• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For what purposes do Democratic politicians protect guns at all costs?

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
With respect:

**** This isn't a gun control thread.

The correct answers are:

1. Political power

2. Economic power

Those overlap and apply at all levels.

A. Republicans protect guns at all costs because guns are one of their main issues.

B. Democrats protect guns at all costs because being slightly for gun controls is one of their main issues.

C. Democrats and Republicans protect guns at all costs because guns are one of the main ways that America maintains economic and political power internationally.

Not much room for debate when the op starts out with agree with me or you’re wrong.

With respect:

**** This isn't a gun control thread.

The correct answers are:

1. Political power

2. Economic power

Those overlap and apply at all levels.

A. Republicans protect guns at all costs because guns are one of their main issues.

B. Democrats protect guns at all costs because being slightly for gun controls is one of their main issues.

C. Democrats and Republicans protect guns at all costs because guns are one of the main ways that America maintains economic and political power internationally.

Oh, that explains that...🤪

Oh, that explains that...🤪

With respect:

Excellent counterpoints and counterargument. As a "progressive," are you really just a Democrat?

Not much room for debate when the op starts out with agree with me or you’re wrong.

With respect:

You complain. I haven't seen you debate.

With respect:

Excellent counterpoints and counterargument. As a "progressive," are you really just a Democrat?
I vote D because they are closest to my desires while still maintaining a chance to win. Because I live in CA I have the good fortune of being able to cast 'virtue' votes while still being comfortable that R's won't win. I do not believe that voting for a third party is a protest or wasted vote if you believe that person best represents your wishes. But I have also found that voting against someone who doesn't give you 100% of what you want will sometimes deliver you a representative that gives you 90% of what you don't want.

I vote D because they are closest to my desires while still maintaining a chance to win. Because I live in CA I have the good fortune of being able to cast 'virtue' votes while still being comfortable that R's won't win. I do not believe that voting for a third party is a protest or wasted vote if you believe that person best represents your wishes. But I have also found that voting against someone who doesn't give you 100% of what you want will sometimes deliver you a representative that gives you 90% of what you don't want.

With respect:

That has absolutely nothing to do with Democrats protecting guns at all costs, and you trying to counter with an 'emoticon.'

With respect:

You complain. I haven't seen you debate.
Pointing out you are not looking for debate but rather just having people parrot your opinion back to you is not a complaint. If you take it as such then you should reevaluate your stance. Not doing what you want or being bound to make constitutional laws is not equal to protecting guns at all costs.

Pointing out you are not looking for debate but rather just having people parrot your opinion back to you is not a complaint. If you take it as such then you should reevaluate your stance. Not doing what you want or being bound to make constitutional laws is not equal to protecting guns at all costs.

With respect:

I welcome challenges to my commentary, so your comment is incorrect. I wish that people here actually challenged my commentary in a good way.

With respect:

I welcome challenges to my commentary, so your comment is incorrect. I wish that people here actually challenged my commentary in a good way.

Starting off with “ the correct answer is” in no way welcomes challenges. You say you want to be challenged in some good way, however when you fail to show any openness to grow when you are challenged and instead plug your ears and stomp your feet in denial.

Starting off with “ the correct answer is” in no way welcomes challenges. You say you want to be challenged in some good way, however when you fail to show any openness to grow when you are challenged and instead plug your ears and stomp your feet in denial.

With respect:

You're free to counter my commentary, but please quit your sniveling.

With respect:

You're free to counter my commentary, but please quit your sniveling.

I have no need to try and talk rationally to an irrational person, and anyone who asks a question then claims there only two right answers is an irrational person. Show you have a willingness to learn and I will be happy to teach you. If you insist on keeping your eyes shut and ears closed then no one can help you

I have no need to try and talk rationally to an irrational person, and anyone who asks a question then claims there only two right answers is an irrational person. Show you have a willingness to learn and I will be happy to teach you. If you insist on keeping your eyes shut and ears closed then no one can help you

With respect:

Post something with some substance.

With respect:

That has absolutely nothing to do with Democrats protecting guns at all costs, and you trying to counter with an 'emoticon.'
Which political party starts gun legislation and which party stops it?

Back
Top Bottom