• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former US Attorney: Susan Rice Ordered Spy Agencies To Produce ‘Detailed Spreadsheets

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[FONT=&quot]Former President Barack Obama’s national security adviser Susan Rice ordered U.S. spy agencies to produce “detailed spreadsheets” of legal phone calls involving Donald Trump and his aides when he was running for president, according to former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“What was produced by the intelligence community at the request of Ms. Rice were detailed spreadsheets of intercepted phone calls with unmasked Trump associates in perfectly legal conversations with individuals,” diGenova told The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group Monday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“The overheard conversations involved no illegal activity by anybody of the Trump associates, or anyone they were speaking with,” diGenova said. “In short, the only apparent illegal activity was the unmasking of the people in the calls.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Other official sources with direct knowledge and who requested anonymity confirmed to TheDCNF diGenova’s description of surveillance reports Rice ordered one year before the 2016 presidential election.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Read more: DiGenova: Rice Ordered 'Spreadsheets' on Calls Involving Trump, Aides | The Daily Caller[/FONT]

This Trump and Russia thing is community organizer level BS, and the illegality of the Obama staff is what the real scandal is.

Re: Former US Attorney: Susan Rice Ordered Spy Agencies To Produce ‘Detailed Spreadsh

The Daily Caller?!:lol:

I notice all the GOP hack sites are running with several stories about Rice today...

I wonder what they are trying to provide deflection from the Trump Admin for...

Re: Former US Attorney: Susan Rice Ordered Spy Agencies To Produce ‘Detailed Spreadsh

This Trump and Russia thing is community organizer level BS, and the illegality of the Obama staff is what the real scandal is.

Trump is going to instruct the DoJ to start drafting charges against folks who took illegal actions against the US?

LOL!

A. No, the Trump Admin investigation is still going, full steam, and it's legit, no matter how much that angers you.
B. No, there is no Obama staff 'scandal'.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-wing-media-and-trump/?utm_term=.806a191800f7
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/de-derping-the-un-masking-story

I notice all the GOP hack sites are running with several stories about Rice today...

Probably that "community organizer level BS" of a hostile foreign government meddling in our free election.

Daily Caller is not "mainstream news."

First question is what makes you think the mere unmasking by the attorney journal is unlawful. Second question is whether you think diGenova should be prosecuted for leaking the identities of the unmasked persons?

LOL!

A. No, the Trump Admin investigation is still going, full steam, and it's legit, no matter how much that angers you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-wing-media-and-trump/?utm_term=.806a191800f7

Your ability to be honest on anything is well documented.

Probably that "community organizer level BS" of a hostile foreign government meddling in our free election.

Pray tell, what exactly DID Russia do? Actually DO?

The impeachment plan is blowing up in liberals' faces.

Glorious.

Your ability to be honest on anything is well documented.

Ironically enough, you're not honest enough to make such a determination.

Pity you have no answer to those links. I understand completely, as they demolish your false narrative.

LOL!

In the second linked article, I read the part from the Bloomberg article that started all this Susan Rice unmasking stuff...

The National Security Council's senior director for intelligence, Ezra Cohen-Watnick, was conducting the review, according to two U.S. officials who spoke with Bloomberg View on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it publicly. In February Cohen-Watnick discovered Rice's multiple requests to unmask U.S. persons in intelligence reports that related to Trump transition activities. He brought this to the attention of the White House General Counsel's office, who reviewed more of Rice's requests and instructed him to end his own research into the unmasking policy.

...and thought it was rather odd myself. Why would the WH GC instruct someone within its inner circle to stop researching records that could at least confirm that improper surveillance or illegally unmasking (identification) of U.S. citizens had, in fact, taken place by the previous Administration if he had the evidence to prove it? It doesn't make sense that they'd find their smoking gun only to tell their guy inside to stop combing through records.

Last edited:

I dont know, But Susan Rice coming out and say yes, we did monitor Trump during the campaign, is WAY more proof, than any proof ever showing Collusion to derail the election. I have NOT seen ANY proof showing Trump was directly involved. So deflection? No. This is what we call fact finding.... and well.... this seems to show facts... LOL!

I dont know, But Susan Rice coming out and say yes, we did monitor Trump during the campaign, is WAY more proof, than any proof ever showing Collusion to derail the election. I have NOT seen ANY proof showing Trump was directly involved. So deflection? No. This is what we call fact finding.... and well.... this seems to show facts... LOL!

