• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News Shutdown! Jay Carney Won't Call on Ed Henry, So He Walks Out of Briefing

Oh??

I didn't know Jay Carney and the Obama administration based their actions on what people say in this thread, but okay...if you say so then I'll retract my statement.

Follow the conversation.

Kobie said..."Considering how conservatives and Republicans have been going on and on for five years about how Obama and the Democrats hate America, and are Marxist fascist Islamoappeasers who want to destroy the U.S. and abolish Christianity, why on earth should the Democrats EVER give them the time of day?"

You replied: "Another liberal spouting bull****. Maybe YOU can give me a link or two?"

Not only did I demonstrate how you are wrong, but I gave you direct evidence in this thread. Kobie was discussing comments conservatives make. You said it was BS. I showed it wasn't. THAT was the issue in the interchange, not something about Jay Carney.

Feel free to retract whenever you have time.

Follow the conversation.

Kobie said..."Considering how conservatives and Republicans have been going on and on for five years about how Obama and the Democrats hate America, and are Marxist fascist Islamoappeasers who want to destroy the U.S. and abolish Christianity, why on earth should the Democrats EVER give them the time of day?"

You replied: "Another liberal spouting bull****. Maybe YOU can give me a link or two?"

Not only did I demonstrate how you are wrong, but I gave you direct evidence in this thread. Kobie was discussing comments conservatives make. You said it was BS. I showed it wasn't. THAT was the issue in the interchange, not something about Jay Carney.

Perhaps you should go back a few more posts so you will know what this conversation is all about, eh? Heck, this thread isn't about fellow forum posters...it's about the Obama administration and news media.

In any event, show me that Carney...or Obama...base their actions on comments from this forum and you might have a leg to stand on.

Perhaps you should go back a few more posts so you will know what this conversation is all about, eh? Heck, this thread isn't about fellow forum posters...it's about the Obama administration and news media.

In any event, show me that Carney...or Obama...base their actions on comments from this forum and you might have a leg to stand on.

I went back. You made a general statement... Kobie followed up with a general statement. You called his general statement BS. I showed that his general statement was not. The comments were not specific. That's why I called you out on your statement.

Are you kidding? Just read nearly any thread that discusses Obama and/or Democrats. Heck, Wehrwolfen did it as recently as post #16. These kinds of stupid attacks are so common amongst conservatives they're like white noise.

Also, this.

I went back. You made a general statement... Kobie followed up with a general statement. You called his general statement BS. I showed that his general statement was not. The comments were not specific. That's why I called you out on your statement.

A general statement, by the way, that I acknowledged wasn't how things were. I said "why on earth should the Democrats EVER give them the time of day?," not "they don't." Up until this most recent showdown, the Democrats have been far too conciliatory to a Republican caucus whose stated goal is to destroy Obama by any means necessary.

Last edited:
Bravo to you for your patience with the fools. It's so humorous watching them claim their righteousness while simultaneously being so f'ing and willingly ignorant. But hey again, that's Fox news, feeding lies, ignorance, hatred, and racism to those that are willfully ignorant, illogically righteous, and foolishly hate-filled.

Bravo to you for your patience with the fools. It's so humorous watching them claim their righteousness while simultaneously being so f'ing and willingly ignorant. But hey again, that's Fox news, feeding lies, ignorance, hatred, and racism to those that are willfully ignorant, illogically righteous, and foolishly hate-filled.

It took me a grand total of about two minutes on Google to find those links ... fortunately, I knew which quotes I was looking for so it didn't take long. Except for the Bush one; I stumbled upon that one purely by accident.

The patience is worth it for the opportunity to take their words and shove them directly back in their faces when they are proven so embarrassingly wrong.

Follow the conversation.

Feel free to show leading republicans doing what he said. I'll see if I can find any leading democrats that called republicans things like terrorist or similar. I am sure the president of all the people would never paint with a broad brush and say something as stupid as republicans want dirty air. Show us what you got, let's see which group demonized more. And I'm talking leaders not bloggers.

Feel free to show leading republicans doing what he said. I'll see if I can find any leading democrats that called republicans things like terrorist or similar. I am sure the president of all the people would never paint with a broad brush and say something as stupid as republicans want dirty air. Show us what you got, let's see which group demonized more. And I'm talking leaders not bloggers.
How is gleaning that we will end up with dirty air if Repubs have their way and kill the EPA the same as the name calling being discussed?
Gosh now we see analogy ignorance as well. Did FNC give you this lame analogy?

Just saying the you would have to be an absolute idiot to think that a "want for dirty air" is what animates the rights anger at the out of control EPA. I get that he knows this, and his base, and is playing to that intelligence level, just seems we should expect more of the President.

Just saying the you would have to be an absolute idiot to think that a "want for dirty air" is what animates the rights anger at the out of control EPA. I get that he knows this, and his base, and is playing to that intelligence level, just seems we should expect more of the President.
Oh, my gosh. Clearly you enjoy your ignorance. Truly, without the EPA, what do you think will happen to the air in cities like LA, NY, Houston, Dallas, hell even f'ing Boise Idaho has a high potential for air quality issues. So for a president to discuss the outcome of a decision like crippling or ending the EPA is dishonest? Seems to me that doing so without discussing the likely outcomes except the saving of tax dollars is the dishonest part. Now take a guess, who does that?

