• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida Senate passes bill to strip Disney's special self-governing status

So it may be a waiting game, to see who jumps first to protect his wallet. You think it’ll be DeSantis, I think it’ll be Disney. Time will tell.
I don't think you understand much about this issue. You have some arbitrary timeline (based on nothing) within which you think Disney should have done something. I'm leaving this one to Disney. Their lawyers have a lot of practice.

I don't think you understand much about this issue. You have some arbitrary timeline (based on nothing) within which you think Disney should have done something. I'm leaving this one to Disney. Their lawyers have a lot of practice.

You’re the one who has implied that the current suits against DeSantis are going to make him desperate to let Disney have everything they want. But imo DeSantis is the one who’s in a good position to delay. Nothing’s going to happen there quickly.

In contrast, I think Disney’s under the gun as far as finding some way to stop losing money— you recall my post from Yahoo Finance, right?— without alienating the Progressives they were courting. That’s why i think Disney has been relatively silent. Maybe their legal position is as strong as you represent. But if they lose in the court of public opinion, are the lawyers’ victories worth the candle?

Lursa’s so scared of his humiliation that he’s futzed with his posts so I can’t leave him a direct reply.

Still, if he ever garners a little courage, the reply will still be: See post 156.

You’re the one who has implied that the current suits against DeSantis are going to make him desperate to let Disney have everything they want. But imo DeSantis is the one who’s in a good position to delay. Nothing’s going to happen there quickly.

In contrast, I think Disney’s under the gun as far as finding some way to stop losing money— you recall my post from Yahoo Finance, right?— without alienating the Progressives they were courting. That’s why i think Disney has been relatively silent. Maybe their legal position is as strong as you represent. But if they lose in the court of public opinion, are the lawyers’ victories worth the candle?
nope...did not.

I have no idea why Disney is not responding as quickly as you think they should, but you seem so certain.

nope...did not.

I have no idea why Disney is not responding as quickly as you think they should, but you seem so certain.

I agree that neither of us KNOWS the
Madness behind Disney’s methods, but given the information made public by Yahoo, it’s a subject ripe for speculation. It cannot have escaped that ninety percent of all posts here are speculative in nature (informal estimate).

Back
Top Bottom