Actually, she didn't say that's what happened at all, at least not in the way you've described it. She said it's likely that some members of the Trump campaign got swepted up in "incidental collection"/surveillance, not that it was done purposely. Of course, if during their investigation on Russia it appeared that members of Trump's campaign were conducting themselves in a questionable/illegal manner, I'd think monitoring their activities would be 100% above board if it concerned aspects of our national security.

To me, all this finger pointing at the Obama WH is an attempt to deflect and/or downplay any culpability anyone connected with Pres. Trump may have had in their involvement w/Russian activity(ies). If you can say, "See, they spied on me illegally" you can then say "this was all a political witch hunt".

Last edited:

None of us have seen it. I don't think the people in charge of the investigations are planning to share whatever they know with us, especially if it's classified material. That's why it's better for everyone if the bi-partisan investigation staffers get to decide if there was any involvement or not instead of us, who have no knowledge of anything, deciding about Trump or Rice or Flynn or Manafort.

Actually, she didn't say that's what happened at all, at least not in the way you've described it. She said it's likely that some members of the Trump campaign got swepted up in "incidental collection"/surveillance, not that it was done purposely. Of course, if during their investigation on Russia it appeared that members of Trump's campaign were conducting themselves in a questionable/illegal manner, I'd think monitoring their activities would be 100% above board if it concerned aspects of our national security.

To me, all this finger pointing at the Obama WH is an attempt to deflect and/or downplay any culpability anyone connected with Pres. Trump may have had in their involvement w/Russian activity(ies). If you can say, "See, they spied on me illegally" you can then say "this was all a political witch hunt".

I agree with the first part of your post. Susan Rice did not say what that poster claimed she said. In fact, she flat out denied it. Whether her denial was the truth or not is yet to be seen.

The surveillance was legal and Trump was incidentally surveilled, which means that he, perhaps unwittingly, involved himself in something nefarious that was already being investigated.

Yups, sorry... I made my statement kind of blanketed and bold. The issue I see is, Collusion between Trump Campaign. Thats all I have heard. I have yet to see in actual statement like, Trump campaign funded Russia, Trump campaigned hired KGB agents to polling stations to force voters. etc etc. Just the generic word "Collusion" thats it. I can say the say about anyone. Well you colluded with China, colluded with the mafia, but without actual substance.... its just yelling out "Wolf".....

Rice did say, that they did inadvertently, picked up stuff in regards to the investigation. So sure it may be legal, and that is all good to me. The question is its been 6+ months and not ONE shred of direct/implicating evidence of criminal or illegal activity even with them monitoring conversation? Then Flynn's name is ILLEGALLY leaked? So WHAT criminal or illegal act has been committed by trump or his campaign, versus. Being monitored for (currently) un founded reasons.

None of us have seen it. I don't think the people in charge of the investigations are planning to share whatever they know with us, especially if it's classified material. That's why it's better for everyone if the bi-partisan investigation staffers get to decide if there was any involvement or not instead of us, who have no knowledge of anything, deciding about Trump or Rice or Flynn or Manafort.

Sure, I agree... I really would like to see a fair investigation to put this to bed as to me this is really dividing the country needlessly, we dont really need this right now..... and it really does not help the situation. And Right now, RUSSIA is the one that did the DNC hacking (supposedly) It is RUSSIA that supposedly, did what ever it did to influence the Elections. Unless Trump Financed it, directed it, shook hands for it to be done? Its just Media, garbage..... so again... lets see some legitimate info. Again 6+ months of investigation? Obama admin looking into it, and Nothing? I mean they could have found something to stop his bid for Presidency. They could release something the could get him impeached, Common our government is faster than that right? 6+months.

The surveillance was legal and Trump was incidentally surveilled, which means that he, perhaps unwittingly, involved himself in something nefarious that was already being investigated.

Ok first off .... "which means that he, perhaps"..... we dont know and yes, incidentally, surveilled. PERHAPS... NO proof...nothing, not even a bank account showing a wire transfer of $1.00 to Russia.... common give me a private server, or james Bond 007 super secret squirrel message something..

Collusion.... SHOW Me something collusion other then, him just talking to someone and his people talking to someone, talking to someone is NOT illegal,

Ok first off .... "which means that he, perhaps"..... we dont know and yes, incidentally, surveilled. PERHAPS... NO proof...nothing, not even a bank account showing a wire transfer of $1.00 to Russia.... common give me a private server, or james Bond 007 super secret squirrel message something..

