• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fatah: Hamas Kills Aid Workers and Steals Food for Itself

JMB1911A1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Believe all Palestinians, right?

Fatah-run Awdah TV host: Hamas’ persecution of any party who is a source for distributing the [humanitarian] aid or securing it began from the start of the war, as Hamas persecuted well-known figures and teams of volunteers on the ground in mid-October [2023].​
It attacked them and killed some of them for two reasons: Firstly, preventing any activity by any [other] party in the Gaza Strip; and secondly, ensuring Hamas control over the aid and its storage, which of course leads to these crazy and unreal pricesthat no one can pay in the shadow of this destruction. After the occupation [i.e., Israel] bombed storehouses controlled by Hamas, the accumulation of tons of various food and aid products that Hamas had taken exclusivity over became clear, at a time when the Gaza Strip is suffering from hunger.”​
Video link for our resident anti-semites who will say this is Israeli propaganda.

Fatah-run Awdah TV host: Hamas’ persecution of any party who is a source for distributing the [humanitarian] aid or securing it began from the start of the war, as Hamas persecuted well-known figures and teams of volunteers on the ground in mid-October [2023].​
It attacked them and killed some of them for two reasons: Firstly, preventing any activity by any [other] party in the Gaza Strip; and secondly, ensuring Hamas control over the aid and its storage, which of course leads to these crazy and unreal pricesthat no one can pay in the shadow of this destruction. After the occupation [i.e., Israel] bombed storehouses controlled by Hamas, the accumulation of tons of various food and aid products that Hamas had taken exclusivity over became clear, at a time when the Gaza Strip is suffering from hunger.”​
Video link for our resident anti-semites who will say this is Israeli propaganda.
For maybe the 1,000th time.
Hamas is not Palestine, and Palestinians are not Hamas.

For maybe the 1,000th time.
Hamas is not Palestine, and Palestinians are not Hamas.
And for the 1,000th time, the Palestinians support Hamas. Probably with greater percentages than Germans supported Hitler.

From last month:

Nearly six months after Hamas attacked Israel on Oct. 7, almost three out of four Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank (71%) believe the attacks were justified, according to a poll released by the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research (PCPSR).​
...​
The overall poll figure has remained steady, but Palestinian support for the Hamas attacks has increased from 57% to 71% in Gaza over the past three months while dipping from 82% to 71% in the West Bank.​
...​
Among other questions in the poll was who Palestinians would vote for if new parliamentary elections were held today. A plurality—36%—said they wouldn’t vote. Among vote-getters, Hamas won the largest percentage—30%. This was followed by “none of the above,” which won 15%. Just below this, with less than half the support won by Hamas, was PA President Mahmoud Abbas’ Fatah movement, which won 14% of the vote. Finally, 6% of respondents surveyed said they would back third parties.​
This like Germans voting to re-elect Hitler in early 1945.

And for the 1,000th time, the Palestinians support Hamas. Probably with greater percentages than Germans supported Hitler.

From last month:

Nearly six months after Hamas attacked Israel on Oct. 7, almost three out of four Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank (71%) believe the attacks were justified, according to a poll released by the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research (PCPSR).​
...​
The overall poll figure has remained steady, but Palestinian support for the Hamas attacks has increased from 57% to 71% in Gaza over the past three months while dipping from 82% to 71% in the West Bank.​
...​
Among other questions in the poll was who Palestinians would vote for if new parliamentary elections were held today. A plurality—36%—said they wouldn’t vote. Among vote-getters, Hamas won the largest percentage—30%. This was followed by “none of the above,” which won 15%. Just below this, with less than half the support won by Hamas, was PA President Mahmoud Abbas’ Fatah movement, which won 14% of the vote. Finally, 6% of respondents surveyed said they would back third parties.​
This like Germans voting to re-elect Hitler in early 1945.
So all Americans support the Biden administration?

And I see no support anywhere in your source that would indicate this is anywhere close to an accurate poll.

And I see no support anywhere in your source that would indicate this is anywhere close to an accurate poll.
Well, the poll was conducted by Palestinians, in Palestine.

Here is a link to the actual poll.

Some key takeaways:

