• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gonzales Was Told of FBI Violations After Bureau Sent Reports, Attorney General Said

26 X World Champs

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
One more nail in the Gonzales coffin as the Washington Post reveals yet another lie told by Gonzales to the Congress...this is a big one too...he lied to get the Patriot Act re-authorized which was a secret attempt to give even more power to Bush and his evil flying monkeys....do you think Gonzales has moving boxes in his office now?

Gonzales Was Told of FBI Violations
After Bureau Sent Reports, Attorney General Said He Knew of No Wrongdoing

By John Solomon
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, July 10, 2007; Page A01

As he sought to renew the USA Patriot Act two years ago, Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales assured lawmakers that the FBI had not abused its potent new terrorism-fighting powers. "There has not been one verified case of civil liberties abuse," Gonzales told senators on April 27, 2005.

Six days earlier, the FBI sent Gonzales a copy of a report that said its agents had obtained personal information that they were not entitled to have.
It was one of at least half a dozen reports of legal or procedural violations that Gonzales received in the three months before he made his statement to the Senate intelligence committee, according to internal FBI documents released under the Freedom of Information Act.
Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/09/AR2007070902065.html?hpid=topnews

Re: Gonzales Was Told of FBI Violations After Bureau Sent Reports, Attorney General S

Like it or not, Gonzales serves at the pleasure of GWB and I would bet he is there 'til the end.

BTW, I asked you before and, if you answered, I missed it. Who are the 26 former world champs to which your handle refers? I've never heard the term before. Are they boxers or wrestlers?

Re: Gonzales Was Told of FBI Violations After Bureau Sent Reports, Attorney General S

TOJ, I’m sure he’s talking about the New York Yankees. 26 world series sounds about right for them.

As to the AG lying to congress? Meh..

They can wiggle out of lies by arguing intent and parsing the meaning of words into nothingness. Up is down, down is sideways, congress smongress, constitution somonstitution.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word meaning means."

Are they boxers or wrestlers?

Or did my sarcasm detector go bad for a minute?

TOJ, I’m sure he’s talking about the New York Yankees. 26 world series sounds about right for them.
Baseball, eh? Interesting. Guess I just don't understand why someone would use former champions as a screen name. Why not use current champions?

Oh well, sorry about the sidetrack. Ya'all can go back to ******* up a rope :2razz:

Baseball, eh? Interesting. Guess I just don't understand why someone would use former champions as a screen name. Why not use current champions?

Oh well, sorry about the sidetrack. Ya'all can go back to ******* up a rope :2razz:

Because some of us aren't what's called in America, "Fair weather fans", and stick with our teams through thick and thin. I'm a Yankees fan myself, and we're having a horrible season, but I still sit down, grab a beer, and watch A-Rod and the boys every chance I get.

Why? Because that's what a true fan does.

Because some of us aren't what's called in America, "Fair weather fans", and stick with our teams through thick and thin. I'm a Yankees fan myself, and we're having a horrible season, but I still sit down, grab a beer, and watch A-Rod and the boys every chance I get.

Why? Because that's what a true fan does.

It's all about the Dodgers/Braves baby.

Like it or not, Gonzales serves at the pleasure of GWB and I would bet he is there 'til the end.

BTW, I asked you before and, if you answered, I missed it. Who are the 26 former world champs to which your handle refers? I've never heard the term before. Are they boxers or wrestlers?
Doesn't the New York Yankees logo as my avatar give it away? The Yankees are 26 time World Champs....

One more nail in the Gonzales coffin as the Washington Post reveals yet another lie told by Gonzales to the Congress...this is a big one too...he lied to get the Patriot Act re-authorized which was a secret attempt to give even more power to Bush and his evil flying monkeys....do you think Gonzales has moving boxes in his office now?

Source: washingtonpost.com

Time for ALBITCHO to go to jail... and be bubba's bitch instead of Bush's

Back
Top Bottom