• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Governor General Julie Payette resigning over damning workplace report

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

The governor general is heading for the exit rather than be turfed by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, the Toronto Sun has learned.

Julie Payette is set to submit her resignation as governor general ahead of the release of a report that will claim she was responsible for a toxic work environment at Rideau Hall. Had Payette not decided to resign, the Trudeau government would have sought to have her removed.
Hopefully Trudeau will get the next one right- any check would have seen she left he prior workplace for the same reasons

Hopefully Trudeau will get the next one right- any check would have seen she left he prior workplace for the same reasons
Congrats - you called this one perfectly.

Hopefully Trudeau doesn't recommend another bloody inexperienced celebrity for the role. It's embarrassing to have someone so vacuous in a job that should be reserved for someone with an understanding of the constitutional role.

Congrats - you called this one perfectly.

Hopefully Trudeau doesn't recommend another bloody inexperienced celebrity for the role. It's embarrassing to have someone so vacuous in a job that should be reserved for someone with an understanding of the constitutional role.
Here is a possibility - my choice so far

Senator Murray Sinclair announced he will resign from the Senate of Canada effective at the end of January. His final day will be the 31st, exactly one week after his 70th birthday. The distinguished Indigenous activist said he had always intended on serving five years--he was appointed by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in April 2016.

He's from my home province. Agree he'd be an awesome choice.

It is far past the time to have a First Nations person as GG
I only know of the man thru media

Me I am from Gods country- PEI

Good.

Serious questions need to be asked of Trudeau, the Cabinet and the Liberals as to how on Earth this was allowed to happen.

But I think I already know the answer, she was high profile, an astronaut... So people gave her leeway, the benefit of the doubt, those who were abused by her and even apparently at her time at the Montreal Science Centre, probably didn't think anyone would believe them against such a big figure and so this was allowed to occur.

Good riddance to a piece of human garbage, I don't care how much shit you've done in your life and how impressive it is, if you can't treat your fellow man with a modicum of respect, you are not worthy of respect.

**** her.

Piece of crap.

Trudeau should be on the chopping block himself for his own blatant corruption.
He's made some mistakes, don't know if they rise to the level of chopping block. In any event the person who can fire him just resigned.

I suggest Preston Manning.

Oh, wait. He's from Alberta. What the hell was I thinking???

Good.

Serious questions need to be asked of Trudeau, the Cabinet and the Liberals as to how on Earth this was allowed to happen.

But I think I already know the answer, she was high profile, an astronaut... So people gave her leeway, the benefit of the doubt, those who were abused by her and even apparently at her time at the Montreal Science Centre, probably didn't think anyone would believe them against such a big figure and so this was allowed to occur.

Good riddance to a piece of human garbage, I don't care how much shit you've done in your life and how impressive it is, if you can't treat your fellow man with a modicum of respect, you are not worthy of respect.

**** her.

Piece of crap.
I cannot stand Trudeau- he thinks he is as smart as his father- he ain't
A pale image IMHO

I cannot stand Trudeau- he thinks he is as smart as his father- he ain't
Few are.

A friend of mine is a retired RCMP officer who was on PET's security detail. He loved Pierre but can't stand the son, for the reasons you just mentioned.

Horrible appointment in the first place! If Trudeau wanted an astronaut Chris Hadfield would have been a much better choice. Trudeau is on very thin ice.

Few are.

A friend of mine is a retired RCMP officer who was on PET's security detail. He loved Pierre but can't stand the son, for the reasons you just mentioned.
When we have our next election I hope Canadians are lucky enough to have another minority govt
Trudeau from what I have gathered is not that popular with many in his Caucus

2nd minority should send him on his way

I generally vote liberal, last one nope

I see the Cons doing party cleanup in the nutcase aisle- leader is turning them out

Horrible appointment in the first place! If Trudeau wanted an astronaut Chris Hadfield would have been a much better choice.
As fine a person as Hadfield is I'd prefer no astronauts in the role. No retired journalists either.

Trudeau is on very thin ice.
Screwing up a GG recommendation is an error in judgement that simply shouldn't happen. How the heck could he think that Payette was a good show after David Johnston?

As fine a person as Hadfield is I'd prefer no astronauts in the role. No retired journalists either.

Screwing up a GG recommendation is an error in judgement that simply shouldn't happen. How the heck could he think that Payette was a good show after David Johnston?
Another example of his ineptness- Trudeau is trying to have the power that Harper had over his minions
Thing is Harper is a hell of a cunning politician
How did they arrive at appointing a person who with a decent check, the red flags would go off, this is a live one- drop and retreat
I have my own idea, Justin wanted her as GG, and they all followed

Salut Dauphine Julie and here's to hoping that the Dauphin Justin is soon to be on her tail and headed to private life.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

And no Arctic cruises

Salut Dauphine Julie and here's to hoping that the Dauphin Justin is soon to be on her tail and headed to private life.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
Lucky she has her pension, and 200 K severance & entitlements- we know some Liberals of the past love their entitlements

Cool. She can pay for helicopter rides to the lake herself.
Well she ain't gonna starve - she will do quite well
Now we will have civil court cases suing the Govt, GG and her aide

JANFU:

Yup, the higher you go, the more corrupt the air smells. I'm of the opinion that government pensions should all be the same and set at a rate comparable to a lower mid-level civil servant. If the parliamentarians and mandarins want more, let them buy it for themselves through a government-wide cooperative plan which any federal employee can access.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Well she ain't gonna starve - she will do quite well
Now we will have civil court cases suing the Govt, GG and her aide
Can't sue the Crown I don't think.

I think you need the Crowns approval to sue
If so they will not deny it
Trudeau won't involve the Queen. If this goes anywhere expect an out of court settlement.

Trudeau won't involve the Queen. If this goes anywhere expect an out of court settlement.
Yes I am aware, so expect a large number of settlemnets - mostly everyone there for her term

Back
Top Bottom