• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck's George Washington Whopper

strawman!!!

images

Wow !! Why don't we bury him to his waist in sand and stone him to death !! :roll:

This was pretty mild compared to the whoppers told in Washington, D.C. during the week.

yes, let's. then, could address the post, instead of derailing it?

yes, let's. then, could address the post, instead of derailing it?

It's obvious that you don't know the definiton of derailing.

I'll ask you this question, then feel free to run away like the last two libbies did...

Did Beck's comment affect your life in a negative manner ??

It's obvious that you don't know the definiton of derailing.

I'll ask you this question, then feel free to run away like the last two libbies did...

what does that have to do with a man calling for honor and then LYING? derail.

No valid proof of a lie. Susan Cooper is nothing more than a spokesperson quoting archival policies and not actually present at the time. Were archival policies followed to the letter? Made no reference to herself being present at anytime during his visit. More a matter of keeping an open mind and not jumping to conclusions.

you're right, susan cooper could have been lying. i'm sure that's it.

what does that have to do with a man calling for honor and then LYING? derail.

I think that anwered my question perfectly. It didn't affect you at all, but you can't resist bitching about anything a conservative says no matter how trivial.

Absolutely. I was counting on him to be the guiding force behind restoring honor to this country. NOW WHERE WILL WE TURN FOR LEADERSHIP???!!!???

Woe is us.

p.s. The debate tactic you are attempting (poorly) to use in this thread is called a red herring. It's a fallacious form of argumentation. People who use fallacious reasoning generally do so because they know they don't have a legitimate means of countering the information presented.

Last edited:
I think that anwered my question perfectly. It didn't affect you at all, but you can't resist bitching about anything a conservative says no matter how trivial.

that he found it necessary to lie is just too funny........why? and i'm not bitching, i think it's hilarious. just like when he "cries"......

again, derail. address his lie, or can't you?

that he found it necessary to lie is just too funny........why? and i'm not bitching, i think it's hilarious. just like when he "cries"......

again, derail. address his lie, or can't you?

Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

you obviously need some help with word definitions.

I've already addressed Beck's lie. It was inconsequential.

Is that word too big?

in·con·se·quen·tial
   /ˌɪnkɒnsɪˈkwɛnʃəl, ɪnˌkɒn-/ Show Spelled[in-kon-si-kwen-shuhl, in-kon-] Show IPA
–adjective
1. of little or no importance; insignificant; trivial.
2. inconsequent; illogical.
3. irrelevant.

More importantly, I could care less if Beck lies because I don't like him and his comments don't not affect my life.

I've already addressed Beck's lie. It was inconsequential. .

So, lying doesn't matter if you do it about small things? Duly noted.

(wow...I suddenly missed Jerry there for a second).

So, lying doesn't matter if you do it about small things? Duly noted.

(wow...I suddenly missed Jerry there for a second).

I guess you're going to claim that you've never lied ???

I guess you're going to claim that you've never lied ???

I've never claimed to be capable of restoring honor to America. ^.^

Again...strawman.

Are you capable of discussing this WITHOUT a fallacy?

I've never claimed to be capable of restoring honor to America. ^.^

Again...strawman.

Are you capable of discussing this WITHOUT a fallacy?

Ahhh, another liberal hypocrit.

You didn't specify Beck in your post.... you simply said "So, lying doesn't matter if you do it about small things? Duly noted."

Duly noted indeed.

Ahhh, another liberal hypocrit.

You didn't specify Beck in your post.... you simply said "So, lying doesn't matter if you do it about small things? Duly noted."

Duly noted indeed.

I was trying to interpret YOUR position. :roll:

Glenn Beck's George Washington Whopper | Mother Jones

What? Glenn Beck TOLD A LIE at the RESTORING HONOR Rally?

Say it ain't so.

:lamo

Reminds me of something my father always said...A person who will lie to you about little things is certain to lie to you about big things.

Can't say I'm surprised a liberal like yourself is posting this Catz.

You have no evidence it is a lie. You have a representative of the site who wasn't there stating her opinion. Zero evidence catz.

But considering this is about conservatives, any flimsey evdience of a "lie" you'll go with hook line and sinker.

You have no evidence it is a lie. You have a representative of the site who wasn't there stating her opinion. Zero evidence catz.

But considering this is about conservatives, any flimsey evdience of a "lie" you'll go with hook line and sinker.

Glenn Beck is NOT a conservative. He's a libertarian. I see no reason why pandering to Glenn Beck's fetishes should be a litmus test for conservativism.

Last edited:

Don't spoil their fun. If a writer with Mother Jones said it, then it MUST be true.

Do your lips get chapped from kissing Glenn Beck's ass?

Nope. I like facts. You like second hand evidence to attack those you don't like politically. Call us when you have the person who actually took them around denying he handled the document mmmmkay?

Glenn Beck is NOT a conservative. He's a libertarian. I see no reason why pandering to Glenn Beck's fetishes should be a litmus test for conservativism.

Fetishes? What are you talking about?

Don't spoil their fun. If a writer with Mother Jones said it, then it MUST be true.

LOL yep. But remember, she's a centrist :lamo

Since the lady wasn't there to witness what took place in that vault, I'd be willing to bet that someone broke the rules and allowed Beck to handle it. There's just no reason for him to lie about a thing like that. The fact that none of the people that were actually there with him came out and stated he didn't handle it, lends credence to my belief.

Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com

you obviously need some help with word definitions.

I've already addressed Beck's lie. It was inconsequential.

Is that word too big?

in·con·se·quen·tial
   /ˌɪnkɒnsɪˈkwɛnʃəl, ɪnˌkɒn-/ Show Spelled[in-kon-si-kwen-shuhl, in-kon-] Show IPA
–adjective
1. of little or no importance; insignificant; trivial.
2. inconsequent; illogical.
3. irrelevant.

More importantly, I could care less if Beck lies because I don't like him and his comments don't not affect my life.

of course, you mean you couldn't care less. but noted, you don't care about "small" lies.

Back
Top Bottom