• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fauci wants Trump to be blamed when Fauci was the man in Charge. Fauci is paid handsomely.

Fauci's mistake was telling the public that masks weren't necessary early on. It was false information and he did this on purpose as a cover-up for the real reason if I recall.

He would have been much more reputable if he had told the truth about mask availability instead of saying they weren't necessary. I've had little trust in him ever since.

Fauci's mistake was telling the public that masks weren't necessary early on. It was false information and he did this on purpose as a cover-up for the real reason if I recall.
You recall poorly. He said that at the very beginning because the kind of masks that regular people could get (not the N95s) dont do that much to stop people *from getting infected.*
He would have been much more reputable if he had told the truth about mask availability instead of saying they weren't necessary. I've had little trust in him ever since.
Later, as they learned more and figured out our social distancing needs, they realized that the regular masks do help people *from infecting others.* They do help protect others if someone is sick and wears one.

So your lack of trust was based on faulty information.

You recall poorly. He said that at the very beginning because the kind of masks that regular people could get (not the N95s) dont do that much to stop people *from getting infected.*

Later, as they learned more and figured out our social distancing needs, they realized that the regular masks do help people *from infecting others.* They do help protect others if someone is sick and wears one.

So your lack of trust was based on faulty information.

Yes, faulty information that he released to the public which caused people to go maskless and risk contamination. That could explain one of the reasons why the number of cases skyrocketed last spring. Great job, Dr. Fauci! :mad:

Yes, faulty information that he released to the public which caused people to go maskless and risk contamination. That could explain one of the reasons why the number of cases skyrocketed last spring. Great job, Dr. Fauci! :mad:
They didnt know everything at the beginning.

And since he told people they didnt work...and not to use them...it meant they should STAY HOME since they wouldnt protect them :rolleyes: Is he responsible for stupid people too?

Nice try...but maybe logic isnt something you use in your debates?

A couple interesting points about Fauci and his attempt to absolve himself of responsibility

1. He was the Trump administrations lead advisor. If the Trump team was not following his advice and he thought to the extent that it was killing people, where was his voice before now?
He had ample opprotunity to do so but chose against it, why?

2. If progressives want to punish members of the past administration for being complicit in the actiins of that administration, Why is Fauci being retained by the Biden administration?

They didnt know everything at the beginning.

And since he told people they didnt work...and not to use them...it meant they should STAY HOME since they wouldnt protect them :rolleyes: Is he responsible for stupid people too?

Nice try...but maybe logic isnt something you use in your debates?

Maybe logic isn't your strong point. What about people who can't stay home and have to work because they don't get paid for being off? Some people waited months for their unemployment, and a thousand dollars in stimulus payments only goes so far.

People still have to go out to the stores and buy food, get medicine and basic supplies. What are they supposed to do? Stay home and starve to death?

Maybe logic isn't your strong point. What about people who can't stay home and have to work because they don't get paid for being off? Some people waited months for their unemployment, and a thousand dollars in stimulus payments only goes so far.
If they were going to go to work anyway....so? What was the difference? And it wasnt a very long period, less than a month, before they knew more to make different recommendations. It was a fluid situation.

People still have to go out to the stores and buy food, get medicine and basic supplies. What are they supposed to do? Stay home and starve to death?
They'd still do it :rolleyes: They'd be more careful about social distancing. It was a couple of weeks...nobody was starving :rolleyes:

Trump did whatever Fauci told him to do. Trump got blamed, Fauci is revered.

Yet, Trump is the "stable genius."

Trump was the President of the United States.

Trump made his Administration infamous for firing experts and professionals for personal disloyalty.

Trump was the one who was at constant odds with Fauci and the rest of the world's health officials from almost the very beginning.

Trump was the one that maintained a "it's just a flu" and "masks are for the weak" attitude until his last day.

Trump was the one offering up disinfectant injections.

Gee, seems to me that Trump Nation continues to try to promote Trump as God on earth AND just a simpleton non-stable genius victim. Never Trump. No NEVER!

You can throw Fauci under the bus. You can throw Mattis under the bus. You can throw Wray under the bus. You can throw Kelly under the bus. You can throw Tillerson under the bus.

Even Birx has confirmed that it was a nightmare trying to do her job with Trump:

At some point, though, you may have to start thinking the problem may have been Trump himself.

Well, that would mean that he has to look in the mirror and acknowledge what he supports. He will never do that.

In my view, Fauci has been excruciatingly diplomatic when discussing Trump and Trump's words and actions on the pandemic, both before and after Biden took office. I suppose that I could research and list all the things Trump has said about Covid, from Lysol to it disappearing like magic, but that wouldn't make a dent in his true believer's true beliefs. They've been had, but it will take some time for them to come to grips with his nonsense.
Fauci handled it like a real pro the whole time he worked for T****. He refused to let the relentless reporters bait him into saying anything negative about T**** or his decisions. He was always respectful of T**** and he was always honest, which he still is being. Honesty is a good trait, especially when it is coupled with intelligent and respectful discussion. I have a lot of respect for Fauci, not only what he knows as an epidemiologist, but how he handled himself in a difficult job.

Reactions: AJG
That point is moot. The average person couldn't buy a mask for love nor money in the early days of the pandemic. I know--I tried. Fortunately a coworker sewed them for all of us from her quilting scraps.

