• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For teen girls, abortion linked to better outcomes vs. giving birth[W:548]

Learn biology please before you mouth off in ignorance. Pregnancy does not create offspring. Sexual reproduction already did that.

I think men and women who don't want to create offspring should not be having sex without multiple redundant layers of sterilization and medication and physical barrier devices... And even then they should know those can fail and then they should take responsibility for the offspring they created like reasonable human beings instead of killing for their own benefit like dumb ****ing animals who belong in a cage.

I think if boys and girls want to pretend to be men and women then I guess they should have to act the part should the logical outcome come to pass.

You should learn the English language. The term offspring refer's to born humans.

Speaking of ignorance of Biology, and just ignorance in general, a single human cell is different than a born human.

You clearly do not because you think pregnancy creates offspring.

If we can charitably call that thinking.

Of course carrying a pregnancy to term can result in the creation of offspring. What were you "thinking" ?

Why is it that the only arguments anti-aborts seem to be able to make are either not arguments at all (restating the premise or assuming the premise - "its a baby because its a baby"), fallacy, or through disingenuous bastardization of the English language ?

Of course carrying a pregnancy to term can result in the creation of offspring. What were you "thinking" ?

No, pregnancy does nothing to "create offspring" since they have already been created.

Please refrain from stupidity and nonsense.

No, pregnancy does nothing to "create offspring" since they have already been created.

If we consider insemination that takes place inside a female mammal to be part of pregnancy, as much as birth is a part of pregnancy, it does create offspring.

I wouldn't say that artificial insemination in a test tube is part of gestation, nor would I say that the fertilization of eggs is part of pregnancy in other species.

So, where do you draw the line?

If we consider insemination that takes place inside a female mammal to be part of pregnancy, as much as birth is a part of pregnancy, it does create offspring.

I wouldn't say that artificial insemination in a test tube is part of gestation, nor would I say that the fertilization of eggs is part of pregnancy in other species.

So, where do you draw the line?

A Homo sapiens lifespan begins at fertilization.

Pregnancy does not begin until implantation.

Neither of these are matters for "consideration," just facts you should know.

I disagree. These are matters for consideration.

Legally, one is not endowed with any rights until birth.

Even if it is the case that one believes teenage girls to be better off sexually repressed than to abort, according to this study it is better for some teenage girls to abort than it is for them to give birth. Ethical concerns notwithstanding, society does not personally reward people for breeding. Instead, society gives individuals who breed a license to forcefully take money from other individuals.

I am surprised by pro life people who don't think that there should be an entitlement program for poor parents. Even if birth is a miracle, there is still the pragmatism of everyday life. Why should anyone, including Conservatives, suppose that society should have the authority to tell a woman what to do with her body, but not fund that decision? Perhaps that line of thinking is reserved for people who suppose that only rich people beget rich people, and only poor people beget poor people, and it should stay that way, keep you and your baby's money-grubbing fingers out of my cash, thank you very much.

Perhaps in your made up fantasy world your offspring are single celled organisms (and all the rest of the cells in your body are also your children/offspring) .... speaking of stupidity and nonsense :)

In the world in which normal people live, offspring are their children - born humans rather than single celled eukaryotes.

Last edited:

How can the lifespan of a human begin ... when that human does not yet exist ? Silly Rabbit ... Trix are for kids !!

I disagree. These are matters for consideration.

Your agreement with reality is not required for it to be reality.

You considering the sum of 2+2 to be a debate topic does not mean it is so.

Perhaps in your made up fantasy world your offspring are single celled organisms (and all the rest of the cells in your body are also your children/offspring) .... speaking of stupidity and nonsense :)

In the world in which normal people live, offspring are their children - born humans rather than single celled eukaryotes.

Absolute stupidity. :roll:

Hey JayDubya, guess what's worse than stupidity.

The answer: fallacy.

In fact the stupidity is not in making a consistent argument which clashes with your belief. The stupidity is not recognizing a common argument that not all human cells enjoy the legal privileges of people who are born.

For the unborn child...not so much.

I realize that your made up fantasy world - where single celled organisms are the offspring of humans rather than born children - is absolute stupidity.

What part of this Ph.D Biologists commentary did you not understand ?
I don't know any biologist who would classify a single cell from a Homo sapiens as a Homo sapiens. *Even a zygote, which may have the *potential* to become a Homo sapiens, but is not an organism by any stretch of the imagination, is not considered an individual Homo sapiens by any members of the scientific community that I know.

Back
Top Bottom