• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fifth Child Dies (1 Viewer)

Blaming the Trump administration for border deaths is off-base

In May 2018, the American Civil Liberties Union reported from a review of 30,000 pages of documents they obtained that tens of thousands of unaccompanied minors who crossed into the U.S. from Mexico were repeatedly beaten, sexually abused, and deprived of food and medical care by Border Patrol agents between the years of 2009 to 2014 — that was during the Obama administration.

The U.S. government deserves criticism whenever it mistreats anyone in its custody. But the rage against Trump is currently untethered to the facts.

In May 2018, the American Civil Liberties Union reported from a review of 30,000 pages of documents they obtained that tens of thousands of unaccompanied minors who crossed into the U.S. from Mexico were repeatedly beaten, sexually abused, and deprived of food and medical care by Border Patrol agents between the years of 2009 to 2014 — that was during the Obama administration.

The U.S. government deserves criticism whenever it mistreats anyone in its custody. But the rage against Trump is currently untethered to the facts.

So, you could find no child deaths; huh? I told ya you wouldn't.

So, you could find no child deaths; huh? I told ya you wouldn't.

A sixth child has died now. Can you show where even one child died while in “border” custody during the previous administration?

I know you can’t. So, maybe you should retract. I know you won’t. But you should.

If you can show where you compared the previous administration to NAZIS for having people die while in their custody I will happily retract my statement and offer you a sincere apology. Until then your fake outrage and double standards stands as a true statement.

If you can show where you compared the previous administration to NAZIS for having people die while in their custody I will happily retract my statement and offer you a sincere apology. Until then your fake outrage and double standards stands as a true statement.

No child deaths in 8 years = not Nazis.

6 Child deaths in 2 years = Nazis

Duh

Duh

Apparently you’re ignorant of history so I will educate you a little. The Nazis didn’t just kill children. Now with that new information you will see how wrong your comparison is.

Apparently you’re ignorant of history so I will educate you a little. The Nazis didn’t just kill children. Now with that new information you will see how wrong your comparison is.

But, alas, you lost. So, carrying that goal post on your back only means you get a sore back.

But, alas, you lost. So, carrying that goal post on your back only means you get a sore back.

I’ve lost nothing and you’re still a hypocrite that should be ignored.

I’ve lost nothing and you’re still a hypocrite that should be ignored.

You lost because you cannot find a child dying in Border Control custody during the Obama years, just like I said you would not be able to find one. However, your boi Trump now has 6.

You lost because you cannot find a child dying in Border Control custody during the Obama years, just like I said you would not be able to find one. However, your boi Trump now has 6.

You still don’t seem to understand the NAZIS didn’t just kill children.

Take a look it’s in a book Reading Rainbow can be your friend.

Putting up a strawman will also not win you the argument that you already lost. :doh

Putting up a strawman will also not win you the argument that you already lost. :doh

Good thing I haven’t lost this argument and showed how hypocritical you are.

Get back to me when the law expects men to pay "minor support."

What did that have to do with what I said?

That was the end of all valid points you make. Anyhow, if you pay support - do you pay teenager support or child support?

OK, I am back to you with the government charging 16 year olds as adults for certain crimes.

Duh

Throwing non-white immigrant children out on the streets to die = Nazis

Taking non-white sick immigrant children to hospital = not Nazis

Duh

your hyperbole factor now mathematically exceeds 1000000
so NO, you are not right
Maybe we're supposed to care 5 6-millionths as much? :confused:

In fairness we'd have to subtract the expected number of deaths for the number of people in custody over the two year period. In the US, roughly 52 in 100,000 persons die between ages 1 and 19 (infant mortality is much higher), which is 2.89 per 100,000 per year for American minors. With American migrant detention centers handling roughly 440,000 migrants per year, 35% of which are between ages 1 and 19, for two years, the expected number of deaths would be 2.89 · 4.4 · 0.35 · 2 ~= 9 child deaths per year. Subtracted from 5, we conclude that detained immigrant children are significantly less likely to die than American children.

If 6 million deaths is Nazism, it follows that the present administration is negative 4 6-millionths Nazism.

@calamity: I take it this was your point? That we should all rejoice in the humanity of Pres. Trump's administration?

You mean biracial President Obama, that virtually all Democrats refuse to call biracial because under the Democratic Party's "One drop of black impurity bars a person from being even part white" slavery rule so must be called only "black?"
I thought the new rule was "Whatever you say you are is objectively what you are."

Most of the people giving themselves up at the border are fleeing the both violence and lack of economic opportunity. ... They contribute much more to the economy than they take out.
This is the polar opposite of the truth. Any objective, thorough analysis conducted in the past 30 years has concluded that illegal immigrants are a net draw on social resources, taking out more in benefits and services (e.g. policing) than the economy recoups in added labour. There's disagreement over how big of a net negative illegal immigrants are, and over how many generations the deficit persists, but the conclusion that illegals take more than they give is universal.

A century ago, when social services were only a shadow of what they presently are, the conclusion might well have been different. But in the cradle-to-grave paradise of 2019, John Q. Taxpayer is paying through the nose for each illegal migrant on a net basis. The deficit per migrant becomes even starker when specifically considering immigrants claiming refugee status. They're the economic equivalent of lead balloons. Often by no fault of their own, but you don't pile lead balloons onto a sinking boat if you're even slightly sane.

As far as I'm concerned, this alone is sufficient reason to deport border hoppers. The fact that the law is being upheld, the government is able to track who is and isn't in the country, foreign nationals with zero willingness to assimilate are being kept out, and the border is less permeable to foreign threats are mere bonuses.

OK, I am back to you with the government charging 16 year olds as adults for certain crimes.

OK, what is the age of criminal responsibility for those crimes then?

I believe that is below the normal death rate for 16 year olds in American society at large. He was no doubt compromised by his parents dragging him along on their journey into America’s land of milk and honey. How many piles of bleached bones are in the Sonoran desert that no one cares about?

You don't understand what the OPer is saying. If immigrant children were thrown out onto the streets, even if as healthy as American children are over 5 times more would die - and still much higher for sick immigrant children - plus no medical care he has to pay for in taxes.

The OPer's rant is that we don't throw sick immigrant children onto the streets to die, rather than spending massive amounts on medical care saving them. The OPer is advocating for letting sick immigrant children die.

Not enough immigrant are dying. Under his plan of no medical care lots would die - and it wouldn't cost anything. That's what the OPer's messages really are pushing for - lots of immigrant children to die for lack of medical care - saving taxpayers like him lots of money.

This is what the old white male Democrat OPer wants in his messages for sick non-white immigrant children: Dump them into an L.A. tent city where they have no food, walk in their own feces and die for lack of medical care. That wouldn't cost him no more than the cost of throwing the child's body into a furnace for cremation = exactly what Nazis would do.

Hitler had Jews die in their own racial ghettos - not just death camps - for lack of food, sanitation and medical care. That is exactly what the white Democrat OPer demands in his messages too. Must have the gold leaf edition of Mein Kampf.

Last edited:
This is the REAL topic of this thread:

The OPer's messages says non-white illegal immigrant children should be denied emergency medical care.

I say they should receive emergency medical care. American law enforcement and American medical personnel agree with me.

What say you?

The Democratic Party slave owners loved raping, beating and murdering their slaves. The Democrat Party still loves non-whites being raped, beaten and murdered. Somehow that is a real thrill for some white Democrats - unfortunately the loudest. That's why they advertise that the USA has an open border. When the rapists and murderers get here, then they rape and murder Americans. The Democratic Party is what it was - the party of slavery, oppression, rape, violence and murder.

The hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants expected to rush the U.S.-Mexico border this year will face over one million cases of rape, assault, murder, and kidnapping during their journey, according to a troubling new analysis.

The report on “predation and victimization of undocumented migrants” from Princeton Policy Advisors, provided to Secrets, gave a grim prediction of crimes the migrants will face. It said that the immigrants will be victimized an average of 1.4 times this year.
Report: Illegal immigration leads to 2,200 deaths, 118,000 rapes, 138,000 assaults

You don't understand what the OPer is saying. If immigrant children were thrown out onto the streets, even if as healthy as American children are over 5 times more would die - and still much higher for sick immigrant children - plus no medical care he has to pay for in taxes.

The OPer's rant is that we don't throw sick immigrant children onto the streets to die, rather than spending massive amounts on medical care saving them. The OPer is advocating for letting sick immigrant children die.

Not enough immigrant are dying. Under his plan of no medical care lots would die - and it wouldn't cost anything. That's what the OPer's messages really are pushing for - lots of immigrant children to die for lack of medical care - saving taxpayers like him lots of money.

This is what the old white male Democrat OPer wants in his messages for sick non-white immigrant children: Dump them into an L.A. tent city where they have no food, walk in their own feces and die for lack of medical care. That wouldn't cost him no more than the cost of throwing the child's body into a furnace for cremation = exactly what Nazis would do.

Hitler had Jews die in their own racial ghettos - not just death camps - for lack of food, sanitation and medical care. That is exactly what the white Democrat OPer demands in his messages too. Must have the gold leaf edition of Mein Kampf.
@calamity is sucking air in the OP, but don't go nuts. He's clearly just looking at one side of the equation, not looking at both sides and picking the side he believes causes more death and suffering.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
- Old English proverb

@calamity is sucking air in the OP, but don't go nuts. He's clearly just looking at one side of the equation, not looking at both sides and picking the side he believes causes more death and suffering.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
- Old English proverb

It is not stupidity on the OPers part in my opinion given the overall new thread start history. It is just baiting. Generally I don't care as generally it is harmless. To various degrees I've done so myself I suppose.

Actually I think this is just another deliberate baiting thread, so I am taking it at face value in terms of reality - and then applying that reality to his context of the question is "Who is the Nazi?" Simply, I'm treating the OP and following messages in that context.

The children did not die by being murdered by immigration officers nor by being housed in some death camp. They died in an American hospital while trying to save their lives - and that is his claim of "Nazis!" Therefore, I treat his claim for the reality of it in that context. The OPer is claiming the teenager died because he was taken to an American hospital because American hospitals are execution centers of undocumented immigrant children.

Nor is the the first thread he has started accusing American doctors and hospitals of being Nazis murdering immigrant children.

There is no pretending by the messages of giving a damn about immigrants, given the odds of an illegal immigrant being raped, assaulted or murdered before coming to the USA is statistically over 100%. The odds of that happening in US custody is 0%. So - at least by message history - there is not one iota of concern of immigrant children by this lack of ever posting any message of any kind of such concerns. It's just about ranting total raw hatred of the United States by any concoction. It is that simple.

While I normally don't care about baiting threads, this one is particularly real-life vicious and cruel towards doctors and medical personnel who treat these children and our immigration officers - which he claims are literally Nazis murdering the children - and towards the parents of the child by accusing them of taking their child to a death camp, ie American hospitals.

Last edited:
The OP does realize that detained illegals died under Obama, too, right? That Obama was sued for wrongful death, right?

Too much "Trump" on the brain to realize that. It's a sickness.

He'll have to get through "See Spot Run" first.

He'll have to get through "See Spot Run" first.

Well, since we are talking about children dying while under your government's detention, I'd like to know why you think a joke like that somehow seems appropriate to you.

"Har har, dead kids. Hey, have you heard the one about..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom