• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Feminism and Toilet Seats

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just a little political rant here, and there is some truth in what I am about to say, although I suspect that I will be getting my butt flamed off for this one. But hey, who says that politically correct is always correct? I hate political correctness for the sake of political correctness, so here I go. Other men in this forum, and I dont include lesbians in this group, will understand this. Those who dont are probably in the other group that hangs out with women as "friends", and share comments about what they think are cute guys. This post isnt for you, so feel to join the feminists in flaming me. Hey, before you get all bent out of shape, remember I didnt say I was going to be poltiically correct, so dont lecture me on the subject. OK? OK.

Ever have a woman tell you about her feminist views, and how you dont respect those views, and therefore dont respect her, and then call you a male chauvinist pig or other name because you dont understand, only to turn around and get mad at you because you left the toilet seat up? I mean, here she is, telling you how she is your equal in everything, and maybe even telling you she is better than you are, and yet she doesnt use the eyes and brains she says she has, and ends up with her butt taking a dunk in the toilet because she didnt look to see if the seat was up or down. Why should it be upon us guys to be a woman's eyes and brains anyways? In an era of equal rights, dont you think that a little bit of equal responsibility also applies? I dont know about any of the rest of you guys, but if a feminist yells "You made me fall in the toilet", my first impulse is to yell back "If you looked where you were going (pun intended), you would not have fallen in". I mean, is it so damn hard for a woman, before she sits down, to look at where she is about to sit, then if the seat is up, to put it down hereself before she sits?

Helen Reddy said:
I am strong
I am invincible
I am woman

yea, and you just got your butt handed to you by a toilet seat. Add another line to your song.....

"I am dumb"

danarhea said:
Ever have a woman tell you about her feminist views, and how you dont respect those views, and therefore dont respect her, and then call you a male chauvinist pig or other name because you dont understand, only to turn around and get mad at you because you left the toilet seat up? I mean, here she is, telling you how she is your equal in everything, and maybe even telling you she is better than you are, and yet she doesnt use the eyes and brains she says she has, and ends up with her butt taking a dunk in the toilet because she didnt look to see if the seat was up or down. Why should it be upon us guys to be a woman's eyes and brains anyways? In an era of equal rights, dont you think that a little bit of equal responsibility also applies? I dont know about any of the rest of you guys, but if a feminist yells "You made me fall in the toilet", my first impulse is to yell back "If you looked where you were going (pun intended), you would not have fallen in". I mean, is it so damn hard for a woman, before she sits down, to look at where she is about to sit, then if the seat is up, to put it down hereself before she sits?

yea, and you just got your butt handed to you by a toilet seat. Add another line to your song.....

"I am dumb"

LOL Frankly, everyone in my family (of both sexes) were taught to put everything down--the seat and the cover. It looks better. I do not like going into someone's bathroom and looking immediately into a toilet bowl. Yuck. Also, if you drop something and the cover is down, it won't fall in the toilet. Think about that Seinfeld episode when the toothbrush fell into the toilet. Gross. Had the cover been down--it would have fallen on the floor.

Most importantly is that one of my mom's friends had her child drown in a toilet bowl. The kid had leaned into the toilet and fell head first.

If the seat is up when I get there, it stays up when I leave, otherwise I put it down.

On the other hand, to many women these days it does not matter if the seat is up or down. There are so many fat ones that could not fall in if they tried.

Maybe they should start building queen size and king size toilets like they build beds. Imagine what a Kalifornia king size toilet would look like?:rofl

danarhea said:
Just a little political rant here, and there is some truth in what I am about to say, although I suspect that I will be getting my butt flamed off for this one. But hey, who says that politically correct is always correct? I hate political correctness for the sake of political correctness, so here I go. Other men in this forum, and I dont include lesbians in this group, will understand this. Those who dont are probably in the other group that hangs out with women as "friends", and share comments about what they think are cute guys. This post isnt for you, so feel to join the feminists in flaming me. Hey, before you get all bent out of shape, remember I didnt say I was going to be poltiically correct, so dont lecture me on the subject. OK? OK.

I do have to say something, not against your anti-pc thing (I think political correctness is just a phrase to be for or against, no one can really define it and it doesn't really mean anything, kind of like what my history professor says about people "taking personal responsibility", it doesn't mean anything, :rantoff:) Anyway, so any guy who doesn't agree with you is gay?

As far as I'm concerned, the whole feminist thing is hypocritical, "accept feminist view and respect them while we bash you and your male views"

Also, nobody sees guys getting all upset because she left the toilet seat down! (I heard that somewhere, I think Family Guy or something, so I can't take credit for it)

Old and wise said:
If the seat is up when I get there, it stays up when I leave, otherwise I put it down.

On the other hand, to many women these days it does not matter if the seat is up or down. There are so many fat ones that could not fall in if they tried.

Maybe they should start building queen size and king size toilets like they build beds. Imagine what a Kalifornia king size toilet would look like?:rofl

That is a lawsuit waiting to happen,
(in court)Lawyer: "And will you explain to us what happened to your wife because of this toilet?"
Witness: "We were coming home and she was in a tight and rushed to the bathroom, but she wasn't paying attention. She fell in and tried to get out, but she accidentilly grabbed the toilet lever and flushed herself"

HTColeman said:
I do have to say something, not against your anti-pc thing (I think political correctness is just a phrase to be for or against, no one can really define it and it doesn't really mean anything, kind of like what my history professor says about people "taking personal responsibility", it doesn't mean anything, :rantoff:) Anyway, so any guy who doesn't agree with you is gay?

As far as I'm concerned, the whole feminist thing is hypocritical, "accept feminist view and respect them while we bash you and your male views"

Also, nobody sees guys getting all upset because she left the toilet seat down! (I heard that somewhere, I think Family Guy or something, so I can't take credit for it)

I bolded the relevant part. No, I dont think that, but was just being a bit of a butthead by sneaking a few statements into the post in the spirit of Andrew Dice Clay. Call it unartistic license. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom