• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Found a great spaghetti sauce recipe

1# Ground Beef; 1# Ground Pork; 1 chopped onion; 2 28-oz cans diced tomatoes w/juice; 2 6-oz cans tomato paste; 2 8-oz cans tomato sauce; 2 bay leaves; 5 garlic cloves chopped; 4 t dried oregano; 1-1/2 t salt; 4 t dried basil, 3 T brown sugar; 1 t dried thyme.

Brown meat and onion and drain. Recipe calls for doing in the crock pot 8-10 hours. I made it on the stove instead, cooked for about 2 hours. Ate the next day (always better that way).

I find ground meat gets cooked to DEATH in a crockpot. That's why I cooked it on the stove top.

(I actually bought 2# of meatloaf mix instead of the 1# each.)

This is a GREAT sauce. (Makes enough for 12 generous servings.) I split it in half and used each half with 1# of spaghetti.

Sounds great!

It is Simplicity itself. I make pretty much the same stuff just without the accurate measurements. It's more like 'bit a this, 'bit of that. My BBQ pizza sauce is to die for.

I never use ground beef for italian sauces, only italian sausage.

Back
Top Bottom