• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Former 9/11 Commission Gives Bush/Congress a "Report Card"

stsburns said:
Stop making this a Bush thing. Congress and the Senate are quite capable of creating laws, and so is Bush. But the fact of the matter is THEY DID NOTHING! I rephrase it, they did hardly anything!
You've got to be living in a same world as Bush, you really think Bush is capable of anything other than being a complete moron?
Bush is elected to office with the responsibility of protecting the saftey and security of the country. It is his, and any other president's, responsibility to make sure that such security is achieved. Thus far he has done nothing but create a more insecure America and a world that is now hateful of the US. All he has done with response to safty of America is creating a Department of Homeland Security so that he can scapegoat any reponsibility when it comes to future terrorist attacks.

A Transcript
Calvin Trillin

PHONE CONVERSATION BETWEEN THE 9/11 COMMISSION AND THE WHITE HOUSE CONCERNING THE COMMISSION'S BLISTERING REPORT CARD ON HOW WELL ITS RECOMMENDATIONS HAVE BEEN FOLLOWED

Commission:
So firemen can talk to cops,
You must provide a frequency.
The fact that this has not been done
Is government delinquency.

White House:
Iraq is coming right along.
We're confident we'll win this war.
The way to honor lads we've lost
Is stick it out (and lose some more).

Commission:
Disaster funds are handed out
By pork, not risk, and, by the way,
The loose nukes that so worried us
Are getting looser every day.

White House:
Our troops are making progress now,
And trained Iraqis have increased.
We win the battles that we fight.
We've taken some towns twice at least.

Commission:
Still, air freight cargo goes unchecked,
And information goes unshared.
We told you then, we tell you now:
The USA is unprepared!

White House:
Saddam--that evil, awful man
-- Is captured, living in a cell.
Democracy will spread from there.
The Middle East will soon be swell.

Commission:
We have to say, upon reflection,
There's something wrong with this connection.

ROTFLMAO.......Sounds like every talk I've heard Ken 'Pull String Toy' Mehlman ever make. :lol: :rofl

scottyz said:
Bush did nothing either. Bush is supposed to be the President who is tough on terror and if Congress isn't going to take action, he should.
Stop repeating! I said that! Have you been paying attention?

jfuh said:
You've got to be living in a same world as Bush, you really think Bush is capable of anything other than being a complete moron?
Bush is elected to office with the responsibility of protecting the saftey and security of the country. It is his, and any other president's, responsibility to make sure that such security is achieved. Thus far he has done nothing but create a more insecure America and a world that is now hateful of the US. All he has done with response to safty of America is creating a Department of Homeland Security so that he can scapegoat any reponsibility when it comes to future terrorist attacks.
I'm sorry for your own insecurities, but hey thats your problem. About scapegoating against terrorist attacks, how many attacks have happended on AMERICAN SOIL since 9/11? Can you give me some? So who's scapegoating who jfuh? What about giving drivers lisences to illegal imagrants, giving American rights to people who are clearly not American, and allowing knives back on air planes? Who's fault is that, all knowing one? :rolleyes:

stsburns said:
I'm sorry for your own insecurities, but hey thats your problem. About scapegoating against terrorist attacks, how many attacks have happended on AMERICAN SOIL since 9/11? Can you give me some? So who's scapegoating who jfuh? What about giving drivers lisences to illegal imagrants, giving American rights to people who are clearly not American, and allowing knives back on air planes? Who's fault is that, all knowing one? :rolleyes:
How often did terrorist attacks occur before 9/11? Just because there has not been one yet hardly signifies that there would not be one. Giving driver's lisences to illegal immigrants, wait a sec, isn't it Bush Inc. that is pushing forward to the allowance of illegals to work? Afterall they do all the jobs that American's don't want.
Allowing knives back on planes. Um, nail clippers hardly constitute being knives. Nevertheless, yes I ask you, who indeed is it that is the president incharge of all this?

