• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FAIR: Foundation Against Intolerance and Racism -- The Honest and True Organization Against Racism

Agson, show me the quote from FAIR in which they say that reverse racism is egregious—or are you just putting words in their mouth again.
Clearly you are simply being argumentative, as FAIR has clearly presented they are opposed to all forms of racism and relevant intolerance. Do your own homework; educate yourself. It's really easy .. if you try.

Diversity is the new Affirmative Action. Saw years of it in the corporate world. It's all about race and homosexuality.

I am in the corporate wold. It's not all about race and homosexuality in my corporate world. :LOL:

Sometimes it's like you're not speaking english. You're trying to control and debate the definition of racism. It just makes it difficult to have a conversation with you.
Translation: "I, SheWolf, find that you, Ontologuy, are constantly presenting valid arguments in plain English that win the debate against me as I have no reasoned accurate reply and thus it just makes it difficult to get away with false statements with you."

FAIR as a hate group with close ties to white supremacist groups.[7]

No thanks

What if none of Dr. Seuess' books had any such indication of bigotry, and didn't really "stereotype" any group, including Asians?

Cartoonists and illustrators often draw people they wish to present as being indigenous to a particular global region and/or in association with typical indigenous activities in a manner which clearly visually identifies them thusly and relavent to their attempt to tell an innocent story.

That's not demeaning, it's certainly not racism, and it's a big stretch to call it "stereotyping", as zealous "cancel culture" cultists falsely allege.

If they ever want to attain emotional maturity, leftist snowflakes need to stop looking for conjured-up "racist" evil outside of themselves at every corner near anyone remotely associated with anyone who prevented their anointed Hillary Clinton from ascending to the Presidency, exit their "emotional safe places" for the truly fragile, and instead take a good hard look in the mirror, as Michael Jackson's song advocates, "and make a change" in themselves to create emotional strength and stability. Then they would stop their egregious racist false accusations of "racism" against combinations of White, straight conservative, Male, Christians that BLM's "cancel culture" commands their cultist followers to do.

Regardless, FAIR is opposed to all forms of racism .. including so-called "reverse-racism", an egregious form of racism leveled at Whites in northern hemisphere capitalist countries.
Yeah, you're coming off like a member of the "real racism" police right now.

In the same thread, you claim to have no tolerance for any form of racism and bigotry, and here you are arguing that Asians have no valid reason to be offended by racist depictions. Asian people don't like these depictions, but thankfully we have you here to lecture Asians and everybody else why they are just being crybabies and not a victim of "real racism."

AmericanBornChinese-48-e1475118880543-1024x1024.jpg

Your statement here is clearly, obviously, and laughably meaningless.
What's your deal? Are you like 80 years old? Why are you making excuses for racist depictions of certain groups? Do you think black face shouldn't be a big deal either?

Very good. And let's also make sure that everyone gets the education at allows them to compete. In other words, a level playing field. But it's not, is it? Whites most often have an advantage in that area, and the children of wealthy white even more of an advantage through tutors and through the Influence of their parents. That's how George W Bush got into Yale and Donald J Trump into Wharton, through parental influence instead of "merit". Since the children of the wealthy have advantages that others don't, should the entire student population of Yale and Harvard consist of them?
The point is that we don't live in a perfect world and merit only goes so far. That's why Junior gets to take over Daddy's business rather than someone better qualified.
The world isn't fair, I never went to college, but found other means to become employable. I don't gripe at rich people who are able to send their kids to Ivy league schools. Or pass business down to their offspring. My privilege is that I went to public school, made honor roll stayed out of trouble, never on drugs or end up in the justice system. I had two parents and that isn't privilege, it should be the norm.
Retired at 55 . " I hear all free college" free heath care and "living wage" crying. Spare me.

What's your deal? Are you like 80 years old? Why are you making excuses for racist depictions of certain groups? Do you think black face shouldn't be a big deal either?
Your accusations against me are simply false.

I've made no excuses for racist behavior of any kind.

I'm simply saying the truth that many accusations of racism, such as those against Dr. Seuss's six books, are blatantly false accusations, and obviously so.

You are simply purposely being obtuse.

Read all of FAIR's presentation and it should become clear to you that they oppose both racism in any form and relevant intolerance in any form. You're simply conjuring up argumentativeness, and I'm not going to waste my time with you.

Your last sentence is merely an example of unjustified argumentativeness. You clearly have no desire to oppose all forms of racism and relevant intolerance.

I read their entire website and it’s quite clear that you are putting word# intheir mouth, Very little of what you claim about them is actually written in their website. You are insisting on putting your own spin in your own words and claiming it as theirs. That is dishonest.
:rolleyes:

It doesn't matter whether someone "likes it" or "not". Whether a person likes it or not in no way makes something racist.

