• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

fair and balanced?

Could be...........but I have never heard them ever say "MSNBC News..."

....Now would you like to comment on how Roger Ailes memos to staff on how to slant the news is "fair and balanced"?

[h=3]MSNBC: news, video and progressive community. Lean ...[/h]www.msnbc.com/

The shows you love, issues that matter: Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, Chris Hayes, Chris Matthews, Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz, Joe Scarborough.

[h=3]MSNBC: news, video and progressive community. Lean ...[/h]www.msnbc.com/

The shows you love, issues that matter: Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, Chris Hayes, Chris Matthews, Al Sharpton, Ed Schultz, Joe Scarborough.

I never said I loved anything Jack.......so don't put your words in my mouth...........What I do is called "fair and balanced" collection of all viewpoints and then "thinking for myself" to come to an opinion...

BTW

Do you watch any of MSNBC?

And if not how do you know what you speak of?

I never said I loved anything Jack.......so don't put your words in my mouth...........What I do is called "fair and balanced" collection of all viewpoints and then "thinking for myself" to come to an opinion...

BTW

Do you watch any of MSNBC?

And if not how do you know what you speak of?

The line about "love" is part of the MSNBC website. I watch Morning Joe periodically.

The line about "love" is part of the MSNBC website. I watch Morning Joe periodically.

Try some of the ones you listed............and see what happens...........Now its time to get back on subject......don't you think?

I actually regard the CBS Morning News as the best early program.

And the one I'm watching on FOX right now as the best evening program?
What do you think of the WSJ poll out today ?

Could be...........but I have never heard them ever say "MSNBC News..."

....Now would you like to comment on how Roger Ailes memos to staff on how to slant the news is "fair and balanced"?

...so Im on DISH and I head on over to what's on MSNBC right now...and its With All Due Respect ---News/Business Mark Halperin and John Heilemann deliver a unique perspective on American Politics.

The channel writes the info for the shows. But hey why let reality get in the way of your argument.

And the one I'm watching on FOX right now as the best evening program?
What do you think of the WSJ poll out today ?

I like Bret Baier, but we usually watch NBC Nightly News. I don't know anything about today's WSJ poll.

I like Bret Baier, but we usually watch NBC Nightly News. I don't know anything about today's WSJ poll.

Really--it's all over every conceivable news.
Nationally, 28--26--17 for Teddy, as Trump now calls him, then Trump, then Rubio.
Both anti-Trumps are ahead of him by double-digits in a one-on-one race.
Redress has the link to the WSJ poll .

Really--it's all over every conceivable news.
Nationally, 28--26--17 for Teddy, as Trump now calls him, then Trump, then Rubio.
Both anti-Trumps are ahead of him by double-digits in a one-on-one race.
Redress has the link to the WSJ poll .

I'm watching local news right now.

...so Im on DISH and I head on over to what's on MSNBC right now...and its With All Due Respect ---News/Business Mark Halperin and John Heilemann deliver a unique perspective on American Politics.

The channel writes the info for the shows. But hey why let reality get in the way of your argument.

Of course you know the difference between news and opinion..........

Now why not addressing the slanting of Faux demanded by the "boss"............Have anything to say in reply to that practice is............ vis-à-vis..........real news as defined?

I never knew the channel (Bloomberg) wrote a slanted view of that "opinion" show!
Can you provide us with a source in support of what you claim?

I never knew the channel (Bloomberg) wrote a slanted view of that "opinion" show!
Can you provide us with a source in support of what you claim?

Yes, turn on your tv and look at the program description for every single show MSNBC does and it will read News in the description.

Please stop making this stone stupid argument, its embarrassing.

Yes, turn on your tv and look at the program description for every single show MSNBC does and it will read News in the description.

Please stop making this stone stupid argument, its embarrassing.

Gee I never noticed that..............But then are you referring to the "crawl"? Or is a description written by someone other than MSNBC? There would be a difference you know!

Gee I never noticed that..............But then are you referring to the "crawl"? Or is a description written by someone other than MSNBC? There would be a difference you know!

Oh, ffs.

Go to their facebook page: Media/News/Publishing
Link description: MSNBC: news, video, and progressive community
When you set up links from the site, its a NEWS feed....
on and on

They describe themselves as a news organization. You only want to question this for the purpose of being able to criticize Fox and shield similar criticism of MSNBC. Maybe you should moveon.

Oh, ffs.

