• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Senior Senator Marco Rubio (R) aims to mislead

Trippy Trekker

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Senator Rubio faces Rep. Val Demings (D) in the upcoming U.S. Senate race in Florida. He has stated Rep. Demings supports the right to an abortion up to the last day of a full term pregnancy.

I say “Quack! Quack! Not true.” What say you?

Senator Rubio faces Rep. Val Demings (D) in the upcoming U.S. Senate race in Florida. He has stated Rep. Demings supports the right to an abortion up to the last day of a full term pregnancy.

Of course it's a lie. He's a republican.

Val Demings told a Miami Herald reporter that she believes abortion should be available up to the point of viability. This comes from an NBC news item quoting the Miami Herald a paid subscription paper.

little marco
displaying the same integrity as lindsey graham
wonder if they share the same closet, too

It's interesting how the article goes to such great lengths to dissect a lot of points about what she supposedly said, but fails to dissect the bill she voted for which, as written, literally would allow every post-viability abortion right up to the point of birth.

It's interesting how the article goes to such great lengths to dissect a lot of points about what she supposedly said, but fails to dissect the bill she voted for which, as written, literally would allow every post-viability abortion right up to the point of birth.

Such elective abortions dont happen of healthy viable fetuses, so why call it out?

Several states in the US have no such restriction...and no such abortions take place.

It questions the sanity and intelligence of the people requesting it. And it demonstrates a huge disrespect of women. Why would a woman choose to kill the unborn then after suffering 9 months of pain and pregnancy? When an abortion at that point is more dangerous and painful than labor? Where would she find a doctor to do it? You cant force a doc to do so.

And when she could get $10,000-30,000 in a private adoption?

Such elective abortions dont happen of healthy viable fetuses, so why call it out?

Several states in the US have no such restriction...and no such abortions take place.

It questions the sanity and intelligence of the people requesting it. And it demonstrates a huge disrespect of women. Why would a woman choose to kill the unborn then after suffering 9 months of pain and pregnancy? When an abortion at that point is more dangerous and painful than labor?

And when she could get $10,000-30,000 in a private adoption?
Is it not funny how some anti-abortionists claim that some want abortion legal up until birth, but can never provide a single verifiable case when such an abortion was ever performed? Especially in states where there are few if any restrictions?

Gonna have to toss the BS flag on that one.

Rubio leads Demmings by a narrow margin in a Red State. He better watch what he says, but the following in Florida will not abandon him over lying about Demmings.

Val Demings told a Miami Herald reporter that she believes abortion should be available up to the point of viability. This comes from an NBC news item quoting the Miami Herald a paid subscription paper.
Big difference between that and up to the point of birth.

Is it not funny how some anti-abortionists claim that some want abortion legal up until birth, but can never provide a single verifiable case when such an abortion was ever performed? Especially in states where there are few if any restrictions?
Thank you!
Canada is a prime example.
Why can’t folks trust women to make their own decisions medically? Late term abortions are done in very wanted pregnancies, and it’s usually due to catastrophic health consequences.
I will call out the misogyny, too.
Women should not have to ask the government or strangers to “trust them.”

As much as some would wish it, we are objectively not children. I don’t need a “time out” to “rethink” my choice. It’s really patronizing.

Thank you!
Canada is a prime example.
Why can’t folks trust women to make their own decisions medically? Late term abortions are done in very wanted pregnancies, and it’s usually due to catastrophic health consequences.
Because some people have some psychological, delusional need to intrude in other people's personal business. I just don't get it. Many people think late term abortions are done electively, which they are not. Such willful ignorance is staggering.
I will call out the misogyny, too.
Women should not have to ask the government or strangers to “trust them.”
The government, nor anyone else other than a physician, should not be involved.
As much as some would wish it, we are objectively not children. I don’t need a “time out” to “rethink” my choice. It’s really patronizing.
Some are also ignorant enough to think the unborn are actual children too. Go figure.

Because some people have some psychological, delusional need to intrude in other people's personal business. I just don't get it. Many people think late term abortions are done electively, which they are not. Such willful ignorance is staggering.

The government, nor anyone else other than a physician, should not be involved.

Some are also ignorant enough to think the unborn are actual children too. Go figure.
I cannot imagine a man tolerating the same treatment. Talk about freedom and small government 😒

I cannot imagine a man tolerating the same treatment. Talk about freedom and small government 😒
Why a man should even have a say in a woman's personal medical decision, especially a total strangers, is beyond me.

Because some people have some psychological, delusional need to intrude in other people's personal business. I just don't get it
Half of them are just acting out of selfishness and magical nonsense, trying to punch their own tickets to heaven.

The other half just enjoy "owning the libs" and would definitely approve of someone getting an abortion, if it benefitted themselves or someone close to them.

But really, without the self absorbed religious squealers, the anti choice movement would not even be blip on the political radar.

Half of them are just acting out of selfishness and magical nonsense, trying to punch their own tickets to heaven.

The other half just enjoy "owning the libs" and would definitely approve of someone getting an abortion, if it benefitted themselves or someone close to them.

But really, without the self absorbed religious squealers, the anti choice movement would not even be blip on the political radar.
Indeed. I rarely, if ever, hear any anti-abortion argument that doesn't involve religion in some way. Or at the very least, some appeal to ignorance or emotion.

Indeed. I rarely, if ever, hear any anti-abortion argument that doesn't involve religion in some way. Or at the very least, some appeal to ignorance or emotion.

Anti-choice arguments often involve religion and almost always involve misogyny.

Back
Top Bottom