Trump did whatever Fauci told him to do. Trump got blamed, Fauci is revered.

The POTUS called every shot as it related to Covid 19. Anybody blaming Fauci should have their heads examined.

415,000 dead Americans....all blood on Trump's greasy hands.

This is absolutely false. Every bit of it. On March third, Fauci stated that there was a shortage of all types of PPE (thanks Trump) and he wanted the short supply of masks to be used by the health care pros. Also at that time, the studies on whether masks were effective in slowing down the spread was unknown. He was not lying at all.

By the end of April and then early May, multiple trials were completed and it was announced by several testing companies that mask wearing would slow down the disease by a factor of 6. It was then at that time, the private sector was mass producing masks and there was no shortage. Then 2 things happened. Fauci told the American people to wear them. And Trump began mocking people who wore them. All the gullible Trump supporters mimicked Trump and refused to wear masks. Something as critical as mask wearing unfortunately became political and as a result, the US has 417,000 dead people...most of them could have been prevented .

The US has a per capita death rate an astounding 8th worst out of 193 countries despite having the most wealth, the best resources, the finest doctors and the best epidemiologists in the world. How can that possibly be? Who is to blame? The idiot who was last seen tripping on his dick as he limped out of the White House. Nobody but him.

Yet, Trump is the "stable genius."

Trump was the President of the United States.

Trump made his Administration infamous for firing experts and professionals for personal disloyalty.

Trump was the one who was at constant odds with Fauci and the rest of the world's health officials from almost the very beginning.

Trump was the one that maintained a "it's just a flu" and "masks are for the weak" attitude until his last day.

Trump was the one offering up disinfectant injections.

Gee, seems to me that Trump Nation continues to try to promote Trump as God on earth AND just a simpleton non-stable genius victim. Never Trump. No NEVER!

On March 16, Trump told you and me that the virus would magically disappear. What a servant he was. eh? Just a brilliant man with a brilliant mind, wouldn't you agree? On February 28, he called Covid 19 a "democratic hoax". He muttered those words despite the fact that tens of thousands of people had already died globally.

On February 3rd, his recorded tape with Bob Woodward had him stating that this was 5-10 times deadlier than the flu. Weeks later he announced publicly to America that it "was no worse than the flu".

And that is just the tip of the iceberg regarding the lies he told on the pandemic.

And yet, here we have a public forum. after everything has been revealed and is now public knowledge, and yet we have idiots blaming Dr. Fauci. This country is just loaded with ignorant buffoons..

You are absolutely clueless as to the time frame of what actually happened. Use your google button and learn the truth.

If one googles "Did Fauci lie about wearing masks". There are dozens and dozens of articles that unequivocally proves that he did not lie. Some of the dates I posted were off by a few days but my analyses and sequence of evens are 100% on the money.

All you trump sycophants can do 1 of 2 things. You can believe the bullshit that Fox told you about Fauci or you can get off your dead ass and use the google button and learn the truth. It's your choice.

So based on this OP Trump supporters have given up on trying to support Trump's handling of the Covid response. And why wouldn't they - the response was clearly lacking compared to most other countries.

But instead of blaming Trump for the inept response they've turned their guns on Fauci. It won't work, the buck stops at the top.

Fauci handled it like a real pro the whole time he worked for T****. He refused to let the relentless reporters bait him into saying anything negative about T**** or his decisions. He was always respectful of T**** and he was always honest, which he still is being. Honesty is a good trait, especially when it is coupled with intelligent and respectful discussion. I have a lot of respect for Fauci, not only what he knows as an epidemiologist, but how he handled himself in a difficult job.

Man how he handled the opposing considerations of informing and protecting the public in a deadly pandemic and tactfully navigating around a malignant narcissist boss was a high-wire balancing act for the ages.

Last edited:
Trump could have presided at least two ways.

Charge out and act like he was the man in charge. Or talk to the public with the Public health services actually in charge.

Trouble is the media picked the wrong persons.

Fauci kept his job because of his bad mouthing Trump. It was Fauci and not Trump in charge of the medical end.

But Fauci latched onto the idea of blaming Trump.

Anyway the truth comes out. Fauci raking in $417,600 per year is the man.

Bad mouthing, or correcting and challenging falsehoods promoted by Trump? You choose. I made my choice; can you guess what it is?

Trump has a special place in history in fighting this very deadly virus.
Hilarious! I guess you forgot; "in 15 days...like a miracle...it will be gone". Trump did nothing but downplay and minimise the severity of the virus, and attempt to get his 'people' to slow down testing because it made his pre-election numbers look bad. That's the reality you need to face. "Special", yes, but not in the way you imagine.

You can believe the bullshit that Fox told you about Fauci or you can get off your dead ass and use the google button and learn the truth. It's your choice.
What are you doing! If the 'dead ass' crowd learns and posts the truth most of this place shuts down by the end of the day. We'd be limited to exchanging recipes and writing book reviews.

Trump did whatever Fauci told him to do.

Simply not true. Trump never just does what people tell him he should. Fauci did not tell him to lie to the American people. Facui did not tell him to wait till late March to have the country start pumping out PPE gear and other medical equipment

Order your groceries and meds online like I do, and get them delivered. How hard is that?

Fauci was in charge????

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I guess I should keep laughing. But at some point you just have to shake your head that Trump's Cult still doesn't know how Trump operates.

Back
Top Bottom