Collusion.... SHOW Me something collusion other then, him just talking to someone and his people talking to someone, talking to someone is NOT illegal,

The three things we know to be true is that

1)Trump transition team members involved themselves in an ongoing surveillance situation.
2)The surveillance was legal
3)The surveillance was not related to Russia

So what did Trump and his transition team members involve themselves in?

I see some of the members of Barry the Red's rear guard are busy trying to cover his hind end. This time, I suspect they will do a less convincing job of it than ever.

Yups, sorry... I made my statement kind of blanketed and bold. The issue I see is, Collusion between Trump Campaign. Thats all I have heard. I have yet to see in actual statement like, Trump campaign funded Russia, Trump campaigned hired KGB agents to polling stations to force voters. etc etc. Just the generic word "Collusion" thats it. I can say the say about anyone. Well you colluded with China, colluded with the mafia, but without actual substance.... its just yelling out "Wolf".....

Rice did say, that they did inadvertently, picked up stuff in regards to the investigation. So sure it may be legal, and that is all good to me. The question is its been 6+ months and not ONE shred of direct/implicating evidence of criminal or illegal activity even with them monitoring conversation? Then Flynn's name is ILLEGALLY leaked? So WHAT criminal or illegal act has been committed by trump or his campaign, versus. Being monitored for (currently) un founded reasons.

Sure, I agree... I really would like to see a fair investigation to put this to bed as to me this is really dividing the country needlessly, we dont really need this right now..... and it really does not help the situation. And Right now, RUSSIA is the one that did the DNC hacking (supposedly) It is RUSSIA that supposedly, did what ever it did to influence the Elections. Unless Trump Financed it, directed it, shook hands for it to be done? Its just Media, garbage..... so again... lets see some legitimate info. Again 6+ months of investigation? Obama admin looking into it, and Nothing? I mean they could have found something to stop his bid for Presidency. They could release something the could get him impeached, Common our government is faster than that right? 6+months.

Yup, I haven't seen any evidence of collusion either. None of us have. It's why the investigation is going on. I suspect eventually they will end the investigations and tell us what they found. Then we can all move on.

Susan Rice didn't admit they were surveiling Trump. She actually denied it. Whether that's true or not has to be investigated. All of our posts here are nothing but speculation and we have no idea what actually went on.

I suspect at the end of all of this, the only "legal" charges that can and will be made will be made against the leakers, assuming someone finds out who he/she/they are. But that's just a guess, I obviously have no way of knowing anything. None of us do, about Trump or Rice or anyone else. It's all just conjecture, driven mostly by partisan hackery, at this point.

The three things we know to be true is that

1)Trump transition team members involved themselves in an ongoing surveillance situation.
2)The surveillance was legal
3)The surveillance was not related to Russia

So what did Trump and his transition team members involve themselves in?

Yups right there with you, they were survielled, legally I am assuming. My question is Why?
Again assuming it was legal
Now its not related to Russia, per her statement, but that is conflicting as 2 interviews go back and forth along with the name dropping of Flynn a couple of times by the interviewer and Susan rice.

So really WHAT the hell is going on? Has to do with Trump or Not. Has to do with Russia or NOT.

If not with Russia, then what, What was so important to surveillance Trump and his people, that it was so important to obtain FISA request and not implicate him to remove himself from the Presidential Candidacy and more so current potential impeachment, I mean its gotta be serious enough if we have to monitor, His people through legal FISA request right?

Something just doesnt add up.....

Yup, I haven't seen any evidence of collusion either. None of us have. It's why the investigation is going on. I suspect eventually they will end the investigations and tell us what they found. Then we can all move on.

Susan Rice didn't admit they were surveiling Trump. She actually denied it. Whether that's true or not has to be investigated. All of our posts here are nothing but speculation and we have no idea what actually went on.

I suspect at the end of all of this, the only "legal" charges that can and will be made will be made against the leakers, assuming someone finds out who he/she/they are. But that's just a guess, I obviously have no way of knowing anything. None of us do, about Trump or Rice or anyone else. It's all just conjecture, driven mostly by partisan hackery, at this point.

Yups yups.....do you see though that this is causing more speculation and hate against trump than needed, Sure its one thing to not like him.... but to intentionally discredit him.... I mean... what if this ball of wax explodes, and lets say bama illegally did wire tap him and found nothing. With the people automatically start supporting trump and praising him? NO....

So what is the point of creating divide and even questioning our own government WITHOUT and actual factual statements or proof..... This is HORRIBLE.... This is the Salem Witch Trials seriously... dont we see it....

