• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Force behind Arizona’s ‘show me your papers’ law dead at 75 [NOT RIP]

Hamish Howl

Horrible Bastard
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

PHOENIX (AP) — Russell Pearce, a Republican lawmaker who was the driving force behind Arizona’s landmark 2010 immigration legislation known as the “show me your papers” law and other anti-immigrant measures, has died. He was 75.

womp womp. Good night, Mr Gestapo man!

Had to jump in an get dibs on a death to make an anti-RIP thread, eh? All because he tried to actually do something about a serious problem on his state? From your own link:

"Pearce rose to brief national prominence more than a decade ago while advocating for tougher border policies for Arizona, one of the busiest hubs for illegal immigration in the United States."

Had to jump in an get dibs on a death to make an anti-RIP thread, eh? All because he tried to actually do something about a serious problem on his state? From your own link:

"Pearce rose to brief national prominence more than a decade ago while advocating for tougher border policies for Arizona, one of the busiest hubs for illegal immigration in the United States."

Arizona border “one of the buses hubs for illegal immigration in the US” compared to where? Iowa? Alabama? Indiana?

Of course it is. That appears to surprise you. Where do you live? Honestly, where do you live?

Tell us about your border visits in Arizona. Wait, you don’t need to know about the Arizona from personal experience, you’ve got the far-right media to tell you what you think.

The Arizona border is a massive and vast issue. It is complex geographically, socially, environmentally, ecologically, economically and diplomatically.

Pearce was a right-wing nutter.

Arizona border “one of the buses hubs for illegal immigration in the US” compared to where? Iowa? Alabama? Indiana?

Of course it is. That appears to surprise you. Where do you live? Honestly, where do you live?

Tell us about your border visits in Arizona. Wait, you don’t need to know about the Arizona from personal experience, you’ve got the far-right media to tell you what you think.

The Arizona border is a massive and vast issue. It is complex geographically, socially, environmentally, ecologically, economically and diplomatically.

Pearce was a right-wing nutter.
I didn't realize quoting from the AP, which was linked by the OP himself, could illicit such an unhinged rant.

You're trying to hard to not address the point.

I already addressed the initial point.

The second point I addressed is that you don’t know your hole from an ass in the ground.

What is the name of the state in which you live?

No one will miss Russell Pearce, a completely vile person. Most people don't know about the shenanigans he pulled during his recall election, like paying a completely uninformed and unqualified hispanic woman (Olivia Cortes)to run, in an attempt to dilute the votes, or the guy attacked with the lock, or his swine brother Lester. I've forgotten so much about this ass-clown, his triple dipping on salary, etc. Also, he was a mentor for a violent white nationalist, J.T. Ready, who murdered his wife and children and a few others (including an infant) before offing himself.

He was a racist POS, glad he is gone.

Last edited:
I already addressed the initial point.

The second point I addressed is that you don’t know your hole from an ass in the ground.

What is the name of the state in which you live?
You didn't address the point. Why should a state that has high levels of illegal immigration not take steps to address the problem?

If you read a bit about this scum bucket, the state turned on him, he was recalled and lost all attempts to get back into politics.... :rolleyes:

Arizona maybe one of the busiest hubs, but the state rejected Pearce. His brief rise was a stain on Arizona and the state soon rejected him. His solution turned out to be unpalatable to the voters and in the end the voters had the final say.... :unsure:

Sad little fact, Arizona lags behind states far from the southern border. Visa overstays are constantly the biggest illegal immigrant category and they ain't flying into Phoenix .... ✌️

If you can't crap on the graves of your enemies, why do we bother with graves at all?

I got a covid shot and all of my distant ancestors are dead. Coincidence?
You're just asking questions! Is it still okay to ask questions in Murica, libz?

Edit: lest anyone else think I'm serious here about someone legitimately questioning whether getting the COVID vaccine might have killed their already dead ancestors, I'm not. ;)

Last edited:
You're just asking questions! Is it still okay to ask questions in Murica, libz?

It sure is ok but it's also ok for people to strongly disagree with those questions and in turn question the motives behind the questions.

It sure is ok but it's also ok for people to strongly disagree with those questions and in turn question the motives behind the questions.
Check for sarcasm ;)

The border issue isn't as simple as the GOP wants their voters to think.
GOPs walked away from the 2013 agreement. GOPs supported right-wing dictators for a century that caused today’s immigrant problem.

You didn't address the point. Why should a state that has high levels of illegal immigration not take steps to address the problem?
Why didn’t the state do this under the last 14 years of GOP governors and 26 of the last 32. Your GOPs shouldn’t have walked away from the 2013 agreement.

Back
Top Bottom