• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First woman in the Air Force to lead a B-52 squadron

Whatever you say, you don't have any veteran status either, Mr Never Served. :ROFLMAO:
Your nervous laughing emoji reminds me of Kamalla Harris.

Explain it away anyway way you like, My Never Served. And by all means keep paying your taxes so you can pay me my retirement and my 100% military disability. I just had my disability increased to 100% . Thanks in advance.
My name is not "My Never Served" please address me by my screen name.

reported

Explain it away anyway way you like, My Never Served. And by all means keep paying your taxes so you can pay me my retirement and my 100% military disability. I just had my disability increased to 100% . Thanks in advance, an extra $3500 a month on top of my retirement pay. Today is a good day.
I am not sure gloating about all the money you are making helps... As a teacher I don't make a heck of a lot and as a volunteer fire fighter for almost 4 years I made nothing for helping to save a dozen+ lives as well as homes and buildings... and dogs and cats and birds, etc. and two horses.

I am not sure gloating about all the money you are making helps... As a teacher I don't make a heck of a lot and as a volunteer fire fighter for almost 4 years I made nothing for helping to a dozen+ lives as well as homes and buildings... and dogs and cats and birds, etc. and two horses.
I spent over 20 years in the military earning that money, My knees, ankles and back are done. I can barely stand up for more than a couple of hours. If you think that's gloating over getting my disability, then I don't know what to tell you.

I am not sure gloating about all the money you are making helps...
Some think that military disability check is a lot, is certainly isn't anything to brag about. But I suppose it all depends on what the person's cost of living is where they are located. Lots of places have low rent still, they just aren't nice places to live.

As a teacher I don't make a heck of a lot and as a volunteer fire fighter for almost 4 years I made nothing for helping to save a dozen+ lives as well as homes and buildings... and dogs and cats and birds, etc. and two horses.
Nothing wrong with earning an honest paycheck. My concern is that lots of people getting disablity are just gaming the system, especally in today's military. My wife has worked for a major defense contractor for nearly 40 years (level 5 engineer), and she tells me that today she doesn't see any younger ex military at her company who are not also getting a disability check from the government on top of their company pay. Today she said that 99% claim PTSD or some other ailment. A far cry different than the veterans from over a generation ago.

I spent over 20 years in the military earning that money, My knees, ankles and back are done. I can barely stand up for more than a couple of hours. If you think that's gloating over getting my disability, then I don't know what to tell you.
You didn't say that before.... before you were just talking about money. Just something to think about.

Some think that military disability check is a lot, is certainly isn't anything to brag about. But I suppose it all depends on what the person's cost of living is where they are located. Lots of places have low rent still, they just aren't nice places to live.

Nothing wrong with earning an honest paycheck. My concern is that lots of people getting disablity are just gaming the system, especally in today's military. My wife has worked for a major defense contractor for nearly 40 years (level 5 engineer), and she tells me that today she doesn't see any younger ex military at her company who are not also getting a disability check from the government on top of their company pay. Today she said that 99% claim PTSD or some other ailment. A far cry different than the veterans from over a generation ago.
Not sure how to answer other than off the cuff... today these guys are getting money for support/therapy whereas back in the day the guys went home and beat their wives and died of heart attacks and suicide more often.

I can empathize. I have bone on bone friction in my left knee (old football injury), and in my other leg constant nerve pain from an injury I got water skiing where my leg was ripped open while stupidly doing a dock start and I grazed the dock edge where there was large rusty bolt. DON'T ever do one of those.

I have compressed spinal disks, but will not do the surgery. Keeping my weight down and stretching seems to help, but hey, I'm in my '60s so who isn't banged up at that age anyway--- especially if you worked any phyisical jobs which I did for a couple of decades. But I still go bike riding twice a week and do at least 20 miles. I do all my own yardwork and homeowner repairs; was just today digging a trench for french drain along the back of my property, and I can still kick ass on many guys half my age LOL

Yeah, I hurt all the time, to the point where sometimes I need a cane in the morning until I warm up. However, I refuse to get a handicapped parking pass, eventhough my doctor says I qualify. I figure "handicapped" are for people missing legs and shit--- I'm not that. But hey, we are men right, so we just push on, right?

Not sure how to answer other than off the cuff... today these guys are getting money for support/therapy
Yeah, and most of that is a racket. I see it with law enforcement too. MANY are claiming early retirement and disability pensions for PTSD, but then get a side job and spend the rest of their time traveling.

whereas back in the day the guys went home and beat their wives and died of heart attacks and suicide more often.
That is overstated. Hard drinking maybe back in the day. But get up everyday and do a job and support a family.

My pop had one buddy who flew 25 missions as a machine gunner in a B17 over Germany and we never even knew about it until it was mentioned at his funeral. Talk about hairy shit, the mortality rate was less than 50% for those guys.

Had an uncle served under General Patton. The stories he used to tell... WOW! He never beat his wife; he was a church deacon and Boy Scout Scoutmaster.

I can empathize. I have bone on bone friction in my left knee (old football injury), and in my other leg constant nerve pain from an injury I got water skiing where my leg was ripped open while stupidly doing a dock start and I grazed the dock edge where there was large rusty bolt. DON'T ever do one of those.

I have compressed spinal disks, but will not do the surgery. Keeping my weight down and stretching seems to help, but hey, I'm in my '60s so who isn't banged up at that age anyway--- especially if you worked any phyisical jobs which I did for a couple of decades. But I still go bike riding twice a week and do at least 20 miles. I do all my own yardwork and homeowner repairs; was just today digging a trench for french drain along the back of my property, and I can still kick ass on many guys half my age LOL

Yeah, I hurt all the time, to the point where sometimes I need a cane in the morning until I warm up. However, I refuse to get a handicapped parking pass, eventhough my doctor says I qualify. I figure "handicapped" are for people missing legs and shit--- I'm not that. But hey, we are men right, so we just push on, right?
We've been going back and forth, but I had no idea you've been going through that kind of pain. We have the same sort of back issues, I cracked a couple of vertebrae in college playing football and you've done something similar. @Court Jester all bullshit side, I feel you brother and I hope you're feeling better. I feel you about all the work you do around your home, I do the same with my ****ed up knees and back. Glad you're biking and doing your own yard work. Honestly wishing you the best.

@armycowboy

Me too.... although my injuries I did not get paid for... Broken back, two slipped discs, broken ribs (3 once. 2 the second time), dislocated shoulders (2 left, 3 right), broken ankles (both), cracked heal (left), broken fingers Maybe 8 of them? Two major concussions and one minor one, broken elbow (left), grinding bone on bone in almost every joint now.. .. and more. It sucks. Extreme sports. I tell ya... even if you are good it is rough.

That is why I surf so much... water is more forgiving that running, etc.

Don't even start me on my animal encounters or situations that could have been far worse...

Last edited:
I’m sure if you survey everyone who serves in combat units, anonymously so that they can’t be retaliated against by the regime, you would see overwhelmingly they don’t think women should be in combat units.

Cool. Tell us again how women giving birth is the only thing they can do better than men.

The first female F-14 pilot Kara Hultgren turned out to be grossly unqualified but was promoted for political reasons.

She paid for that with her life.
This is a shame and a tragedy. Promotions of any kind in any industry should be based solely on merit.

This doesn't, however, negate the impressive accomplishments of fighter pilots such as the one I've cited, and if you know anything about TJ Shults, she was certainly met with resistance simply because of her gender.

Back
Top Bottom