• The sample size of this poll is 1580 adults, of whom 830 were interviewed face to face in the West Bank (in 83 locations) and 750 in the Gaza Strip (in 75 locations). Given the uncertainty about the population distribution in the Gaza Strip, we almost doubled the size of the sample in that area in order to lower the margin of error, which stands at +/-3%. The combined West Bank-Gaza Strip data file was reweighted to reflect the actual proportionate size of the population in the two Palestinian areas. Therefore, the sample is representative of the residents of the two areas.
  • Seventy-five locations were selected from among those in Rafah, Deir al-Balah, Mawasi Khan Younis, and the displaced persons who were forced by the Israeli army to relocate into these areas. These communities were either “counting areas,” according to the classification of the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, as the case was in Rafah and some areas of Deir al-Balah, or gatherings of displaced persons in shelters, that are schools or institutions affiliated with the government or UNRWA, or tent gatherings distributed in the areas of Rafah.
  • As we did in our previous poll three months ago, we asked the respondents in this poll what they thought of Hamas’ decision to launch the October the 7th offensive. A vast majority of 71%, compared to 72% in December 2023, say it was correct. However, despite the stability of the total response, the findings do show significant change when looking at the two areas separately. As the figure below shows, the perception that the decision of the offensive was correct drops in the West Bank by 11 points and increases in the Gaza Strip by 14 points.
  • When asked about their own preferences for the party that should be in control in the Gaza Strip after the war, 59% (64% in the West Bank and 52% in the Gaza Strip) selected Hamas; 13% selected the PA without President Abbas; 11% selected the PA with Abbas; 3% selected one or more Arab country;1% selected the UN, and 1% selected the Israeli army.
Sounds like a pretty valid poll and looks like the Palestinians support Hamas.

We should be doing a better for the women and children in Gaza.

Which moron on the left or in the Biden administration that was pressuring Israel to provide more humanitarian aid to Gaza didn't see this coming? I'm sure they knew this would happen and do not care. It's just another attempt to fool folks.

There have been multiple surveys including long before the Oct 7 attacks showing a majority of people in Gaza enthusiastically supporting Hamas and its agenda. Since Hamas is anything but wishy-washy about its goal and indeed quite overt about the eradication of all Jewish people, it is not unreasonable to conclude that the majority of Palestinians in Gaza have for some time supported the genocide of those of Jewish faith.

This is why I don't think Israel's military operations are going to fix this. Hamas enjoys levels of support similar to or in excess of what the Nazi party enjoyed in pre-WW2 Germany or what Japan's Emperor enjoyed during the same time period. It took mass reprogramming of an entire nation over the course of a full generation before they could play well with other kids within the international community. I think something similar is required here. Children in Gaza need to be taught, day after day, year after year, that it is okay for other religions to exist, and they need to grow into young adults, have their own children, and raise those children to believe as they do. Then, we can start building toward peace.

Until then, we have some 2 million people the majority of whom want to see Jewish people exterminated, facing off against Israel that doesn't know how to solve this problem except through futile military means.

It's a sad situation all around, but Hamas' popularity should not be in much doubt. It's been a long time since any political party in the US enjoyed as much support amongst Americans as Hamas enjoys amongst Gaza Palestinians.

There have been multiple surveys including long before the Oct 7 attacks showing a majority of people in Gaza enthusiastically supporting Hamas and its agenda. Since Hamas is anything but wishy-washy about its goal and indeed quite overt about the eradication of all Jewish people, it is not unreasonable to conclude that the majority of Palestinians in Gaza have for some time supported the genocide of those of Jewish faith.

This is why I don't think Israel's military operations are going to fix this. Hamas enjoys levels of support similar to or in excess of what the Nazi party enjoyed in pre-WW2 Germany or what Japan's Emperor enjoyed during the same time period. It took mass reprogramming of an entire nation over the course of a full generation before they could play well with other kids within the international community. I think something similar is required here. Children in Gaza need to be taught, day after day, year after year, that it is okay for other religions to exist, and they need to grow into young adults, have their own children, and raise those children to believe as they do. Then, we can start building toward peace.

Until then, we have some 2 million people the majority of whom want to see Jewish people exterminated, facing off against Israel that doesn't know how to solve this problem except through futile military means.

It's a sad situation all around, but Hamas' popularity should not be in much doubt. It's been a long time since any political party in the US enjoyed as much support amongst Americans as Hamas enjoys amongst Gaza Palestinians.
That won't happen until the UNRWA is disbanded and truly neutral content is taught in Palestinian schools.

That won't happen until the UNRWA is disbanded and truly neutral content is taught in Palestinian schools.

I agree, the UNRWA has done its damage and needs to go. We need, as you say, a truly neutral coalition.

Surveys? You mean self-reported answers? If you think about it, you'll know why I disregard any surveys taken in authoritarian countries. Do you believe Putin is as popular as Russian surveys say he is? I don't. Imo, the government in charge rarely represents the beliefs of the majority of the governed.

Show me the source you use for the claim that Hamas is popular in Gaza.

I would agree with both of those statements. Is there a point here?

I hear many people say things like "Hamas is not the Palestinians" and I do not feel statements such as these are accurate.

I hear many people say things like "Hamas is not the Palestinians" and I do not feel statements such as these are accurate.
When 4/88 was President were you a MAGAt? I wasn't, and neither was a vast majority of the country. Same theory applies in Gaza imo.

How come we never hear the end of it with the World Aid Kitchen accidental deaths but this has virtually no publicity?

Recommended video interview. Let's see if any anti-Israel folk watch it.

Back
Top Bottom