There are a lot of leftists feigning the taking of offense right now merely to make political hay where there is simply no racism.

The topic is racism, not anecdotal likes and dislikes. Please stick to the topic.

I am sticking to the topic. You are the one who brought up Dr Seuss. I am merely pointing out how a few of his lesser known books could indeed contain some text or pictures that could be offensive to certain ethnic groups.

Clearly you are simply being argumentative, as FAIR has clearly presented they are opposed to all forms of racism and relevant intolerance. Do your own homework; educate yourself. It's really easy .. if you try.

But it is YOU who is making the claim that certain actions are racism, not they. Please quit putting words in their mouth. Let them speak for themselves.

Yeah, you're coming off like a member of the "real racism" police right now. In the same thread, you claim to have no tolerance for any form of racism and bigotry, and here you are arguing that Asians have no valid reason to be offended by racist depictions. Asian people don't like these depictions, but thankfully we have you here to lecture Asians and everybody else why they are just being crybabies and not a victim of "real racism."
Your false accusations and ad hominems against me are getting tiring .. and your employment of them indicate you can't create a real logical reasoned presentation.

You're presuming something is racist when it's not.

Then you give presentations of real racism though none of such reflects any of my presentations yet you pretend it does.

Your debate style is really a loser.

You've made it clear that you support an egregious form of racism, so-called "reverse-racism". at least you've made that point clear and I agree with your self-assessment.

Your accusations against me are simply false.

I've made no excuses for racist behavior of any kind.

I'm simply saying the truth that many accusations of racism, such as those against Dr. Seuss's six books, are blatantly false accusations, and obviously so.
I still think you're being absurd with this "real racism" stuff, and trying to control the definition of racism. People will find things offensive for different reasons. Instead of trying to understand the POV of others and why Asians may take offense, you blatantly declare them all wrong. You're policing what "real racism" is, and you're not helping anything. A lot of liberals are way over the top on this issue, and you're just the right wing version of the worst liberals.

I read their entire website and it’s quite clear that you are putting word# intheir mouth, Very little of what you claim about them is actually written in their website. You are insisting on putting your own spin in your own words and claiming it as theirs. That is dishonest.

I am sticking to the topic. You are the one who brought up Dr Seuss. I am merely pointing out how a few of his lesser known books could indeed contain some text or pictures that could be offensive to certain ethnic groups.
And again, your statements are obviously false.

What is crystal clear is that you support an egregious form of racism, so-called "reverse-racism", and you attempt to distract attention from that reality by your failed attempt to put down FAIR and anyone who supports FAIR's honest and true attempt to oppose racism and relevant intolerance.

Then you project about being dishonest.

I think I'm done with you .. for now.

The world isn't fair, I never went to college, but found other means to become employable. I don't gripe at rich people who are able to send their kids to Ivy league schools. Or pass business down to their offspring. My privilege is that I went to public school, made honor roll stayed out of trouble, never on drugs or end up in the justice system. I had two parents and that isn't privilege, it should be the norm.
Retired at 55 . " I hear all free college" free heath care and "living wage" crying. Spare me.

You are the one who claimed that it would all be solved by a merit society. I was just pointing out that such is a pipe dream, not a reality. It would be nice if it was, but we would first need to find some equality of opportunity such as the availability of good schools to everyone.

Your false accusations and ad hominems against me are getting tiring .. and your employment of them indicate you can't create a real logical reasoned presentation.

You're presuming something is racist when it's not.

Then you give presentations of real racism though none of such reflects any of my presentations yet you pretend it does.

Your debate style is really a loser.

You've made it clear that you support an egregious form of racism, so-called "reverse-racism". at least you've made that point clear and I agree with your self-assessment.
I am not trying to control the definition of racism. I am not trying to judge the world for Asians, nor am I attempting to judge any depiction of Asians as acceptable or unacceptable for the Asian race. My point is, you need to back up and realize these discussions are often not about you. That's step one, and you fail to realize that the voice and opinion of Asian people matters a hell of a lot more than your's. Secondly, you need to learn why racism is wrong and how it impacts other people. If you learn to do that, and realize how certain images are harmful to certain groups, then you learn to be more helpful.

You are the one who claimed that it would all be solved by a merit society. I was just pointing out that such is a pipe dream, not a reality. It would be nice if it was, but we would first need to find some equality of opportunity such as the availability of good schools to everyone.
My mom went to a one room school house in northern N. Dakota. This was depression era prairie / farming. It was the bottom of everything. She became an RN in surgical nursing. I have a stack of her old school books. She didn't even have a 4G smart phone or Alexa.

