• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Family saved by miracle or Divine intervention?

Agreed. For some, a fall back to explain what they don't want to admit.

And I'm sure you're going to show how it was your Christian God that did this. I won't hold my breath.

Miraculous luck;)

And I'm sure you're going to show how it was your Christian God that did this. I won't hold my breath.

But I really want you to hold your breath....

I'm not going to show anything. Just asked the question.

But I'm cool with your hate of people who don't think like you. That's your poison to deal with, not mine.

But I really want you to hold your breath....

I'm not going to show anything. Just asked the question.

But I'm cool with your hate of people who don't think like you. That's your poison to deal with, not mine.

I'm cool with you believing in your sky fairy. I look at it as the same as someone who believes Santa Claus is real.

Miraculous luck;)

For sure. Think of the thousands of moments that all connected to save the life of that family.

Amazing.

I hope that family brought extra diapers, because they probably needed them.

Note to self, always look both ways when crossing the street.

A miracle, divine intervention, or just luck?
Why does it need to be any of those things? Nothing in the sequence of events goes beyond any physical laws or possibilities and it’s only an apparent coincidence that someone was crossing the road at the same time the cars collided. There are probably countless similar near misses (and just as many unfortunate hits) in similar circumstances.

For sure. Think of the thousands of moments that all connected to save the life of that family.

Amazing.

I hope that family brought extra diapers, because they probably needed them.

Note to self, always look both ways when crossing the street.

Um, yeah. Crazy how oblivious they are of that car speeding at them but it does seem like they were more focused on the other thoughtless people turning right in front of the family so I'll give them a pass.

I do have to say, they had a guardian angel watching over them.

Why does it need to be any of those things? Nothing in the sequence of events goes beyond any physical laws or possibilities and it’s only an apparent coincidence that someone was crossing the road at the same time the cars collided. There are probably countless similar near misses (and just as many unfortunate hits) in similar circumstances.

True. An amazing stroke of luck. A remarkable coincidence that everything happened the way it did, resulting in the family likely avoiding death.

Or, to some, a sign of something else at play. Are they not allowed to think that?

Um, yeah. Crazy how oblivious they are of that car speeding at them but it does seem like they were more focused on the other thoughtless people turning right in front of the family so I'll give them a pass.

I do have to say, they had a guardian angel watching over them.

It's one of those Holy **** moments that can't help but get one thinking...…

One fraction of a second difference in many moving parts, and...……………...

they were apparently crossing when other turning cars were still in intersection.

I'm cool with you believing in your sky fairy. I look at it as the same as someone who believes Santa Claus is real.

Do you, actually? Because if you're running up on groups of people (kids, I assume) who believe in Santa, not only telling them that Santa isn't real, but telling them they're dumbasses for believing it, well...that makes you kind of a jerk, brother, no? :lamo Bah humbug, and all of that.

True. An amazing stroke of luck. A remarkable coincidence that everything happened the way it did, resulting in the family likely avoiding death.
Or, to some, a sign of something else at play. Are they not allowed to think that?
You’re free to think anything you want. There is still no actual reason to assume your free thoughts reflect reality. :cool:

You’re free to think anything you want. There is still no actual reason to assume your free thoughts reflect reality. :cool:

Faith doesn't require reason - in fact, it's belief in the absence of proof, so it's sort of the opposite of reason. And yet, for billions of people around the world, it is enough of a "reality" that they choose to participate.

You might be right...but I'm not sure it matters. Best to stick with the first sentence. ;) :)

Back
Top Bottom