jfuh said:
How often did terrorist attacks occur before 9/11? Just because there has not been one yet hardly signifies that there would not be one. Giving driver's lisences to illegal immigrants, wait a sec, isn't it Bush Inc. that is pushing forward to the allowance of illegals to work? Afterall they do all the jobs that American's don't want.
Allowing knives back on planes. Um, nail clippers hardly constitute being knives. Nevertheless, yes I ask you, who indeed is it that is the president incharge of all this?
Its been 4 years and I haven't seen another attack on American soil. True just because their hasn't been one, doesn't mean their isn't going to be one, but just the hightend security during hightend threat levels. Anyone who did do something during that time would be stupid. About illegals getting drivers licenses, sorry that's was a Democrat? Not Bush Inc. :shock:
Advocacy groups are counting on Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to make good on his promise to reconsider a law giving illegal immigrants the right to drive, as long as security issues are adequately addressed. Petitions in support of a new bill were dropped off at the governor's office on Wednesday.

Sen. Gil Cedillo, D-Los Angeles, has pushed for similar laws several times in the past. Senate Bill-60, which he authored, was signed into law just before Gov. Gray Davis left office last year. Schwarzenegger made rescinding SB-60 one of his first orders of business when he became governor.

http://www.kxtv10.com/storyfull.asp?id=6347
About scissors and other sharp objects being allowed on airplanes Here is the site to find things that are allowed. Look for yourself---\/.
http://www.tsa.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/Permitted_Prohibited_9_6_2005.pdf

stsburns said:
Its been 4 years and I haven't seen another attack on American soil. True just because their hasn't been one, doesn't mean their isn't going to be one, but just the hightend security during hightend threat levels. Anyone who did do something during that time would be stupid. About illegals getting drivers licenses, sorry that's was a Democrat? Not Bush Inc. :shock:

About scissors and other sharp objects being allowed on airplanes Here is the site to find things that are allowed. Look for yourself---\/.

The amount of time since 9/11 has nothing to do with it... its not as if we have been attacked every 4 years in our history....

The Security 'THREAT LEVEL' is always heightened......Its actually just to keep the American people scared so they can back the current administration.. in my opinion.

Yeah, your just talking about California... have you no clue about the President's plan for illegals and thier work program "To do the jobs Americans wont do" and all that crap???

Yes.. Im going to hijack a plane with a pair of scissors, a man can't even go schitzo on a plane without getting shot by the Air Marshals.

Caine said:
The amount of time since 9/11 has nothing to do with it... its not as if we have been attacked every 4 years in our history....

The Security 'THREAT LEVEL' is always heightened......Its actually just to keep the American people scared so they can back the current administration.. in my opinion.

Yeah, your just talking about California... have you no clue about the President's plan for illegals and thier work program "To do the jobs Americans wont do" and all that crap???

Yes.. Im going to hijack a plane with a pair of scissors, a man can't even go schitzo on a plane without getting shot by the Air Marshals.
Whatever happend to your source? :roll:

stsburns said:
Whatever happend to your source? :roll:

What source? Did I mention a Source??????
Source on what issue????

Caine said:
What source? Did I mention a Source??????
Source on what issue????
The sources for your rant! I gave you mine, I would expect the same from someone else.

stsburns said:
The sources for your rant! I gave you mine, I would expect the same from someone else.

Jeb backed plan for licenses for Illegals in FLA.
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/04/13/State/License_plan_for_ille.shtml

Bush allowed 8 million workers to stay
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36496
http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=4176

Bush continues to support worker plan
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/28/bush.immigration/

You have to read down a little bit to see what im talking about in that link above...

Man shot by Air Marshal
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/07/airplane.gunshot/

My schitzo comment was a joke, but it does say that they couldn't confirm if he had a mental illness.

Caine said:
Jeb backed plan for licenses for Illegals in FLA.
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/04/13/State/License_plan_for_ille.shtml
Keep bringin in the family? Jeb is not George?
Bush allowed 8 million workers to stay
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36496
http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=4176
National Vangaurd sourced their story to the Washington Times which was on a webpage made in 2004? Its old news, but if you would like me to look up the house votes on the issue I will be happy to go find them.
Bush continues to support worker plan
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/28/bush.immigration/

You have to read down a little bit to see what im talking about in that link above...
Read your own article man!

