• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forbes Fabricates Figures

Which has what to do with what? This is just another inane non-sequitur.

Having credibility Dude. Not being a liar.

"If you like your health insurance you can keep it."

"Al Qaeda is being decimated."

"Al Qaedas is on the run."

"If you like your infantry training, you can keep it."

“The day after it happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism.”

“If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.” (2009 Re: referring to the pace of economic recovery.)

“Guantanamo will be closed no later than one year from now.”

“It’s here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.”

It appears to have been a survey taken by a professional organization, among their own members, which happen to be doctors. I'm not sure what your beef is with them taking the survey with a cross-sampling of their own members. I haven't seen anyone claim that it was a professional survey, nor that it was scientifically done. The Forbes piece links quite a few links, addressing various issues wrt the effect that obamacare is expected to have on doctors themselves.
First, they clearly misrepresented the "three-fourths" crosstabs deal, as I explained above and as anybody can see if they look at the poll numbers and do the math. Personally I do not like major media outlets like Forbes lying to the public.

Second, a major media outlet should not be reporting a half-assed poll or survey, except perhaps with great discretion and lots of disclaimers. You can do a poll to come out just about anyway you want -- not ethical, but it can and has been done. But clearly Forbes is opposed to Obamacare and is not exercising proper ethical efforts in the reporting of issues associated with it. That would be the bias.

But they are accurately excluding them, by assuming that since that group said they were unsure of the number they meant none or zero. They can't do what they did -- it is unethical math, and it is almost certainly incorrect by a factor of at least two. Given the uncertainty of the 33.5% group, they should not have made the "three fourths" calculation at all.

But they did, because they wanted the bias. Obamacare bad . . . . . .
We will find out over time whether it is bad, or good. It's not off to a good start and POTUS is already making adjustments to it.
This is what happens when something with thousands of pages is rushed through without knowing all the facts
I agree the poll is not 100% accurate, but believe it reflects a trend nation wide that is very alarming and people need to wake up.

Back
Top Bottom