Oh, my gosh. Clearly you enjoy your ignorance. Truly, without the EPA, what do you think will happen to the air in cities like LA, NY, Houston, Dallas, hell even f'ing Boise Idaho has a high potential for air quality issues. So for a president to discuss the outcome of a decision like crippling or ending the EPA is dishonest? Seems to me that doing so without discussing the likely outcomes except the saving of tax dollars is the dishonest part. Now take a guess, who does that?

Oh i got ya. So in your mind nothing could be better than what we have. The current govt program is always the best that can be accomplished at any given time. Believing that we can come up with something that works more with business and still looks out for the environment is stupid because your leaders have told you so. Much like the idiots that believe republicans want no government, because they want it to do what it is supposed to do. Not control weather or not there are salt shakers on the restaurant tables.

Oh i got ya. So in your mind nothing could be better than what we have. The current govt program is always the best that can be accomplished at any given time. Believing that we can come up with something that works more with business and still looks out for the environment is stupid because your leaders have told you so. Much like the idiots that believe republicans want no government, because they want it to do what it is supposed to do. Not control weather or not there are salt shakers on the restaurant tables.
Yes to the bolded part. Business had it's chance and failed, hence the EPA. Geez, the ignorance is so astounding.

How is gleaning that we will end up with dirty air if Repubs have their way and kill the EPA the same as the name calling being discussed?
Gosh now we see analogy ignorance as well. Did FNC give you this lame analogy?

Hmm, first mention of EPA in the thread. It may be a slight drift but I see you are too young to be completely familiar with the subject matter. Many people, not only the political right, may see the present EPA problematic due to a lack of oversight. It's another department begun with good intentions gone awry.
FYI ...The Republican party is responsible for the implementation of the EPA. Look in the Congressional Records. Oh, by the way..... That was President Richard M. Nixon.

Have a nice day, Hon

Thom Paine

Hmm, first mention of EPA in the thread. It may be a slight drift but I see you are too young to be completely familiar with the subject matter. Many people, not only the political right, may see the present EPA problematic due to a lack of oversight. It's another department begun with good intentions gone awry.
FYI ...The Republican party is responsible for the implementation of the EPA. Look in the Congressional Records. Oh, by the way..... That was President Richard M. Nixon.

Have a nice day, Hon

Thom Paine
You certainly haven't said anything not already known. I was a Republican till Bush beat McCain in the primary. Don't need the education. That said, I didn't blame Repubs for dirty air. I said business was given it's chance and failed. You said business should be given a chance. Current Republicans say the same, so apparently they are not Nixon Republicans at all, are they?

Have a nice day, Hon

Thom Paine

Insta-fail for the patronizing "Hon." But since you've played the age-card, just how old are you? Context is everything.

You certainly haven't said anything not already known. You said business should be given a chance. Current Republicans say the same, so apparently they are not Nixon Republicans at all, are they?

Whoa there; I checked my statement and said no such thing. There is history here that seems to be overlooked; hence my reference to your age. Sometimes one needs to be present at the outset of things to better understand events; particularly the situations that lead to those events. It's a discussion maybe better in a different thread topic.

Have a nice eve, Hon ;)

Thom Paine

Whoa there; I checked my statement and said no such thing. There is history here that seems to be overlooked; hence my reference to your age. Sometimes one needs to be present at the outset of things to better understand events; particularly the situations that lead to those events. It's a discussion maybe better in a different thread topic.

Have a nice eve, Hon ;)

Thom Paine
Oh my goodness, absolutely correct. I glanced and assumed, my bad. So to reword, "he said...." and that is what I was responding to. I am/was commenting on perhaps current Republicans, not necessarily the entire history of Repubs. Although...., am I wrong in remembering that Nixon had an uphill fight within the Repub legislators regarding the EPA?

Insta-fail for the patronizing "Hon." But since you've played the age-card, just how old are you? Context is everything.

I'm a friendly guy but I expect, in the very least, dinner and a drink before you could expect anything from me ...Are you making a proposition ? ;) :lamo

As an aside, just to let you know....I am the self appointed, past position, President of the Rocky Mountain Region MCPA. (ret.) to take up the same position with COBA.

Have a nice eve, nb

Thom Paine

Y'know, I don't take offense. Those with little dinkies need their verbal crutches.

No, that's not the point of the conversation. The initial comment was not about leaders. It was general. I showed that he was wrong in that context. If you want to try to prove that in general, conservatives do NOT do what Kobie claimed, feel free to try, but not only do I have thousands of posts at DP at my disposal, but I have millions of comments from conservatives kept for posterity on the internet. Kobie only posted a pittance of them.

As far as which group demonizes more? Both groups demonize far too much. In this case, more is irrelevant.

I'm a friendly guy but I expect, in the very least, dinner and a drink before you could expect anything from me ...Are you making a proposition ? ;) :lamo

As an aside, just to let you know....I am the self appointed, past position, President of the Rocky Mountain Region MCPA. (ret.) to take up the same position with COBA.

Have a nice eve, nb

Thom Paine

What are MCPA and COBA?

Back
Top Bottom