• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glock buffer spring stuck extended after cleaning (1 Viewer)

Nomad4Ever

Dark Brandon Acolyte
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Ok, it isn't technically a Glock. It's a SAR-9 but the top is a Glock clone. After cleaning it I left it disassembled for maybe an hour. Went to put it back together and the buffer spring is stuck in its fully extended position so I can no longer put it back in with the barrel.

I've googled a bit to no avail besides some advice of soaking it in acetone. Anyone else ever run into this?

Get a new spring?

Get a new spring?
The gun is pretty new. I feel like I must have done something to mess it up. But obviously that’s an option as a last resort.

The gun is pretty new. I feel like I must have done something to mess it up. But obviously that’s an option as a last resort.
Is this your first Glock pistol? If youre kinda new at it, you might want to recheck your steps on reassembly. That sometimes happens to me when I get a new gun, because they all have their quirks.

Is this your first Glock pistol? If youre kinda new at it, you might want to recheck your steps on reassembly. That sometimes happens to me when I get a new gun, because they all have their quirks.
It is the first one I've owned, but I trained on the maintenance of the M9 in AIT in the Army and took apart the Glock several times before now. The spring just shouldn't be stuck in this way. But I don't know if I should try to force it or if there is some unknown factor, like twisting it locks it in place or something.

I fixed it. Soaking it in acetone seemed to work (y)

Reactions: PoS
I fixed it. Soaking it in acetone seemed to work (y)
Good on you. I always thought acetone was a solvent, so Im curious as to how that happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom