• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal judge orders Biden Administration the return of Trump era immigration policy.

Linuxcooldude

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
While at first it seems it would fix the border issue, I know in the past the Supreme Court ruled on Trump's Presidential authority on immigration control. If Biden should get the same authority. I still don't understand the reasoning behind it even though they explained it in the article.

While at first it seems it would fix the border issue, I know in the past the Supreme Court ruled on Trump's Presidential authority on immigration control. If Biden should get the same authority. I still don't understand the reasoning behind it even though they explained it in the article.

Trump’s “remain in Mexico” was/is an unpopular program for several totally valid reasons, but I reluctantly supported it because I viewed (and still do) the program as the lesser of two evils.

Sounds like it was a decision based primarily on procedural violations by the Biden administration.

If Biden would have said the day after the election, that he would keep that policy in place, we would have never seen any crisis on the border.

Not much to see here... his ruling won't stand... ignorant RWE reactionary member of the "Feudalist Society"... the Trump policy is inhumane and violated U.S. and international law.

"... record on hot-button political topics. Thanks to his work at First Liberty and his opinion writing, the senators who approved him in a party-line vote knew what they were getting. Kacsmaryk opposes same-sex marriage, believes Roe v. Wade was wrongly decided and doesn't believe that the federal government should guarantee legally available birth control to all Americans.

Some of Kacsmaryk most extreme views are summed up in an op-ed he wrote for the National Catholic Register in July 2015, shortly after the Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage in Obergefell v. Hodges. He argues that, in legalizing same-sex marriage, the federal courts wrongfully toppled the final of four pillars — permanence, exclusivity, procreation and sexual difference and complementarity — that Kacsmaryk believes should underpin all marriage law. Laws previously on the books against no-fault divorce, fornication, adultery and contraception should never have been ruled unconstitutional, he says."

"...On December 13, 2017, a hearing on his nomination was held before the Senate Judiciary Committee.[5] On January 3, 2018, his nomination was returned to the President under Rule XXXI, Paragraph 6 of the United States Senate.[6] On January 5, 2018, President Trump announced his intent to renominate Kacsmaryk to a federal judgeship.[7] On January 8, 2018, his renomination was sent to the Senate.[8] On January 18, 2018, his nomination was reported out of committee by an 11–10 vote.

The American Bar Association rated Kacsmaryk "qualified" for the nomination (a ranking below "well qualified"). However, Senate Democrats and a number of LGBT advocacy groups opposed his nomination due to his writings and comments on LGBT rights and women's contraceptive rights. He has worked on religious liberty cases opposing certain LGBT protections in housing, employment and health care. He has referred homosexuality as "disordered", and to being transgender as a "delusion" and a "mental disorder". He opposes the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion in the United States.

On January 3, 2019, his nomination was returned to the President under Rule XXXI, Paragraph 6 of the United States Senate. On January 23, 2019, President Trump announced his intent to renominate Kacsmaryk for a federal judgeship.[15] His nomination was sent to the Senate later that day.[16] On February 7, 2019, his nomination was reported out of committee by a 12–10 vote.On June 18, 2019, the Senate voted 52–44 to invoke cloture on his nomination. On June 19, 2019, his nomination was confirmed by a vote of 52–46.[2][14] He received his judicial commission on June 21, 2019.

Judge Kacsmaryk currently presides over the Amarillo Division of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, which encompasses twenty-six counties in the Texas Panhandle.[19]

Last edited:
Reload page to read contents of this expert's three tweets-
Intro:

Aaron Reichlin-Melnick
Policy Counsel at
@immcouncil
. Formerly immigration lawyer at
@LegalAidNYC
through
@IJCorps
. Views expressed here are my own. RTs =/= endorsements.

"This decision from a Trump-appointed judge is mad. It treats entirely serious the whitewashing reports on MPP from DHS and entirely ignores a mountain of evidence against the program, and violates basic principles of administrative law. Still reading it now."

Last edited:
If Biden would have said the day after the election, that he would keep that policy in place, we would have never seen any crisis on the border.

Take one step back,,, if you and your authoritarian worshipping ilk had never voted for Trump, the policy of the U.S. would still have been to assist the residents of central America to the degree they would not become desperate enough to risk making the long journey north...

Supporting links for your opinion?

Trump Turns U.S. Policy in Central America on Its Head - The ...

https://www.nytimes.com › World › Americas
Mar 30, 2019 — The Obama administration ramped up aid after a surge of Central American children arrived at the Texas border in 2014. Aid to the region doubled ...

What Trump Gets Wrong About Central American Aid - The ...

https://www.nytimes.com › 2019/04/01 › opinion › trump...
Apr 1, 2019 — The Trump administration's decision to cut off aid to El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras to punish their governments for failing to curb ...

Where Does Aid to Central America Go? Police Officers ...

Apr 1, 2019 — President Trump has called for cutting off aid to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, where many migrants are fleeing violence and poverty.

Trump Wants to Cut Aid to Central America. Here Are Some of ...

Apr 2, 2019 — President Trump, in his most recent rebuke of Central American nations for what he says is their failure to address the issue of migration, ...

Hurricanes Eta and Iota Ravaged Central America. Is a ...

Dec 4, 2020 — 2 Hurricanes Devastated Central America. ... spurred a mass exodus from Central America to the United States more than two decades ago.

The budget plan boosts funding to prevent future pandemics ...

https://www.nytimes.com › 2021/04/09 › us › biden-budg...
Apr 9, 2021 — Spending plans for the State Department, the U.S. Agency for ... to prevent future pandemics and stabilize Central American countries.

Devastation from Storms Fuels Migration in Honduras - The ...

Jun 7, 2021 Honduras has barely begun to recover from two hurricanes that hit late last year. With relatively little disaster relief from the U.S., ...

JULY 29, 2021
"...The Strategy is organized into five pillars:

• Pillar I: Addressing economic insecurity and inequality;
  • Pillar II: Combating corruption, strengthening democratic governance, and advancing the rule of law;
  • Pillar III: Promoting respect for human rights, labor rights, and free press;
  • Pillar IV: Countering and preventing violence, extortion, and other crimes perpetrated by criminal gangs, trafficking networks, and other organized criminal organizations; and
  • Pillar V: Combating sexual, gender-based, and domestic violence.
The Vice President and the Administration have already taken action – notable accomplishments include:..."

Last edited:
Take one step back,,, if you and your authoritarian worshipping ilk had never voted for Trump, the policy of the U.S. would still have been to assist the residents of central America to the degree they would not become desperate enough to risk making the long journey north...

Hold it right there pal... I didn't vote for Trump in 2016. Although if I had known then how well he ended up doing, I would have.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying if we would have paid those countries off, they would have never come to our border? Let's look at that logically for just a second...

If it's true that Obama was giving them aid and because of that, the people were content... Then you say Trump came into office and cut that aid off, making the people of those countries "desperate", and for this reason they are now coming to our borders in mass. Assuming all of that's true, there's something wrong with this picture. With Trump being voted out of office and Obama's VP now taking over, those people would have every reason to believe that the aid that Trump cut off, would be resumed by Biden... So why would all of those people decide to pack up and rush to our border, not before the election, but right after Biden won, knowing that the resurrection of Obama's policies would soon take place?

I think you know the answer to that question, but I don't expect you will acknowledge it. You will instead find some study that was cooked up to shift the blame from Biden's open border policy and lay it at the feet of Trump. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding plenty of them from the anti-Trump media and various leftist organizations, because BS leftist propaganda has become the order of the day for all of them.

Hold it right there pal... I didn't vote for Trump in 2016. Although if I had known then how well he ended up doing, I would have.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying if we would have paid those countries off, they would have never come to our border? Let's look at that logically for just a second...

If it's true that Obama was giving them aid and because of that, the people were content... Then you say Trump came into office and cut that aid off, making the people of those countries "desperate", and for this reason they are now coming to our borders in mass. Assuming all of that's true, there's something wrong with this picture. With Trump being voted out of office and Obama's VP now taking over, those people would have every reason to believe that the aid that Trump cut off, would be resumed by Biden... So why would all of those people decide to pack up and rush to our border, not before the election, but right after Biden won, knowing that the resurrection of Obama's policies would soon take place?

I think you know the answer to that question, but I don't expect you will acknowledge it. You will instead find some study that was cooked up to shift the blame from Biden's open border policy and lay it at the feet of Trump. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding plenty of them from the anti-Trump media and various leftist organizations, because BS leftist propaganda has become the order of the day for all of them.

After four years of neglect, you think its just like a faucet you can switch back on?

After four years of neglect, you think its just like a faucet you can switch back on?

You know as well as I, that those people packed up and headed for our border in droves as soon as Biden was elected, because they knew they would be allowed to stay in the US with Biden as president and not be deported back to Mexico.

When you say "neglect", are you saying that we (the US) neglected them? Last time I checked, there aren't any states in Central America. It's filled with several sovereign nations, and it's the responsibility of the governments of each of those nations to take care of their citizens, not ours.

You know as well as I, that those people packed up and headed for our border in droves as soon as Biden was elected, because they knew they would be allowed to stay in the US with Biden as president and not be deported back to Mexico.
There have been no studies on that (that I am aware of at least), so right now any ideas on motivation is speculation.
When you say "neglect", are you saying that we (the US) neglected them? Last time I checked, there aren't any states in Central America. It's filled with several sovereign nations, and it's the responsibility of the governments of each of those nations to take care of their citizens, not ours.

In this context, the US took on the responsibility to help them and then stopped, so neglect is the correct word.

Trump people created a massive border problem by blowing tax dollars on arresting people for working and paying taxes = dumb as hell = a tax increase.

Trump people busted up families = insensitive and dumb as hell.

Holding innocent human beings in a prison like setting costs taxpayers a lot of tax dollars which is wasting tax dollars galore = reckless indeed.

Private prison corporations are ripping off the USA taxpayer with permission from elected officials = shut down the private prison system NOW!!!!!

Biden doesn't think before acting due to his limited mental capacity. The man or woman behind the curtain is screwing things up bigly

Trump people created a massive border problem by blowing tax dollars on arresting people for working and paying taxes = dumb as hell = a tax increase.

Trump people busted up families = insensitive and dumb as hell.

Holding innocent human beings in a prison like setting costs taxpayers a lot of tax dollars which is wasting tax dollars galore = reckless indeed.

Private prison corporations are ripping off the USA taxpayer with permission from elected officials = shut down the private prison system NOW!!!!!
How can you be an '"innocent" human while breaking the law? Oxymoron much?

I can "lead you to water," but....

Central America's violent Northern Triangle in Trump's ...​

https://www.france24.com › France 24 › Live news

Jan 31, 2018 — San Salvador (AFP). Debate is raging in America over how to adapt the country's immigration laws -- a process that will invariably affect ...

May 1, 2018
"...The U.S. has already made a substantial investment in the development of Central America's Northern Triangle through its support of the Alliance for Prosperity, a regional initiative that seeks to reduce violence and spur economic development. Congress conditioned these monies on the three governments taking steps on migration, rule of law and transparency.
While the Trump administration has announced the end to Temporary Protected Status, which threatens to send many Central Americans living in the U.S. back to often dangerous local environments, it is also on record as endorsing a conditional-aid approach for development and better governance to get at the fundamental causes of the migration. In a newspaper op-ed this past June, then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and then-Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly were joined by the president of the Inter-American Development Bank in saying they saw encouraging early results from the Alliance for Prosperity.
"Creating an environment that accelerates private sector investment in the Northern Triangle countries benefits all involved — the United States and Mexico will see a decrease in the number of economic migrants illegally entering, and the Northern Triangle countries will benefit from increased economic prosperity and domestic cohesion," they wrote.
I couldn't agree more. Continued support to tackle the root cause is likely to be a more effective to the challenge of illegal immigration and regional security than billions spent on a wall that, over time, is likely to be both futile and extremely costly.

AfP Statement on Cuts to Northern Triangle Assistance ...​

https://www.allianceforpeacebuilding.org › afp-stateme...

Apr 1, 2019 — AfP Statement on Cuts to Northern Triangle Assistance ... When President Trump announced this decision on March 29, he stated, ...