I just discovered a new organization that is honest and true in its fight against racism: FAIR: Foundation Against Intolerance and Racism .

The highlights:

1. It's honest and true in its fight against racism -- they oppose racism of all kinds, neo-racism, reverse-racism, you name it.

2. It's non-partisan -- there's no left or right political undertones to their message, and thus all who are truly passionate against racism can get behind this approach without having to defend their political perspective.

3. It's a true rainbow coalition -- just watch their quick homepage video.

4. It's non-violent -- it draws on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s philosophy of non-violence, compassion, and embracing of our shared common humanity.

5. It's intelligent -- you can tell by their videos and written assertions that it's pretty high IQ, both mentally and emotionally.

6. It contains no additional "anti-" philosophy -- their focus is purely on addressing ending racism, all racism, without muddying down their efforts with hidden ideological/political agendas.

7. They actually reach out and support people -- if you've been the victim of any kind of racism you can contact them for support.

8. They address racism where it harms the most -- at work, at colleges and universities, and at your kid's school.

9. They provide references to legal assistance -- if you've been harmed by racism, been expelled from school/college, lost your job, your career, or your community standing, etc., whatever the harm, you can get legal help to fight back.

10. You can volunteer with them -- they're open to those who wish to start a FAIR chapter in their own neighborhood.

Yes, finally an organization that not only understands what racism truly is, they are compassionate in their approach to accurately identifying racism and providing support for bringing it to an end, without any hidden agendas.

FAIR is truly a great organization, in my opinion.
What does this group do to fight racism when they encounter it. Do you have examples of action they have taken?

Last edited:
I am not trying to control the definition of racism.
Clearly false. You are definitely projecting your illusion of what is racism all over the accurate definition of racism presented by Merriam-Webster, which you do for leftist ideology reasons and political gains.

That's what's so great about FAIR: they have no political agenda, they clearly respect the accurate definition of racism, and they oppose all of those forms of racism.

You leftists clearly support the egregious form of racism so-called "reverse-racism".

I am not trying to judge the world for Asians, nor am I attempting to judge any depiction of Asians as acceptable or unacceptable for the Asian race.
Again, false. You most certainly are judging what is acceptable and not acceptable to an entire race. That's not for you to do. Each individual decides what they like and don't like.

But likes and non-likes are irrelevant.

What's relevant here in this thread is what is racism, and the allegations about the Dr. Seuss books being racist, including the Asian drawings, are simply and obviously false by definition.

My point is, you need to back up and realize these discussions are often not about you. That's step one,
Now you're simply projecting.

You would do well not to wipe your psychological projections on others, primarily because they belong to you and for you to deal with, and second because you make major errors in judging another.

Of course, clearly, what you really want me to do is agree with you, so, because I don't, you infer there's something wrong with me, with my thinking, and the like. That's rather narcissistic of you. Better would be for all leftists to take a good look in the mirror, and realize that their entire political perspective is all a transfer and displacement of unresolved family-of-origin issues onto the public political arena.

and you fail to realize that the voice and opinion of Asian people matters a hell of a lot more than your's.
And again you project big time.

You do not know of any "voice and opinion of Asian people" in this matter.

You simply delude that every Asian is all disturbed by the Dr. Seuss book that presents a drawing of an Asian person because that fits your ideological mindset, which has nothing to do whatsoever with actual reality.

But there are no such groups. It's the damn BLM bully mob "cancel culture" that deludes these books are racist and has made threatening suggestions of such to various administrators, not some fantasized "Asian council" representing "the voice and opinion of all Asian people".

Reality remains, there are likely some Asians who don't "like" the drawings, some Asians who find them "amusing", some Asians who could care less. Nobody knows the numbers of these in each category. But since there's yet to be any real outrage by the Asian community at large presented in the media, this entire flap is much ado about nothing, and is merely, once again, the Marxist communist BLM bully mob "cancel culture" attempting to destabilize society for their political gains.

But the biggest reality that remains, relevant to this thread, is that these drawings are simply not racist, by definition.

Secondly, you need to learn why racism is wrong and how it impacts other people.
And again you project even bigger than before.

I'm the one who posted this thread about FAIR, an organization that's opposed to racism in all its forms, so clearly I already know how wrong racism is.

You, on the other hand, have clearly stated that you support the form of egregious racism so-called "reverse-racism".

So, obviously, the next time you think that racism against the majority race(s) in a society is okay, remember your own words: "you need to learn why racism is wrong and how it impacts other people" .. and stop advocating this egregious form of racism.

if you learn to do that, and realize how certain images are harmful to certain groups, then you learn to be more helpful.
Your own words, back in the mirror at you.

As Michael Jackson so wisely sang, perhaps you might "take a look in the mirror and make a change".

What does this group do to fight racism when they encounter it. Do you have examples of action they have taken?
"I" don't have "examples of action they have taken". It's not for me to "have" those examples.

They have those examples of action they have taken in their website.

Perhaps you may want to peruse their website more thoroughly .. and even write to them for more detail on such action, if you wish.

"I" don't have "examples of action they have taken". It's not for me to "have" those examples.

They have those examples of action they have taken in their website.

Perhaps you may want to peruse their website more thoroughly .. and even write to them for more detail on such action, if you wish.
How do you know they are a good organization if you are not familiar with anything they have done?
Anyone can create a website condemning racism but what really matters is what they do about it.

How do you know they are a good organization if you are not familiar with anything they have done?
What??? Your obvious jump to conclusion is simply a huge projection on your part. I never said "I" am not familiar with FAIR's activities, you said you didn't know what they were, and I suggested you read their website more thoroughly to find out.

Anyone can create a website condemning racism but what really matters is what they do about it.
And from reading their website it's clear they are quite active about doing something about racism and intolerance, by supporting victims of racism and intolerance in various ways including emotional support, alliance support, and legal support.

It's all there on their website.

Clearly false. You are definitely projecting your illusion of what is racism all over the accurate definition of racism presented by Merriam-Webster, which you do for leftist ideology reasons and political gains.

That's what's so great about FAIR: they have no political agenda, they clearly respect the accurate definition of racism, and they oppose all of those forms of racism.

You leftists clearly support the egregious form of racism so-called "reverse-racism".

Again, false. You most certainly are judging what is acceptable and not acceptable to an entire race. That's not for you to do. Each individual decides what they like and don't like.

But likes and non-likes are irrelevant.

What's relevant here in this thread is what is racism, and the allegations about the Dr. Seuss books being racist, including the Asian drawings, are simply and obviously false by definition.

Now you're simply projecting.

You would do well not to wipe your psychological projections on others, primarily because they belong to you and for you to deal with, and second because you make major errors in judging another.

Of course, clearly, what you really want me to do is agree with you, so, because I don't, you infer there's something wrong with me, with my thinking, and the like. That's rather narcissistic of you. Better would be for all leftists to take a good look in the mirror, and realize that their entire political perspective is all a transfer and displacement of unresolved family-of-origin issues onto the public political arena.

And again you project big time.

You do not know of any "voice and opinion of Asian people" in this matter.

You simply delude that every Asian is all disturbed by the Dr. Seuss book that presents a drawing of an Asian person because that fits your ideological mindset, which has nothing to do whatsoever with actual reality.

But there are no such groups. It's the damn BLM bully mob "cancel culture" that deludes these books are racist and has made threatening suggestions of such to various administrators, not some fantasized "Asian council" representing "the voice and opinion of all Asian people".

Reality remains, there are likely some Asians who don't "like" the drawings, some Asians who find them "amusing", some Asians who could care less. Nobody knows the numbers of these in each category. But since there's yet to be any real outrage by the Asian community at large presented in the media, this entire flap is much ado about nothing, and is merely, once again, the Marxist communist BLM bully mob "cancel culture" attempting to destabilize society for their political gains.

But the biggest reality that remains, relevant to this thread, is that these drawings are simply not racist, by definition.

And again you project even bigger than before.

I'm the one who posted this thread about FAIR, an organization that's opposed to racism in all its forms, so clearly I already know how wrong racism is.

You, on the other hand, have clearly stated that you support the form of egregious racism so-called "reverse-racism".

So, obviously, the next time you think that racism against the majority race(s) in a society is okay, remember your own words: "you need to learn why racism is wrong and how it impacts other people" .. and stop advocating this egregious form of racism.

Your own words, back in the mirror at you.

As Michael Jackson so wisely sang, perhaps you might "take a look in the mirror and make a change".

You keep rambling about “reverse racism”. Give us some examples.

What??? Your obvious jump to conclusion is simply a huge projection on your part. I never said "I" am not familiar with FAIR's activities, you said you didn't know what they were, and I suggested you read their website more thoroughly to find out.

And from reading their website it's clear they are quite active about doing something about racism and intolerance, by supporting victims of racism and intolerance in various ways including emotional support, alliance support, and legal support.

It's all there on their website.

Where does it mention reverse racism on their website?

You keep rambling about “reverse racism”. Give us some examples.
You've previously admitted you support an egregious form of racism so-called "reverse-racism". Thus there can be no honest discussion by you on the topic until you repent of it.

Back
Top Bottom