• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gaetz Endorses Jim Jordan as House Speaker

Its not just the decibels that I would count, but the pitch. I would rather listen to 30 minutes of fingernails on a blackboard than 5 minutes of the unintellectual utterances (aka diarrhea of the mouth) that spew forth from oral cavities (their heads are nothing but cavity) of either Jordan or Gaetz

Both are smart men. Yes, difficult to tolerate but neither is stupid. They have simply sold their souls.

MTG and Boebert along with several others (my favorite is the lovely Sarah Palin) are indeed dumb asses.

I am glad the Dems have no dumb asses like this.

Both are smart men. Yes, difficult to tolerate but neither is stupid. They have simply sold their souls.

MTG and Boebert along with several others (my favorite is the lovely Sarah Palin) are indeed dumb asses.

I am glad the Dems have no dumb asses like this.
I might believe Gaetz is actually a smart man, but I see zero evidence of Jordan having an IQ north of 90. But either way moot. If you are going to carry a persona that you are an idiot, then we get to consider them idiots.

There are some intellectual lightweights in the Democratic party (not the ones the Conjobs will tell you are lightweights), but they don't make it a point to play up their lack of grey matter like some people on the other side of the aisle do, because that is much of their base.

Battling inflation, investigations. Battling inflation, investigations. Battling inflation, investigations, hmmm, wonder which one wins?
How about both??? Inflation needs to be dealt with but the Biden Crime Family absolutely needs to be investigated also!

As far as house Speaker...I'm fine with Jordon or McCarthy.........either would be great!

How about both??? Inflation needs to be dealt with but the Biden Crime Family absolutely needs to be investigated also!

As far as house Speaker...I'm fine with Jordon or McCarthy.........either would be great!
Lol, ok.

who do you liberals want? all this bitching and no solutions!

So, what, this is the kiddie toucher caucus?

Sex trafficker supports sex assaulter and rape cover-up schemer? Least surprising news ever.

The zany rich sex deviant has pulled the trigger endorsing another zany big mouth, Rep Jordan to be House Speaker. I am surprised by this since endorsement because Rep Gaetz has been yapping a lot about DJT being chosen as their House Speaker. Guess DJT didn't care to hold such an official position beneath his almightiness. Anyways, look for a real hootenanny ho down to erupt over this push for the next House Speaker. :devilish:

View attachment 67424738

"I don’t think there are five people that would oppose Rep. @Jim_Jordan for Speaker," the News Nation Twitter account quotes him.

"Kevin McCarthy believes in a House of Representatives where the leadership make all the decisions," says Gaetz. He says that a centralized system in the House, regardless of which party controls it, "has failed the American people." Gaetz bases his assertion on the fact that Congressional bills are exceedingly long, too long to be properly reviewed and analyzed.

He says the "principal mandate" for Republicans right now is battling inflation since it holds government spending as the primary driver of inflation. However, "we don't see Kevin McCarthy fit for that battle." Gaetz also adds that he is "troubled" by McCarthy' suggestion that President Donald Trump resign over the events of January 6th, and the insinuation that Gaetz's criticism of Rep. Liz Cheney helped foment violence.

I nominate Gaetz to go sit on landmine.

I think Olympia Snowe would be a great speaker!

If Rep Fred Upton would remain in office beyond 2023, he's the saner Repub that would probably do well as Speaker.

If Rep Fred Upton would remain in office beyond 2023, he's the saner Repub that would probably do well as Speaker.
I swear on my mother's grave that I did not see the article from yesterday evening that backs my preferred Repub choice for House Speaker! That would beat the hell out of a McCarthy or Jordan for sure!! What I didn't know, one doesn't have to be an active US Representative to be voted into that position. IMO, this would be the best outcome for all under Repub House control.

Politico this week reported on whispers among moderate Republicans and Democrats about joining together and nominating outgoing Rep. Fred Upton (R-MI) as House Speaker should Republican hardliners sabotage McCarthy's bid.

Even though Upton is retiring as a congressman and did not seek a new term in office, the Speaker of the House of Representatives does not have to be an actively serving representative.

Back
Top Bottom