• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flynn’s attorney is a farce

A false statement made to investigators is not actionable unless its material to the investigation.
In other words, the statement must be pertinent to what is under investigation.
If the statement is not pertinent to the investigation, that fact must be disclosed to the defense as that fact thus becomes exculpatory to the allegation.

Your cloud didn't descend.

It's still up there.

Had it descended it would be a complete fog.

Perhaps it was the 100's of contacts with Russian operatives by the campaign while the Russians were doing their meddling? Ya think? Flynn also took $500,000 from a oligarch close to Putin for his unreported agency with the Turkish Govt. which turned out to be helping advance Russian interests.

Flynn’s Turkish lobbying linked to Russia - POLITICO

Flynn met with the FBI in December. After the election.

And he lied to the FBI about discussing sanctions with the Russian ambassador. He still had not listed himself as a foreign agent either. He is obviously a traitor and an agent of Putin.

Disgraced Trump adviser Mike Flynn admits he worked as a “foreign agent” for the Turkish government - Vox

The claim is that he didn't properly file as a lobbyist for Turkey.
Its a violation that is rarely prosecuted.
The rest of the article presents no rationale for FBI investigation.

It is sedition when a foreign agent accepts a post an NSA advisor. Prison is too good for him.

The fact that the law is rarely prosecuted does not mean it isn't "rationale" to investigate.

It's still a crime, even if no one gets punished for it.

The Oversight request was dated in 2018.
The FBI was investigating in 2016.

Seriously? The questions are all about the Flynn’s actions in 2016. Seriously?

On November 16, 2016, I sent a letter to Vice President-Elect Mike Pence requesting that he, as head of the Trump Transition Team, produce information about individuals for whom
Pence again, expressing my grave concerns about General Flynn’s “apparent conflicts of
security clearance applications were submitted.
Two days later, I wrote to Vice President-Elect
acknowledged receipt of my letters, Vice President-Elect Pence failed to respond to either one.
interests” and work on behalf of foreign governments.
Although the Trump Transition Team
On March 16, 2017, our Committee confirmed that Michael Flynn, Jr. accompanied his father to Russia in December 2015, met with Russian officials there, and accepted business class
Jr. communicated directly with officials from RT, including an October 19, 2015, email
airline travel and hotel accommodations in Moscow.
We also determined that Michael Flynn Jr. communicated directly with officials from RT, including an October 19, 2015, email confirming that “RT will be delighted to cover4all expenses related to travel, transportation and accommodation for the duration of the event.”
Documents obtained by the Committee showed that Michael Flynn, Jr.’s father, General Flynn, failed to disclose the source of these Russian payments on the security clearance application that he submitted in January 2016, which is a potential felony. Documents also showed that General Flynn omitted other foreign contacts and travel from his application. For example, during our investigation of General Flynn’s involvement in promoting a Saudi-funded, joint U.S.-Russian nuclear power plan for the Middle East, we obtained confirmation from multiple sources that General Flynn omitted from his security clearance application significant
We do not know whether Michael Flynn, Jr., like his father, concealed the source of Russian payments for his trip to Moscow in 2015 when he submitted his security clearance application. We also do not know whether Michael Flynn, Jr., like his father, omitted other foreign contacts and trips, although news accounts have reported that Michael Flynn, Jr. “made several other forays abroad with his father.”6
foreign contacts and travel to the Middle East.
To investigate these issues further, I sent a letter to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

A boy could graduate school and the Flynn escape and evasion breakdance will still be going on.

Your obsession with school aged boys is disturbing and likely the source of that restraining order.

Flynn is the liar and traitor who Trump appointed a NSA advisor and kept him there for 2 weeks after being told by the FBI that he was "compromised". He accepted a $500,000 payment ostensibly to work for the Turkish Govt. but the money came from an oligarch close to Putin. In other words he was a perfect pick to be made privy to our most important secrets as NSA advisor. Don't you think?

Flynn’s Turkish lobbying linked to Russia - POLITICO

Has he been convicted of that?

Your obsession with school aged boys is disturbing and likely the source of that restraining order.

Putin Trump Rowers fly by night from thread to thread.

We've known for a very long time Trump and the Rowers will say anything, to include lies about the DD 214 armed forces routine separation documents and now falsehoods against other legal documents that don't exist in my life.

The Rowers do this sans limit, conscience, integrity, self respect. So as I'd posted, a precocious boy could graduate from his school and this Flynn Fiasco would still be running. Yet Flynn seems to be pursuing anything other than a Trump pardon that Trump is speaking positively about these dayze. This may be so because a pardon might not include Flynn's corrupt and dishonest son and documented partner in crime to include high treason against the United States.

Flynn the retired 3-star general and Felon continues to receive his full pension and benefits because the commander in chief declines to exercise his Constitutional and legal authority to terminate 'em. Neither will the commander in chief give the green light for a court martial of Flynn The Felon that could result in prison time and loss of all taxpayer annuities and benefits.

These are your guys in fact: Putin, Trump, Flynn et al.

So how's the borscht today?

Create absolutely stupid, baseless, laughable claim
Watch right wing Trump supporters either believe it, or support it because they are corrupt
When it fails miserably, blame [Democrats, Deep State, Media, anyone but the actual corrupt individual or organization]
Claim victory, and wait for Trump's pardon to "make it right"

It sounds as though some of you are saying Flynn's current defense is "I had to lie to the judge multiple times or they were going to kill my whole family."

Does that pretty well sum up his argument?

After all, it is now AG Barr's DOJ that continues the prosecution. If Flynn was completely railroaded, why doesn't Barr step in and put a stop to it?

Seems to me that the lead attorneys can be given the word from on high "Your honor, never mind."

Back
Top Bottom