for everyone as I am of the Second Amendment. You are fully entitled to your opinion. :coffeepap:

Last edited:

Im not going to deny any of the above, but people enjoy collecting things. Some folks collect stamps, coins, or baseball cards. I collect guns. I own some you can't even buy ammo for. A couple that the sights are graduated in arshini.

Im not going to deny any of the above, but people enjoy collecting things. Some folks collect stamps, coins, or baseball cards. I collect guns. I own some you can't even buy ammo for. A couple that the sights are graduated in arshini.

I was responding to a snide post meant to judge your statement and deride it. My response was never meant to limit the motivations in purchasing any firearms.

People hunt, sport-shoot, collect, etc. All valid additional reasons for a right to keep and bear arms.

The assault weapons ban is getting closer and closer, and it really is a shame that the do nothing congress is ushering it in.

You could have a massacre once a month for a year and the butt wipes who control Congress from the NRA headquarters still would not agree to ever re-insitiute the old ban on these weapons.

I was responding to a snide post meant to judge your statement and deride it. My response was never meant to limit the motivations in purchasing any firearms.

People hunt, sport-shoot, collect, etc. All valid additional reasons for a right to keep and bear arms.

I don't take your post the wrong way. And many thanks.

I think worshiping a queen and her royal family is disturbing. Yet I'm not actively telling you to get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom