• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News fires anchor Ed Henry after sexual misconduct allegation

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...um=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

Fox News Channel has abruptly terminated anchor Ed Henry after a former co-worker accused him of what the network described as “sexual misconduct in the workplace years ago.”

According to a memo sent to employees on Wednesday morning, an attorney representing a former Fox employee sent a complaint to the network last Thursday. The network responded by suspending Henry, removing him from the air, and launching an independent investigation.

“Based on investigative findings, Ed has been terminated,” Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace said in the memo.

Henry, 48, who joined Fox from CNN in 2011, was named co-anchor of the morning news show “America’s Newsroom” in December, hosting the three-hour daily show alongside Sandra Smith. He will be replaced with “rotating news anchors” until his replacement is chosen.
===================================================================
I seldom watch Fox so-called News for more than a few seconds but I recognize Henry. Tough time for a 48-year-old to be on the job market.

Sexual misconduct? Is that anything like grabbin women between the legs or walking in on naked pagent contestants?

What’s in the water coolers over at Fox?

Wasn’t Ed Henry the one that grilled Scott Pruitt when he was @ EPA?

What’s in the water coolers over at Fox?

Wasn’t Ed Henry the one that grilled Scott Pruitt when he was @ EPA?

I'm impressed that FOX acted so quickly.

This news is surprising. Ed Henry didn't appear, from the looking at him anyway, to be a sexual scumbag predator. Why is this still so prevalent at Fox Network? It must happen at other networks, no? They must be pumping something in the air over there. Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly. Charles Payne was suspended by Fox Business after Scottie Nell Hughes, accused him of rape. Even Don Jr's. girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle was ousted for passing around pics of Don's 'member'.

Roger Ailes set the tone and tenure for Fox but that was so many years ago that you would think that the Murdocks would want to shed that bad image and clean up the network, especially in the era of the Me Too movement.

Last edited:

Yeah, it was surprisingly fast. They brought in an outside law firm to investigate and he was gone like two days later.

This news is surprising. Ed Henry didn't appear, from the looking at him anyway, to be a sexual scumbag predator. Why is this still so prevalent at Fox Network? It must happen at other networks, no? They must be pumping something in the air over there. Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly. Charles Payne was suspended by Fox Business after Scottie Nell Hughes, accused him of rape. Even Don Jr's. girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle was ousted for passing around pics of Don's 'member'.

Roger Ailes set the tone and tenure for Fox but that was so many years ago that you would think that the Murdocks would want to shed that bad image and clean up the network, especially in the era of the Me Too movement.

There's often a time lag between the incidents and the reporting. Hopefully, this quick response will encourage women to come forward more quickly as well as encouraging men to keep their zippers zipped.

Don't dip your pen in company ink.

I doubt that sexual misconduct happens more at Fox news than elsewhere. It's pretty prevalent in the workplace. Most other news corporations have let people go over similar issues. Fox News just stands out lately because they have been cracking down on it, instead of sweeping it under the rug like most organizations would.

Yeah, seems they're doing a great job to change the culture in the industry. Good for them.

I doubt that sexual misconduct happens more at Fox news than elsewhere. It's pretty prevalent in the workplace. Most other news corporations have let people go over similar issues. Fox News just stands out lately because they have been cracking down on it, instead of sweeping it under the rug like most organizations would.

The entire network was built from the ground up by Roger Ailes and even he had to resign under pressure from Rupert Murdock because of all the sexual offenses piling up on him over his 20 years at the network. The misogyny and sexual harassment has always been at Fox and didn't end with Roger Ailes death.

The entire network was built from the ground up by Roger Ailes and even he had to resign under pressure from Rupert Murdock because of all the sexual offenses piling up on him over his 20 years at the network. The misogyny and sexual harassment has always been at Fox and didn't end with Roger Ailes death.

Absolutely. And now it appears Fox News is working very hard to change the culture there and take swift action against any new allegations. Good for them.

Absolutely. And now it appears Fox News is working very hard to change the culture there and take swift action against any new allegations. Good for them.

They promised that in 2017 when they fired Bill O'Reilly. Bill Shine was supposed to clean up Fox and he got canned as well. Shine is a protégé of Roger Ailes and was chairman and CEO of Fox News. He spent decades as a senior executive at Fox before joining the White House last July. He was pushed out of Fox because he was accused of helping Ailes cover up the sexual harassment and misconduct that had forced Ailes out of Fox eventually. Then there was the scandal with Fox Business host Charles Payne who was accused of rape by Scottie Nell Hughes. FOX got rid of him for a while then brought him back to the network.

Do you seriously believe that Fox is trying to 'change the culture' there?

Yeah, seems they're doing a great job to change the culture in the industry. Good for them.

If they continue like this they should have very few problems in the future. A win for FOX and for women.

They promised that in 2017 when they fired Bill O'Reilly. Bill Shine was supposed to clean up Fox and he got canned as well. Shine is a protégé of Roger Ailes and was chairman and CEO of Fox News. He spent decades as a senior executive at Fox before joining the White House last July. He was pushed out of Fox because he was accused of helping Ailes cover up the sexual harassment and misconduct that had forced Ailes out of Fox eventually. Then there was the scandal with Fox Business host Charles Payne who was accused of rape by Scottie Nell Hughes. FOX got rid of him for a while then brought him back to the network.

Do you seriously believe that Fox is trying to 'change the culture' there?

Progress takes time. Seems like they're acting faster and faster, and getting better and better. Can't say that for many other industries, where things continue to be swept under the rug. I celebrate progress when it is made.

Progress takes time. Seems like they're acting faster and faster, and getting better and better. Can't say that for many other industries, where things continue to be swept under the rug. I celebrate progress when it is made.

So weeding out one more sexual predator because someone was brave enough to blow the whistle on him and file a former complaint is something you consider 'progress' ?

So weeding out one more sexual predator because someone was brave enough to blow the whistle on him and file a former complaint is something you consider 'progress' ?

Having that person suspended that day, the incident investigated and the offender removed from the company within days? That's pretty awesome!

It wasn't that long ago that powerful men were protected for this behavior. In many places they still are. Good on Fox News for doing the right thing so quickly.

Yeah, it was surprisingly fast. They brought in an outside law firm to investigate and he was gone like two days later.
Yep FOX uses an outside law firm to investigate and NBC investigates themselves. I wonder which is more likely to arrive at the truth.

If Henry did it he needs to go. I liked his own air presence and will miss him. Last year he donated a portion of his liver to his sister who had a failing liver. Seemed like a nice guy. I was surprise he was out of line with a former female employee.

Last edited:
Having that person suspended that day, the incident investigated and the offender removed from the company within days? That's pretty awesome!

It wasn't that long ago that powerful men were protected for this behavior. In many places they still are. Good on Fox News for doing the right thing so quickly.
100% agree!

In many places, they still are”. Did you have anyone in mind?

Had Roger Ailes and Bill O’ the Clown preceded him, they wouldn’t have said a word.

They took a huge hit to their reputation because of Ailes and Bill. It also cost them a lot of money. These are incentives to clean up their act. I just hope that in the future, women don't have to quit the company before filing the complaint.

They took a huge hit to their reputation because of Ailes and Bill. It also cost them a lot of money. These are incentives to clean up their act. I just hope that in the future, women don't have to quit the company before filing the complaint.

I don’t think their reputation took much of a hit. But they did spend millions on payoffs,cover ups, and legal bills.

The misogynistic culture at Fox was always right there on the screen.

News models in regulation above the knee skirts are still prominent.

And O’Reilly and Ailes’ creepy behavior wasn’t exactly a secret.

Women from Fox who complained like Megyn Kelly were lionized and had movies made about them. But women from other networks who complained were sent into the shadows.

Bombshell_poster.jpg

What happened to the women who complained about Matt Lauer, Les Moonves, even Tom Brokaw?

Ohh, there's no movies on them.

Back
Top Bottom