• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOPers, tell me why you would be upset if the Dems packed the court if they win control of congress and the Presidency?

Well if biden wins then you will know. The dems haven't kept their desire secret.
And a packed court will eliminate a check or balance that SCOTUS provides to help prevent gov't abuse.

EDIT: Hey, I realize I just wasted my time typing this to you because you're authoritarian.

And a packed court will eliminate a check or balance that SCOTUS provides to help prevent gov't abuse.

EDIT: Hey, I realize I just wasted my time typing this to you because you're authoritarian.
I'll take authoritarian over minority tyranny.

By electing a democrat house, senate and president... Isn't that the same justification you use for the GOP?
Are you referring to the filling of a vacant seat on SCOTUS or are you referring to packing SCOTUS?

Not true. Polls showed a majority of americans wanted obama's pick to be considered. Polls also show a majority of americans wanted the winner of the 2020 election to fill RBG's seat. But GOp doesnt really care about the people. They are like the chinese communist party. Their only goal is power.
Who cares. Polls don't matter -elections do.
The people elected a Gop Senate.
#CIViCS
Projection: Accusing your opponent of the very thing that you yourself do.
Mirror dude.

I mean, the GOP has spent the past four years packing the whole Federal judicial system including the SCOTUS. Isn't what is good for the goose good for the gander. Why should the Dems not do as you have done? At least they would not be lying about it as so many GOP senators did when Obama sent them a SCOTUS candidate. The constitution does not mention the number of the members on the SCOTUS and it has been different in the past. It has been both five, seven and ten before it became 9, as it is today. So why not if like you they have the power?

Your delusion is apparent and it must be comfortable for you as you live in it at all times.

Harry Reid, the DEMOCRAT, decided to pervert the process for appointing judges. McConnell simply accepted the changes and implemented Reid's process.

NOW, in a similar move to further pervert the judicial system and the selection process for judges and justices, the Democrats AGAIN want to pervert the system to accomplish their goals working around the rejection of their goals by the voters.

The Republicans are working within the rules set by the Democrats. IF the Democrats do what you prescribe, the 2022 election will produce results similar to the 2010 election.

Depending on the amount of damage imposed by the Democrats in this go-round, the remedies should be available in 2023.

You don't know what court packing is, so, how can you accuse someone else of doing it?

^ More ignorant projection.

^ More ignorant projection.
More direct response: Is your false claim that McConnell packed the courts because you don't know what court packing is?

Back
Top Bottom