• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

God: Ignoring the Rest of the World?

rathi

Count Smackula
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I was wondering how Christianity justified the universal power of God's law given the spread of the religion as a whole. For at least 1500 years, no mention of Christianity ever reached Australia or America. Yet theoretically, they were dying and being judged. How did God judge such people, who obviously never believed in God or Jesus? However, considering that was not possible for them to known about the bible, it seems a little harsh to chuck them in hell. Its essentially being punished for rules that they didn't and couldn't know existed. Anybody care to enlighten me on how this is explained? Or has nobody else brought this up?

Because God doesent exist and most people on here will put their belief down to blind faith which you cant argue with because it takes it the world out of laws of physics time etc.

The religious arguements on here for me have reached a level were it is now pointless.

I was wondering how Christianity justified the universal power of God's law given the spread of the religion as a whole. For at least 1500 years, no mention of Christianity ever reached Australia or America. Yet theoretically, they were dying and being judged. How did God judge such people, who obviously never believed in God or Jesus? However, considering that was not possible for them to known about the bible, it seems a little harsh to chuck them in hell. Its essentially being punished for rules that they didn't and couldn't know existed. Anybody care to enlighten me on how this is explained? Or has nobody else brought this up?

"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Romans 1:18-20

Nobody is being judged unfairly. God has revealed himself through His creation to everyone...even the lost tribes in Papua New Guinea. They will be judged by the knowledge of Him they have been given.

Because God doesent exist and most people on here will put their belief down to blind faith which you cant argue with because it takes it the world out of laws of physics time etc.

The religious arguements on here for me have reached a level were it is now pointless.

God doesn't exist? Interesting. That's quite the assertion you've made. Sounds like blind faith to me.

"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Romans 1:18-20

Nobody is being judged unfairly. God has revealed himself through His creation to everyone...even the lost tribes in Papua New Guinea. They will be judged by the knowledge of Him they have been given.

That's nice. Now perhaps you could explain where Christ factors in to all this. If I recall, the Bible claims that Jesus is the only way into heaven.

Sovereignty and "universal power" belong to The Creator of all, and Christianity has one of the least plausible answers for your kind of question. Believing The Creator cares equally for each of his creatures even though many sinless children are obviously starving to death at this very minute, I would like to know how Christianity justifies its foolishness. Personally, I believe an answer to your question might begin to appear after understanding something beyond the comprehension of most: unconditional love.

Do you think that God(The Almighty) who created the whole universe and life is not able to bring all of us(including those who didn't recieve his message) to an extremely fair account?
If we couldn't find the means to judge those in a fair way, It doesn't mean that God can't. God's means and ways are countless.

But i can tell you one of such ways. When God calls one of those who didn't hear about God or his message to account, God will say to him: "Now, After you have undoutfully known that i'm your creator, I order you to throw yourself voluntarily in Hell". If that person obeyed God's order it means he would obey and follow God's message if he/she recieved it back in his/her life, So God will save him/her from Hell and will place him in The Garden. And those who disobey will be involuntarily thrown into Hell.

Be sure that every being takes a fair chance, No more no less. Just be concerned about yourself.

God says in Qur'an:

"and I do not the least injustice to My Servants."

"Surely Allah does not do injustice to the weight of an atom, and if it is a good deed He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward."

""O my son!" (said Luqman), "If there be (but) the weight of a mustard-seed and it were (hidden) in a rock, or (anywhere) in the heavens or on earth, Allah will bring it forth: for Allah understands the finest mysteries, (and) is well-acquainted (with them)."

"We shall set up scales of justice for the Day of Judgment, so that not a soul will be dealt with unjustly in the least, and if there be (no more than) the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it (to account): and enough are We to take account."

So everybody else the the world knew, but they never ever bothered to write about it? Don't you think its a little strange that only people geographically located in the ME, ever bothered to write about the lord. I mean thats millions of people for thousands of years, who all decided that the God who was revealed to them, wasn't even worth mentioning.

Even today, there are remote areas in which people do not ever hear about the bible. What happens to them? They clearly do not know about the Judeo-Christian god, its easy to prove, as you can just ask them.

Can you me a single person who managed to learn about the ways of the lord without first being taught by someone else?

Do you think that God(The Almighty) who created the whole universe and life is not able to bring all of us(including those who didn't recieve his message) to an extremely fair account?
If we couldn't find the means to judge those in a fair way, It doesn't mean that God can't. God's means and ways are countless.

Whats the point in believing in god then? If he takes all things into account when making a judgment, than why believe at all? Some dude in Australia can rape and pillage his way to oblivion and still go to heaven because he wasn't told the rules beforehand. Sucks to actually know about god, because then you have to follow his laws.

But i can tell you one of such ways. When God calls one of those who didn't hear about God or his message to account, God will say to him: "Now, After you have undoutfully known that i'm your creator, I order you to throw yourself voluntarily in Hell". If that person obeyed God's order it means he would obey and follow God's message if he/she recieved it back in his/her life, So God will save him/her from Hell and will place him in The Garden. And those who disobey will be involuntarily thrown into Hell.

So I plan to live the most pleasure filled wanton lustful lifestyle possible. Then after I die, I follow gods order and get into heaven. Meanwhile you have to shackle yourself to religious constraints because you have read the holy texts.

Not to mention, you can't order someone to voluntarily throw themselves into hell. The definition of voluntary requires that you aren't being ordered.

Sure in the Bible it says that God predetermines who goes to heaven and who goes to hell no matter what you do in this life.

When God calls one of those who didn't hear about God or his message to account, God will say to him: "Now, After you have undoutfully known that i'm your creator, I order you to throw yourself [cooperatively] in Hell". If that person obeyed God's order it means he would obey and follow God's message if he/she [had] recieved it back in his/her life, So God will save him/her from Hell and will place him in The Garden. And those who disobey will be [not cooperatively] thrown into Hell.

Specifics aside, and with just a bit of hesitation, I can definitely catch that concept!

Whats the point in believing in god then? If he takes all things into account when making a judgment, than why believe at all? Some dude in Australia can rape and pillage his way to oblivion and still go to heaven because he wasn't told the rules beforehand. Sucks to actually know about god, because then you have to follow his laws. .

You couldn't catch my point. Again you're exhausting your mind trying to figure out a way to judge your australian dude balancing between his unawareness about God's laws and his crimes into oblivion.
Maybe the way i examplified can't present a fair account to your dude, but who said it's the only way? As i said before God's ways are countless.

You ask why to believe then? if you believe that some fluid is toxic, you'll not drink it, and if a strong electric current causes death, you'll not touch it. Also if you believed that God created you and the whole universe, It's logic to follow his laws 'cause he is the one who best knows about what he created and best knows what is good and what's bad for us.

So I plan to live the most pleasure filled wanton lustful lifestyle possible. Then after I die, I follow gods order and get into heaven. Meanwhile you have to shackle yourself to religious constraints because you have read the holy texts. .

First you already have heard about God(your creator) an his laws. Do you think you can decieve God? Second. There'll be no orders dictated on you, You'll be brought directly to account. Third you consider God's laws as constraints,I don't.

Not to mention, you can't order someone to voluntarily throw themselves into hell. The definition of voluntary requires that you aren't being ordered.

it's a matter of trust in God's order even if you consider it fatal(or constraints as you think). and as i said if one obeyed he'll be rewarded by the garden. it's just a test of obedience.

Back
Top Bottom