Go to their facebook page: Media/News/Publishing
Link description: MSNBC: news, video, and progressive community
When you set up links from the site, its a NEWS feed....
on and on

They describe themselves as a news organization. You only want to question this for the purpose of being able to criticize Fox and shield similar criticism of MSNBC. Maybe you should moveon.

In any event this is not about MSNBC...........But is about how Faux Noise distorts and spins the news..........

And to argue its OK because others do it too ...........is logic beyond belief if you actually believe it so.......

What I find so confounding........even knowing Roger Ailes tells his "talking heads" what and how to spin the news.........folks still defend the practice of using the "news" to lie to listeners.......

You know the ends does not justify the means........But it seems many do not think so

BTW

MSNBC does not call itself a news source like "far from being balanced" Faux Noise so often portrays itself

there should be an emoticon of a liberal nutjob with his fingers in his ears, tinfoil hat screaming FAUX NEWS!! FAUX NEWS!! OMG I CANT STAND IT!!

In any event this is not about MSNBC...........But is about how Faux Noise distorts and spins the news..........

And to argue its OK because others do it too ...........is logic beyond belief if you actually believe it so.......

What I find so confounding........even knowing Roger Ailes tells his "talking heads" what and how to spin the news.........folks still defend the practice of using the "news" to lie to listeners.......

You know the ends does not justify the means........But it seems many do not think so

BTW

MSNBC does not call itself a news source like "far from being balanced" Faux Noise so often portrays itself

Why is it every other news organization is allowed to have a bias, but for some reason Fox is not? Could it be because most of the other spin things in a liberal way? Which would make your argument both self serving and hypocritical.

Btw I just proved to you they do call themselves a news source. Here is more since your arguments seem impervious to reality.

MSNBC Changes Will Transform Cable Outlet Into NBC News Channel | Variety
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2013/06/03/msnbc-denies-it-is-a-news-network/
Forbes Welcome
What's the Better News Channel: CNN or MSNBC? - TV.com

I have never seen someone both concede the point AND try to change the subject AND offer the same lost argument in the same post! Congratulations, your post tripled down on stupid.

Yes there are other news sources that are biased................But as I said, the bias of others does not justify Faux being so....... So since we agree that bias in the media is wrong....and Faux is guilty of said practice..........

Why do you defend them?

Seems to me you should be "up in arms" about Faux lies and spin just like Media Matters exposes on a daily basis...........

Why is it every other news organization is allowed to have a bias, but for some reason Fox is not? Could it be because most of the other spin things in a liberal way? Which would make your argument both self serving and hypocritical.

lets see ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR am i missing anyone?

then there's dirty FOX NEWS

the left loves diversity exc diversity of opinion

Seems to me you should be "up in arms" about Faux lies and spin just like Media Matters exposes on a daily basis...........

lol

Yes there are other news sources that are biased................But as I said, the bias of others does not justify Faux being so....... So since we agree that bias in the media is wrong....and Faux is guilty of said practice..........

Why do you defend them?

Because if the bias for all of them cannot be addressed and it wont be, they should all retain their bias and we should make up our minds after hearing from multiple sources.

You seem to be predisposed to only changing one source and leaving the rest alone, so why should I listen to you? You only want to change the bias you don't agree with.

Because if the bias for all of them cannot be addressed and it wont be, they should all retain their bias and we should make up our minds after hearing from multiple sources.

You seem to be predisposed to only changing one source and leaving the rest alone, so why should I listen to you? You only want to change the bias you don't agree with.

For myself I solve the problem by reading from ALL sources...there is always a grain of truth in all.........and read by deleting the adjectives and adverbs......and of course those emotionally charged words........This helps in getting a better picture of the 5 W's of journalism.......so one can be "informed" before forming an opinion.........

BUT IF YOU WANT TO REALLY KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON in the USA.........Read the foreign press............I recommend the Guardian and BBC for starters..........

Being informed requires a lot of work.............But I hate/detest/abhor ignorance

How many sources do you use?

I use multiple sources for any subject, up to and including academic sources.

WSJ, WaPo, HuffPo, Politico, the Hill, the alphabet soup---big 3/CNN/MSNBC/Fox, Bloomberg, IBD, geez anything I think I can learn something from reading, I will.

I go to the mega linkers too, Drudge, Yahoo, I like lots of viewpoints; and here I thought speed reading wouldn't be very useful.

Back
Top Bottom