• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2020 - Biden/Harris

oh. something like that is REALLY gonna piss off the racists.
Calling someone racist, simply because they would disagree with you on something such as a bill. Is pretty much one of the most childish things I've seen on sites such as this one here.

Calling someone racist, simply because they would disagree with you on something such as a bill. Is pretty much one of the most childish things I've seen on sites such as this one here.
welcome to the board.

H.R.7120 - George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2020

Senate - 07/20/2020 Read the second time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 490. (All Actions)

Introduced in House (06/08/2020)
Justice in Policing Act of 2020

This bill addresses a wide range of policies and issues regarding policing practices and law enforcement accountability. It includes measures to increase accountability for law enforcement misconduct, to enhance transparency and data collection, and to eliminate discriminatory policing practices.

The bill facilitates federal enforcement of constitutional violations (e.g., excessive use of force) by state and local law enforcement. Among other things, it does the following:

• lowers the criminal intent standard—from willful to knowing or reckless—to convict a law enforcement officer for misconduct in a federal prosecution,
  • limits qualified immunity as a defense to liability in a private civil action against a law enforcement officer or state correctional officer, and
  • authorizes the Department of Justice to issue subpoenas in investigations of police departments for a pattern or practice of discrimination.
The bill also creates a national registry—the National Police Misconduct Registry—to compile data on complaints and records of police misconduct.

It establishes a framework to prohibit racial profiling at the federal, state, and local levels.

The bill establishes new requirements for law enforcement officers and agencies, including to report data on use-of-force incidents, to obtain training on implicit bias and racial profiling, and to wear body cameras.
1625864989171.png

I think it was a smart move, because it is gonna piss off a certain segment of the American population ROYALLY!

:ROFLMAO:
Liberals: "We are so smart!"
Liberals: "Let's govern by pissing off swathes of the american population! That's a totally good idea! That'll NEVER go wrong!"

Liberals: "We are so smart!"
Liberals: "Let's govern by pissing off swathes of the american population! That's a totally good idea! That'll NEVER go wrong!"
Well fair is fair, the idiots on the other side keep trying to piss of all the OTHER swathes of the population.
How does the saying go? "If you dish it out you better be able to take it" or maybe it is "can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Well fair is fair, the idiots on the other side keep trying to piss of all the OTHER swathes of the population.
How does the saying go? "If you dish it out you better be able to take it" or maybe it is "can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."
Well, let's suppose I was a competent government

if "one side" were, as you say, in your version events, just trying to piss me off, I would just laugh, and continue to focus on governing effectively, because governing isn't a game and trying to one up your opponent is for high schoolers.

Your side calls itself smart, act like it.

Or just continue with your childish antics, for me, it's amusing to watch hypocrites.

LOL, coming from you no less..... :ROFLMAO:

George Floyd, a convicted career violent felon whose last act in this life continued to be criminal. A wastrel who died a wastrel death.

His killer also got what he deserved. A coward who died being bound up in his own stubborn contentiousness.

Clearly if Floyd’s killer had been a black cop or if Floyd had been white killed by a black cop, this case would not have been pursued nationally in the US so let’s get real. It was a political prosecution.

One can quibble about present sensibilities about race but karmically everyone got what they deserved.

George Floyd would still be alive today if he wasn't a scumbag dope head criminal out inviting attention by law enforcment.

Maybe Harris/Biden should push for a law against scumbag dope head criminals?

Is there a contradiction in a sig that says all lives matter with a MAGA fist in your face or is it just me? Asking for a friend ...

Is there a contradiction in a sig that says all lives matter with a MAGA fist in your face or is it just me? Asking for a friend ...
No contradiction there at all. Just because 'All Lives Matter' it doesn't give anyone a license to act like a scumbag criminal, and then expect the rest of us to be all teary eyed after the "Darwin awards" are handed out.

Easy-peasy...

On the positive side:

Geo "Angel Wings & Halo" Floyd has now gone 14 consecutive months without committing a crime.
A new record for Mr. Floyd.
(y)

On the positive side:

Geo "Angel Wings & Halo" Floyd has now gone 14 consecutive months without committing a crime.
A new record for Mr. Floyd.
(y)

That moron found it hard to go 14 minutes without committing a crime when he was living. I fail to understand why anyone look at that guy as hero? On his final fateful day he was about to operate his car while severely impacted by his drug use. Had the store personal and then later the police not arrived, who knows how another path of events may have turned out? Floyd could have driven away and then later down the road run over a mother with her kids in a crosswalk.

That moron found it hard to go 14 minutes without committing a crime when he was living. I fail to understand why anyone look at that guy as hero? On his final fateful day he was about to operate his car while severely impacted by his drug use. Had the store personal and then later the police not arrived, who knows how another path of events may have turned out? Floyd could have driven away and then later down the road run over a mother with her kids in a crosswalk.

He wont be invading any young woman home again, tonight or ever.
I just cant be too upset about that.

He wont be invading any young woman home again, tonight or ever.
I just cant be too upset about that.

Yep, that guy was an out of control selfish piece of work wasn't he? Did you see the video in the trial where Floyd goes into the store to pass a fake $20, and in the witness testimony the clerk who questioned the bill after first taking it said that if he didn't get Floyd to take the bill back then the teenage clerk would personally have the $20 deducted from his paycheck per the store owner's policy. Here you have a young Black kid, doing his best to work and help his family, pay rent, and get by. A kid who really needs the $20, and Floyd the junkie addict cares NOTHING about that kid, as long as Floyd can support his "high" that is all that matters.

Yep, that guy was an out of control selfish piece of work wasn't he? Did you see the video in the trial where Floyd goes into the store to pass a fake $20, and in the witness testimony the clerk who questioned the bill after first taking it said that if he didn't get Floyd to take the bill back then the teenage clerk would personally have the $20 deducted from his paycheck per the store owner's policy. Here you have a young Black kid, doing his best to work and help his family, pay rent, and get by. A kid who really needs the $20, and Floyd the junkie addict cares NOTHING about that kid, as long as Floyd can support his "high" that is all that matters.

Pretty sure that kid said he didn't think Floyd realized it was fake. You got some proof he did know?

Back
Top Bottom