• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good News Casting Means Checking the Facts...

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
True Christianity means checking your beliefs with God's Word...if it doesn't match, your beliefs are not true...

It's important to get our facts straight and it's important to get our Scriptures straight...

NBC News anchor Brian Williams claimed he was in a helicopter forced down by enemy fire in Iraq in 2003. Crew members of that helicopter refuted his story and he recanted.

He originally reported the truth--that his Chinook arrived safely after the attack. But over the years, his story changed.

If it were truly a memory problem, as Williams claimed, there would have been an easy solution.

He could have checked his original report for facts instead of sharing his fictional account.

We Christians can also get fact and fiction confused by taking Bible verses out of context, forgetting cross references that apply, or simply repeating popular Christian sayings without making sure they're accurate.

God never lies (Numbers 23:19) and He's given us His Word so we can tell the Truth.

If we look intently into His Word, remembering what it says and acting on it, our words will also prove true (James 1:22-25).

Let's make sure our story lines up with the "original report."

-------------
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2015/02/good-news-casting.html?m=1

You mean like Jerry Falwell, Jr.? Jim Bakker and many more from the Moral Majority, et al?
Um no...they're as fake as they come...

Which ones?
The 2 greatest commandments, 1st of all...love Jehovah God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself...

The 2 greatest commandments, 1st of all...love Jehovah God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself...
That's not what other people that call themselves true christians say. You understand that, right? You all don't agree?

That's not what other people that call themselves true christians say. You understand that, right? You all don't agree?
So? What does the Bible say? That's what matters...

No...it doesn't...what a cop out...
Yet here you are quoting as fact what you want it to say, while others quote it differently. I've read it myself, found no value in it.

Yet here you are quoting as fact what you want it to say, while others quote it differently. I've read it myself, found no value in it.
So, tell me...how can anyone who is being totally truthful, distort what Jesus said? Sounds abundantly clear to me...

"He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40

So, tell me...how can anyone who is being totally truthful, distort what Jesus said? Sounds abundantly clear to me...

"He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40
Don't ask me how they do it. You're a participant, why not discuss it with them? I'm just asking how do we tell who to believe? And that's just christianity. You're not the only game in town.

Don't ask me how they do it. You're a participant, why not discuss it with them? I'm just asking how do we tell who to believe? And that's just christianity. You're not the only game in town.
I have, many times...some accept the truth, some do not...you can only tell by intense/sincere study for yourself...it took me 3 years of studying before I was convinced I had found the truth, to the point of baptism...some study and never reach that point...that's the beauty of free will...

You don't have the "original report." The gospels were written many decades after the events they purport to describe, by people who did not witness them. And the originals don't exist.

True Christianity means checking your beliefs with God's Word...if it doesn't match, your beliefs are not true...

It's important to get our facts straight and it's important to get our Scriptures straight...

NBC News anchor Brian Williams claimed he was in a helicopter forced down by enemy fire in Iraq in 2003. Crew members of that helicopter refuted his story and he recanted.

He originally reported the truth--that his Chinook arrived safely after the attack. But over the years, his story changed.

If it were truly a memory problem, as Williams claimed, there would have been an easy solution.

He could have checked his original report for facts instead of sharing his fictional account.

We Christians can also get fact and fiction confused by taking Bible verses out of context, forgetting cross references that apply, or simply repeating popular Christian sayings without making sure they're accurate.

God never lies (Numbers 23:19) and He's given us His Word so we can tell the Truth.

If we look intently into His Word, remembering what it says and acting on it, our words will also prove true (James 1:22-25).

-------------
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2015/02/good-news-casting.html?m=1
You realize the Bible is just iron age fables and nonsense, not facts right?

You don't have the "original report." The gospels were written many decades after the events they purport to describe, by people who did not witness them. And the originals don't exist.
Yet, there are those who tend to twist the reports we do have...

What you clearly mean, and we all see it, is:

Elora’s Christianity

Perhaps one day you’ll be honest about it.
344e1f42ed58bdd1ff3d3ee68ef87819.jpg

Back
Top Bottom