• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Great Video on "Traditional" Marriage

when the loving decision was made the vast majority of people were against it, not the case now. So it could be very soon.

I know you want that to be so, but it's just not. If the vast majority of folks weren't against it, there would be a whole lot more states that had voted it in. The opposite is true as you've been shown.

I do agree though stupidity and bigotry does take time to get remove from the populace.

not to mention all that is meaningless, because you do what is RIGHT and equal rights is whats right lol

Then again, there are so many of us that don't think it has anything to do with what is "right" or equal rights.

I know you want that to be so, but it's just not. If the vast majority of folks weren't against it, there would be a whole lot more states that had voted it in. The opposite is true as you've been shown.

Then again, there are so many of us that don't think it has anything to do with what is "right" or equal rights.

what the heck are you talking about LOL

Yes the vast majority were against interracial marriage when loving passed thats a fact

and right now the majority are for equal gay rights, thats a fact

:shrug: your opinion means nothing to these two facts LOL

but I do agree there are many that are clueless about whats right and wrong and what equal rights are. They want to discriminate and be bigoted towards groups they choose, they dont value equality, freedom, rights, and liberty

Just because the institution and ceremony have been bastardized in the past does not mean that future perversions are acceptable.

what the heck are you talking about LOL

I'm rebutting your inaccurate statement that the "vast majority" support the legalization of gay marriage. Try to follow the discussion.

Yes the vast majority were against interracial marriage when loving passed thats a fact

Do you know what you're talking about? Obviously not, Loving was a SCOTUS decision, NOT a legislative act. It wasn't "passed".

and right now the majority are for equal gay rights, thats a fact

Again, not in evidence. Already debunked that claim. The VAST majority of states have decided through initiative and vote to disallow gay marriage. The states that have passed legislation allowing gay marriage have done so by slim margins at best.

:shrug: your opinion means nothing to these two facts LOL

Empty victory dance considering you haven't presented any facts. Your opinions above are debunked.

but I do agree there are many that are clueless about whats right and wrong and what equal rights are. They want to discriminate and be bigoted towards groups they choose, they dont value equality, freedom, rights, and liberty

Again, your opinion. But if it's as close to accurate as what you are calling fact above - worthless.

Last edited:
1.)I'm rebutting your inaccurate statement that the "vast majority" support the legalization of gay marriage. Try to follow the discussion.

2.)Do you know what you're talking about? Obviously not, Loving was a SCOTUS decision, NOT a legislative act. It wasn't "passed".

2.)Again, not in evidence. Already debunked that claim. The VAST majority of states have decided through initiative and vote to disallow gay marriage. The states that have passed legislation allowing gay marriage have done so by slim margins at best.

4.)Empty victory dance considering you haven't presented any facts. Your opinions above are debunked.

Again, your opinion. But if it's as close to accurate as what you are calling fact above - worthless.

1.) no its YOU that needs to follow along because I NEVER said that, EVER LMAO
2.) yes and it was still passed in a unanimous decision dont try to play semantics since you screwed up LMAO
3.) nope its still a fact and the polls say so LMAO, nobody is discussing votes separate irrelevant issue, cant debunk a fact sorry LOL
4.) again your opinion means nothing both are facts :shrug: you accepting them doesnt change the facts are facts :laughat:
5.) hmmmm this one is partially rights, it is only my opinion that they are stupid, it my opinion on what they value but this is an equal rights issue and they are against equal rights thats a fact.

nice try but a fail :)

I want to get back to that tradition where women were literal property of the husband. How come my tradition doesn't count?

Back
Top Bottom