• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Senator and Gov candidate Bill Eigel says that 1 year olds could get a abortion under rape exceptions.

Lisa

salem ac leporem,
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
A far-right Republican state senator explaining his opposition to a bill that would grant an abortion exception for rape or incest told his fellow lawmakers, a “one-year-old could get an abortion under this.”

Senator Bill Eigel, a pro-Trump Republican who is also running to become Missouri’s next governor, last week opposed the legislation in heated remarks to the bill’s sponsor, Democratic state Senator Doug Beck. Missouri has a “near-total” ban on abortion, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.
“You want to bring back the institution of abortion so that kids can get abortions in the state of Missouri,” Sen. Eigel said, accusing Beck. “A 1-year-old could get an abortion under this.”

Sen. Beck replied, “I don’t know that a 1-year-old could get pregnant, senator.” He added, “You’re OK with forced birth of a child being raped, right?”

READ MORE: ‘Mass Deport Illegals’: Stephen Miller Says He Knows Why Johnson Opposes Bipartisan Bills

“I don’t support the institutions of rape or of incest. But your amendment doesn’t address those,” Eigel said.

Why is he wondering about a infant/toddler getting pregnant after being raped? Someone should look what is on his hard drives.

Apparently the concept of puberty is also lost on this MAGA knuckle-dragger.

Last edited:
Why is he wondering about a infant/toddler getting pregnant after being raped? Someone should look what is on his hard drives.

What in the actual **** are these Republicans thinking??

He is clearly a raging idiot.

People like him are the reason Missouri has been a hole for as long as it has existed.

He needs to be removed from office and should be subject to IQ screening and a mental health evaluation.

He made those remarks to own liberals and get applause from the reactionaries in his party….

what about the concept of an infant carrying a baby to term?

Dude has the GOOD drugs

The youngest girl known to have given birth is Peruvian Lina Medina, who gave birth in 1939 at age five years and nearly eight months.

This is not infant/toddler stage, but it's younger than just about any of us would be able to guess.

Also fyi - I knew of a neonate who menstruated about three days after birth. This is a rare fluke which medical science can fix, but the phenomenon exists.

Told you all that these Republicans stopped caring once the baby is born.
They don't care before the kid is born. This is, and always been, about control and nothing else. I am supposed to believe that the same people who laughed at that woman and her kids who drowned in the Rio Grande suddenly have empathy for fetuses? Or anything else, whatsoever? Sadly, no.

The entire abortion "debate" is about making women economically helpless and therefore more easily controlled.

That's very dumb. Just like the idiot who thought you could take an ectopic pregnancy and reimplant the embryo in the uterus.

"that", not these.

The desire for an abortion ban is endemic among Republicans. Nice try at the laysplaining, though. :)

The desire for an abortion ban is endemic among Republicans. Nice try at the laysplaining, though. :)
It is prevalent, I'll give you that. Most of that goes back to religious beliefs.

While , as a woman, I do believe that choice has to be in place, on the same token, there are too many ways to prevent having a baby without abortion. Simply saying, "Piss off. NO!" comes to mind. Victims of rape and incest absolutely have the right to prevent the birth of an unwanted child should they choose. However, outside of the health of the mother, After 24 to 28 weeks, mom needs to carry to term and if she doesn't want the child put it up for adoption. I named that time frame because statically the rates of survival are from 50% to 80%. I absolutely under no conditions believe in 3rd term abortions or partial-birth abortions. In Minnesota you can get an abortion at any time, HOWEVER if an unborn fetus is killed, it is a 3rd degree felony. You can partial-birth abort a healthy fetus, but if you kill one, you're going to prison. Hypocrisy at it's best.

I have no problem with the late date/day after pill. Don't wait 6 weeks hoping. It's called the "day after" for a reason.

It is prevalent, I'll give you that. Most of that goes back to religious beliefs.

While , as a woman, I do believe that choice has to be in place, on the same token, there are too many ways to prevent having a baby without abortion. Simply saying, "Piss off. NO!" comes to mind. Victims of rape and incest absolutely have the right to prevent the birth of an unwanted child should they choose. However, outside of the health of the mother, After 24 to 28 weeks, mom needs to carry to term and if she doesn't want the child put it up for adoption. I named that time frame because statically the rates of survival are from 50% to 80%. I absolutely under no conditions believe in 3rd term abortions or partial-birth abortions. In Minnesota you can get an abortion at any time, HOWEVER if an unborn fetus is killed, it is a 3rd degree felony. You can partial-birth abort a healthy fetus, but if you kill one, you're going to prison. Hypocrisy at it's best.

I have no problem with the late date/day after pill. Don't wait 6 weeks hoping. It's called the "day after" for a reason.

Don't think that this will end with abortion bans. Righties are coming after birth control, too.

Don't think that this will end with abortion bans. Righties are coming after birth control, too.
Reactionaries, yes. Not Righties.

That's very dumb. Just like the idiot who thought you could take an ectopic pregnancy and reimplant the embryo in the uterus.
John Becker of the Ohio house of reps.

R, of course.

Back
Top Bottom