"Bush endorsed building more jail cells to hold those caught inside the United States illegally, speeding up deportations, cracking down on fraudulent papers and "hardening" the border with additional officers, fences and monitoring devices."

"Bush also urged Congress to back his proposal for a temporary-worker program, a long-standing idea he said would match legal immigrants with employers "to fill jobs that Americans will not do."

"But he said the program would not provide a path to citizenship for those who entered the country illegally, saying that doing so would encourage other would-be migrants to cross the border."

"Bush also said he would crack down on U.S. businesses that hire illegal immigrants, saying American employers "have an obligation to abide by the
law." Your CNN.com source
Man shot by Air Marshal
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/07/airplane.gunshot/

My schitzo comment was a joke, but it does say that they couldn't confirm if he had a mental illness.
What is your point?

stsburns said:
National Vangaurd sourced their story to the Washington Times which was on a webpage made in 2004? Its old news, but if you would like me to look up the house votes on the issue I will be happy to go find them.

Read your own article man!

What is your point?

I like how you failed to high-light the part in that article that I specifically posted it for.

Yes, and I think something that happened before Arnie took governor of California is also old news...... how does your foot taste????

You also failed to actually address the issue of Jeb supporting a bill for illegals to get Drivers Licenses.......just shrugged it off as old news when YOU posted stuff of before Arnold was in office... funny..

You asked for sources... so I included the one about the guy getting shot... since you were not specific on what sources you wanted.

Caine said:
I like how you failed to high-light the part in that article that I specifically posted it for.
I did that because it was understood what you wanted me to read off the article?
Yes, and I think something that happened before Arnie took governor of California is also old news...... how does your foot taste????
Explain?
You also failed to actually address the issue of Jeb supporting a bill for illegals to get Drivers Licenses.......just shrugged it off as old news when YOU posted stuff of before Arnold was in office... funny..
I used your source!? And your sources Source? :confused:

You asked for sources... so I included the one about the guy getting shot... since you were not specific on what sources you wanted.
What is your point about the guy getting shot on the airplane? That was all I asked?

stsburns said:
I did that because it was understood what you wanted me to read off the article?
Explain?
I used your source!? And your sources Source? :confused:

What is your point about the guy getting shot on the airplane? That was all I asked?

1. Good.

2. You told me my source about the Jeb issue was from 2004... were you referring to the fact that it was old news or something?

3. The guy being shot was brought up about the scissors being allowed on Airplanes...... With the kinda actions like the man being shot for talking about a bomb that didn't exist, I have confidence that a man with scissors isn't going to cause too many problems, if so, I'll handle him myself.

Caine said:
:2wave:
2. You told me my source about the Jeb issue was from 2004... were you referring to the fact that it was old news or something?
yes the website that wrote the article that you used as your source, USED the Washington Times article that was copywritten in 2004?
3. The guy being shot was brought up about the scissors being allowed on Airplanes...... With the kinda actions like the man being shot for talking about a bomb that didn't exist, I have confidence that a man with scissors isn't going to cause too many problems, if so, I'll handle him myself.
:rofl Thanks for the laugh! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
stsburns said:
yes the website that wrote the article that you used as your source, USED the Washington Times article that was copywritten in 2004?

Yeah, which shows that Jeb supported illegals getting driver licenses.... I was making a point on the fact that both parties have people who support dumb things for illegals. Attacking one group isn't enough.

stsburns said:
Yes shock!! :shock:
Of course giving out work permits to illegals would deffinetly not involve giving out drivers liscense. Just let them walk to work right?

stsburns said:
OMG scissors with blunt tips which are mostly used by school kids in paper cutting projects, god forbid! Again I ask you, who does TSA answer to? It's Bush Inc.'s watch, stop scapegoating the question.

Back
Top Bottom