• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Sen. Susan Collins thought the mostly white pro-Trump mob that stormed the Capitol was 'the Iranians' at first

Lord Tammerlain

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
GOP Sen. Susan Collins thought the mostly white pro-Trump mob that stormed the Capitol was 'the Iranians' at first (msn.com)

GOP Sen. Susan Collins thought the mostly white pro-Trump mob that stormed the Capitol was 'the Iranians' at first

Why are Republican senators all trying to compete for the title of the dumbest Senator

Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, in a new op-ed said she initially thought "the Iranians" were attacking when a mostly white, pro-Trump mob descended upon the Capitol on January 6.

"My first thought was that the Iranians had followed through on their threat to strike the Capitol, but a police officer took over the podium and explained that violent demonstrators had breached the entire perimeter of the Capitol and were inside," Collins wrote in the Bangor Daily News.

The mob that stormed the Capitol wore "Make America Great Again" hats or carried Trump flags to exhibit their support for the president. The insurrection was also filled with members or sympathizers of extremist groups, who had made their plans for unrest at the Capitol quite clear online in the weeks and days leading up to the riot.

Im sure there was a lot of wrong opinions about what waa happening.

Yeah, thank goodness it wasn't iran, it was just her president.

Im sure there was a lot of wrong opinions about what waa happening.

No doubt

But Iranians, I mean please. She is a senator, she should have been watching and reading reports.

Heck I am sure Cruz thought it was Martians

No doubt

But Iranians, I mean please. She is a senator, she should have been watching and reading reports.

Heck I am sure Cruz thought it was Martians
She is also on the Intelligence Committee and would be privileged to security threats that we as the general public may not be aware of. I'm sure we would scratch our heads at a lot of what thiae inside the building thought was going on.

Susan Collins is one of the more willfully oblivious politicians in recent history.

i wonder if she thinks that the insurrectionists have learned from this and will be more cautious in the future.

you know how Republicans forever have preached that moderate Islamists need to control their extremists...

No serious discussion to be had here.
Remember, this is the same senator who said she thought Trump learned his lesson having been impeached and [paraphrasing] wouldn't be quite a complete moron moving forward.

It's not entirely unreasonable for her first thought, given the anniversary we knew was coming of the Iran assassination and concern about a reprisal, to be that it might be Iran, assuming she hadn't actually seen the rioters.

On the other hand, let's remember that THAT threat also, retaliation by Iran, was also caused by wrong actions by trump.

She's in a dead heat with Tommy Tuberville for dumbest senator. But I think with this turd she may have taken a commanding lead.

Back
Top Bottom