We may never find direct evidence of Trump himself colluding with the Russians. That said, the notion that Trump somehow coincidentally surrounded himself with so many people who were in regular contact with the Russians - including his own son-in-law who hosted a private meeting with the Russian Ambassador in Trump's own home - and was totally unaware of what was happening in his own campaign just strains credulity. The bottom line is that the Russians wanted Trump in the White House and worked to make it happen at least as early as the Republican primaries. Why?

We may never find direct evidence of Trump himself colluding with the Russians. That said, the notion that Trump somehow coincidentally surrounded himself with so many people who were in regular contact with the Russians - including his own son-in-law who hosted a private meeting with the Russian Ambassador in Trump's own home - and was totally unaware of what was happening in his own campaign just strains credulity. The bottom line is that the Russians wanted Trump in the White House and worked to make it happen at least as early as the Republican primaries. Why?

Again.... So what if his Son in law had a private meeting...WAS it ILLEGAL? Do we have proof.... People want to FIND something Illegal, IS there PROOF if there is no proof then why keep trying to stir the pot?

Trump being surrounded.. Sure again... lets say it, Guilty by association....I swear our nation of laws state, "Innocent until proven Guilty" While we know this is not true....This has been going on for MONTHS...and NOT even ONE indication of illegal or criminal act....this has got to stop some time. I mean are we going to investigate for 8 years and find nothing? Seriously.

Lastly. Lets take your point about Russia.... Sure... Russia wanted Trump in there.... was that a benefit to Trump sure... does That mean just because Russia wanted Him in there... He was part of a conspiracy to commit electoral crimes? LOL

Its like American Idol.... they have a favorite contestant.... some "extremist" floods the voting system to help their favorite contestant win. Because they LOVE them to death.... Is the Contestant Guilty of collusion? More so the "Extremist" is "im your number 1 fan" and follows the contestant around, tries to talk to the contestant, goes to their home... stalkerish.... Of course the contestant may have contact with the extremist....

But again is the contestant, committing a crime??? this is a serious example...

Russia Hated HRC... period, and likely would do whatever they could so she could not get elected.... Does that automatically mean TRUMP was guilty of something.... Russia, could do whatever they want and we can see how Putin likes to do that.... they dont need Trump telling them what to do......

Again... I dont know.. Maybe he is guilty, but at least SHOW ME SOMETHING!!!

Again.... So what if his Son in law had a private meeting...WAS it ILLEGAL? Do we have proof.... People want to FIND something Illegal, IS there PROOF if there is no proof then why keep trying to stir the pot?

Trump being surrounded.. Sure again... lets say it, Guilty by association....I swear our nation of laws state, "Innocent until proven Guilty" While we know this is not true....This has been going on for MONTHS...and NOT even ONE indication of illegal or criminal act....this has got to stop some time. I mean are we going to investigate for 8 years and find nothing? Seriously.

Lastly. Lets take your point about Russia.... Sure... Russia wanted Trump in there.... was that a benefit to Trump sure... does That mean just because Russia wanted Him in there... He was part of a conspiracy to commit electoral crimes? LOL

Its like American Idol.... they have a favorite contestant.... some "extremist" floods the voting system to help their favorite contestant win. Because they LOVE them to death.... Is the Contestant Guilty of collusion? More so the "Extremist" is "im your number 1 fan" and follows the contestant around, tries to talk to the contestant, goes to their home... stalkerish.... Of course the contestant may have contact with the extremist....

But again is the contestant, committing a crime??? this is a serious example...

Russia Hated HRC... period, and likely would do whatever they could so she could not get elected.... Does that automatically mean TRUMP was guilty of something.... Russia, could do whatever they want and we can see how Putin likes to do that.... they dont need Trump telling them what to do......

Again... I dont know.. Maybe he is guilty, but at least SHOW ME SOMETHING!!!

We're going to investigate for as long as it takes because a foreign government - one which we generally do not share in values and vision for the world - successfully installed their preferred body in the White House. Russia may hate HRC, but that doesn't explain why they chose to help Trump against Rubio in the Republican primary. In terms of collusion, I think the fact that Trump's errand boy Flynn was on the horn with the Russian ambassador making commitments to reconsider sanctions while they were working behind the scenes to benefit Trump's campaign is telling. It's also telling that nearly everyone involved in the Trump campaign who had contact with the Russians was compelled to lie about that fact and deny it. Not all of the details are public, but team Trump did a spectacular job of giving the appearance of collusion.

Back
Top Bottom