• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Georgia Governor/Lt. Governor

OrphanSlug

A sinister place...
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The polls are a bit all over the place but most suggest that Georgia is a toss up race, then we get some interesting news.

Kemp, who is the current secretary of State and basically overseeing his own election, is accusing Democrats of trying to hack Georgia's voter registration system just days before the election. So far no little details are being released on "the hacker" or their association to Democrats or Abrams.

This is on the back of Democrats accusing Kemp of purging voter rolls disproportionally going after minority voters in around the time of early voting. There have been suits filed in relation to this.

And... we have a new issue to contend with. Polling also suggests the third party candidate might make it where neither Kemp or Abrams obtains the needed 50%+1, so we end up with the chance of a runoff election the first week of December.

It has been a while since I've seen a race like this in Georgia for Governor, and it is taking the Lt. Governor's race with it in terms of viciousness and accusations galore going both directions.

Trump was in Georgia, Macon, yesterday and Obama (with several celebrities) have been in and out of the State encouraging registration and voting.

I still think Republicans will figure it out and hand it to Kemp but this is the one of the better shots to hand the Governor to Democrats that I've seen in at least the last 4 or so elections.

Going to be amazing watching the results come in tomorrow.

Two days before Election Day, the office for Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp, who is in a closely contested race for governor, announced Sunday that it was opening an investigation into the state Democratic Party for a "failed attempt to hack the state's voter registration system," a move Democrats slammed as a political stunt.

"After a failed attempt to hack the state's voter registration system, the Secretary of State's office opened an investigation into the Democratic Party of Georgia on the evening of Saturday, November 3, 2018," Kemp's office said in a statement. "Federal partners, including the Department of Homeland Security and Federal Bureau of Investigation, were immediately alerted."

Further details about the nature of the purported hack attempt or its connection to the Democratic Party were not provided.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-hacking-allegation-stacey-abrams/1884155002/

The polls are a bit all over the place but most suggest that Georgia is a toss up race, then we get some interesting news.

Kemp, who is the current secretary of State and basically overseeing his own election, is accusing Democrats of trying to hack Georgia's voter registration system just days before the election. So far no little details are being released on "the hacker" or their association to Democrats or Abrams.

This is on the back of Democrats accusing Kemp of purging voter rolls disproportionally going after minority voters in around the time of early voting. There have been suits filed in relation to this.

And... we have a new issue to contend with. Polling also suggests the third party candidate might make it where neither Kemp or Abrams obtains the needed 50%+1, so we end up with the chance of a runoff election the first week of December.

It has been a while since I've seen a race like this in Georgia for Governor, and it is taking the Lt. Governor's race with it in terms of viciousness and accusations galore going both directions.

Trump was in Georgia, Macon, yesterday and Obama (with several celebrities) have been in and out of the State encouraging registration and voting.

I still think Republicans will figure it out and hand it to Kemp but this is the one of the better shots to hand the Governor to Democrats that I've seen in at least the last 4 or so elections.

Going to be amazing watching the results come in tomorrow.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-hacking-allegation-stacey-abrams/1884155002/
The person overseeing the election is running for Governor and accusing the other side of hacking the elction?

Shouldn't he have recused himself and backed away from that aspect of his job?

The person overseeing the election is running for Governor and accusing the other side of hacking the elction?

Shouldn't he have recused himself and backed away from that aspect of his job?

You would think that given Kemp basically purged voter rolls for those that would have by majority voted for Abrams.

This race is going to end up in all kinds of challenges no matter who wins, assuming we even know tomorrow.

Early voting numbers are up, which generally favors the democrats. I think that is the statistic that is forcing the polls to have the race this tight. I don't think it will be nearly that tight. I project a clear Kemp win. Of course Abrams will try to challenge it but she will not succeed. Federal courts have already allowed the 53,000 NEW registrations to be marked provisional. The democrat's current complaint is that the election system itself is vulnerable. Vulnerability or not, if she can't show that the system was in fact hacked and that the voting was manipulated, there's no real argument.

Do not be fooled. We are coming out tomorrow and we are coming in the rain to make sure that Stacy Abrams is not elected governor.

Back
Top Bottom