Sept. 26. 2019

Not much to see here... his ruling won't stand... ignorant RWE reactionary member of the "Feudalist Society"... the Trump policy is inhumane and violated U.S. and international law.
You think that TRUMP is or was inhumane? What would you call yourself? I would bet that there is someone or a family in you neighborhood that is hungry. Do you feed them? Look around you, see that homeless persson, bring him into your home for as long as he wants to stay. It is quite possible that some guy down the block is sick and needs medical care, step up and pay for it. Get the picture? If you not doing any of this, you sound a lot like Trump, the inhumane.

You think that TRUMP is or was inhumane? What would you call yourself? I would bet that there is someone or a family in you neighborhood that is hungry. Do you feed them? Look around you, see that homeless persson, bring him into your home for as long as he wants to stay. It is quite possible that some guy down the block is sick and needs medical care, step up and pay for it. Get the picture? If you not doing any of this, you sound a lot like Trump, the inhumane.
Is your post incoherent or grossly inaccurate? You object to Trump being inhumane, or being described as inhumane, so you expect me, a poster in an internet forum to,

"...Look around you, see that homeless person, bring him into your home for as long as he wants to stay. It is quite possible that some guy down the block is sick and needs medical care, step up and pay for it. Get the picture? If you not doing any of this, you sound a lot like Trump, the inhumane."

I'm not inspector general of this U.S. federal executive agency, and I'm certainly not POTUS, Trump was. Puerto Rican victims of back to back, severe hurricanes are American citizens.

Continued from my last post...

The point here is, this is an example of what an OIG investigation, obstructed by Trump and members of his admin., determined Trump and his appointees were inflicting without precedent or other legal or regulatory grounds on American citizens residing in Puerto Rico, how is it unreasonable to describe Trump as inhumane, with intentionally inhumane domestic and foreign policies "coincidentally" targeting hispanic U.S. and central American nationals?

The severe hurricanes in Puerto Rico were in fall, 2017, the OIG report details the obstruction of the OIG's investigation in 2019 into the unprecedented withholding of hurricane relief aid, FOR YEARS!

1629054336465.jpeg

After A Long Delay, HUD Says It Is Lifting Hold On Puerto Rico ...

https://www.npr.org › 2020/01/15 › months-after-blowin...
Jan 15, 2020 — "Updated at 5:27 p.m. ET. The Trump administration is releasing its hold on billions of dollars of aid to Puerto Rico after a months-long ..."

After withholding disaster relief aid nearly three years, resulting in 300,000 or more Puerto Ricans moving to the U.S. mainland where they are eligible to vote in a presidential election, just six weeks before that election, this was announced.:

Trump Administration Announces Nearly $13 Billion In Aid For ...

https://www.npr.org › 2020/09/18 › trump-administration...
Sep 18, 2020Puerto Rico is being promised nearly $13 billion in federal disaster ... Earlier this year, HUD released its hold on more than $8 billion in ...

Biden to Free Up $1.3 Billion in Puerto Rico Storm Aid - The ...

https://www.nytimes.com › puerto-rico-maria-federal-aid
Apr 8, 2021 — "The administration plans to release $1.3 billion that was meant to help Puerto Rico rebuild after Hurricane Maria in 2017, and will remove restrictions on another $4.9 billion. ..."

Over $8 billion in federal funds for Puerto Rico released ...

https://www.miamiherald.com › news › article250784004
Puerto Rico will receive more than $8 billion in Hurricane Maria recovery money withheld during former President Donald Trump's tenure and ...
Apr 19, 2021

Last edited:
continued from last post...

Page 3 of OIG investigation report:
Obstruction of OIG investigation into delay of release by the Trump admin. of disaster aid for Puerto Rico.:

Trump administration blocked investigation into delayed ...​

https://www.washingtonpost.com › business › 2021/04/22

Apr 22, 2021 — "HUD Inspector General report on Puerto Rico aid ... of the political influence of the Trump White House on delaying disaster relief for the ..."

1629056018771.jpeg

Trump Attaches Severe Restrictions to Puerto Rico's Long ...
https://www.nytimes.com › U.S. › Politics

Jan 15, 2020 — WASHINGTON — The Trump administration imposed severe restrictions on Wednesday on billions of dollars in emergency relief to Puerto Rico, .

Last edited:
I can "lead you to water," but....

Central America's violent Northern Triangle in Trump's ...

https://www.france24.com › France 24 › Live news
Jan 31, 2018 — San Salvador (AFP). Debate is raging in America over how to adapt the country's immigration laws -- a process that will invariably affect ...

May 1, 2018
"...The U.S. has already made a substantial investment in the development of Central America's Northern Triangle through its support of the Alliance for Prosperity, a regional initiative that seeks to reduce violence and spur economic development. Congress conditioned these monies on the three governments taking steps on migration, rule of law and transparency.
While the Trump administration has announced the end to Temporary Protected Status, which threatens to send many Central Americans living in the U.S. back to often dangerous local environments, it is also on record as endorsing a conditional-aid approach for development and better governance to get at the fundamental causes of the migration. In a newspaper op-ed this past June, then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and then-Department of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly were joined by the president of the Inter-American Development Bank in saying they saw encouraging early results from the Alliance for Prosperity.
"Creating an environment that accelerates private sector investment in the Northern Triangle countries benefits all involved — the United States and Mexico will see a decrease in the number of economic migrants illegally entering, and the Northern Triangle countries will benefit from increased economic prosperity and domestic cohesion," they wrote.
I couldn't agree more. Continued support to tackle the root cause is likely to be a more effective to the challenge of illegal immigration and regional security than billions spent on a wall that, over time, is likely to be both futile and extremely costly.

AfP Statement on Cuts to Northern Triangle Assistance ...

https://www.allianceforpeacebuilding.org › afp-stateme...
Apr 1, 2019 — AfP Statement on Cuts to Northern Triangle Assistance ... When President Trump announced this decision on March 29, he stated, ...

Sept. 26. 2019

All of that took place in 2018/2019 so there's no way you can say that the surge of people flocking to our border right after Biden won the election is the result of the violence in Central America. That surge of people happened because Biden made it clear that he was going toss out Trump's policy of making asylum seekers wait in Mexico until their court date, and return to what is essentially an open border policy.

What crisis?

This "crisis" carp is Trump drama.

Period.

I am so sick of Trumpism and it's scars.

What crisis?

This "crisis" carp is Trump drama.

Period.

I am so sick of Trumpism and it's scars.

Biden tossed out Trump's policy of making asylum seekers wait in Mexico until their court date just as he said he would do, and we now have an open boarder. That's why millions have been flooding to the US and illegally crossing since Biden won the election.

If he would have said before the election that he intended to keep Trump's border policy in place, the overwhelming majority of those people would have stayed home.

I don't know. They swarmed the border when Trump was president. I think they test the waters with every new president to see if our immigration laws will be enforced or if they can circumvent our laws with a wimpy leader. The problem is we have too many people wanting to come here. We may be able to handle a 1/2 to 3/4 of million people a year. The problem arises when people show up and think they can just force their way to the front of the line. They don't think our laws apply to them. They believe they are privileged over all the other people around the world who have been waiting for decades for their turn to come here. By letting these people force their way in ahead of all the other people we have told the world that our laws are a joke as well as the people who made them. They need to learn that we decide who comes to America not them.

Is your post incoherent or grossly inaccurate? You object to Trump being inhumane, or being described as inhumane, so you expect me, a poster in an internet forum to,

"...Look around you, see that homeless person, bring him into your home for as long as he wants to stay. It is quite possible that some guy down the block is sick and needs medical care, step up and pay for it. Get the picture? If you not doing any of this, you sound a lot like Trump, the inhumane."

I'm not inspector general of this U.S. federal executive agency, and I'm certainly not POTUS, Trump was. Puerto Rican victims of back to back, severe hurricanes are American citizens.

The point is, you're quite happy with forcing me and my fellow citizens with paying the freaight for you over the top touchy feelly liberalizm but you won't step up to the plate and do the same on a one to one personal basis. IF you want half the world taken care of, then you do it.

Back
Top Bottom